US policeman used Taser on 72-year-old woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your second statement has a great deal to do with the fact that we are all very grateful that you aren't a cop.:giggle:

with your statement and belief, we're grateful that you're not a cop because we don't want to hear a dead female cop in news :aw:

This could be the case of one old stubborn lady who refused to sign the speeding ticket and yes, what she did was wrong for speeding over the limit but that's no reason for her to be tasered.

I mean, If she was posing a threat, the police could have retailed it in a different way instead of her being tasered.

The police may have felt that she was being combative and threatened but what can a 72 years old woman do? It's not like she would go afar to make a menace out of it.

Since the 72 years old woman said "I dare you" after she was warned that she was going to be tasered - It made me wonder if the police was really pushing it by responding to her "dare"?

says the armchair critic

And so says the police department. Travis County Sheriff Greg Hamilton, whose office does not oversee the constables, issued a statement saying: "I do not personally agree with the actions of the deputy constable as they are shown in the video. When I look at the video I am in awe of what happened."

Since you went back to and added to another post, I will also answer that question here.

A civil suit against the officer is necessary for "excessive force" charges to be heard in court. If the old woman has as much gumption as she appears to have, I'd say the possibility of that occurring in the near future is quite high.

see back your post. We're talking about driving 60mph illegally on 45mph.... not 60mph speed limit on highway. Please try to stay on topic.

Since you're preaching about it's possible to drive safely at 60 mph..... is that ok to speed 60 mph safely even on 45 mph speed limit?

And you keep saying that it is ALWAYS unsafe to drive 60 mph. That is obviously an untrue statement.

with your statement and belief, we're grateful that you're not a cop because we don't want to hear a dead female cop in news :aw:

Nor am I a wanna be. Think about it.:cool2:

Right-side lane is always the safe lane. I thought you would know because of your 40-years driving experience :)

If the right lane is always the "safe" lane, why do accidents occur there?

This could be the case of one old stubborn lady who refused to sign the speeding ticket and yes, what she did was wrong for speeding over the limit but that's no reason for her to be tasered.

I mean, If she was posing a threat, the police could have retailed it in a different way instead of her being tasered.

The police may have felt that she was being combative and threatened but what can a 72 years old woman do? It's not like she would go afar to make a menace out of it.

Since the 72 years old woman said "I dare you" after she was warned that she was going to be tasered - It made me wonder if the police was really pushing it by responding to her "dare"?

Agreed, Jolie. He was acting like a juvenile bully on the playground, not a professional law enforcement officer.

"I double dog dare you!"

"Okay, watch this!"

And so says the police department. Travis County Sheriff Greg Hamilton, whose office does not oversee the constables, issued a statement saying: "I do not personally agree with the actions of the deputy constable as they are shown in the video. When I look at the video I am in awe of what happened."
That's just his personal opinion. Legally and Technically - the officer did nothing wrong. Like I said - we're all humans. The best we can do is learn from it and do better. There's no doubt that this video will be disseminated to all law enforcements in USA and reviewed.

Since you went back to and added to another post, I will also answer that question here.

A civil suit against the officer is necessary for "excessive force" charges to be heard in court. If the old woman has as much gumption as she appears to have, I'd say the possibility of that occurring in the near future is quite high.

yea good luck. I'll believe it when I see it. For now - she was charged with resisting arrest and she's lucky to get off the hook on speeding. :wave:

And you keep saying that it is ALWAYS unsafe to drive 60 mph. That is obviously an untrue statement.

driving at 60 mph can result in death - tire blowout, slippery road, sudden swerve, road kill, and too many to list.

You are more likely to die at 60 mph than 45 mph. It is always unsafe to drive 60 mph but it is the risk for you to take. If you want to go slow, then stay on right side or local roads. :)

Obey the law and officers. Sign the ticket as required by the law. That's a good driver who made mistakes :)

That's just his personal opinion. Legally and Technically - the officer did nothing wrong. Like I said - we're all humans. The best we can do is learn from it and do better. There's no doubt that this video will be disseminated to all law enforcements in USA and reviewed.

Well, it certainly should be used as a training video...with the caption, "Never, ever behave like this idiot cop."

It is his personal opinion based on law and professional training. That, in and of itself, carries credibility.

yea good luck. I'll believe it when I see it. For now - she was charged with resisting arrest and she's lucky to get off the hook on speeding. :wave:

She was "later" charged with resisting arrest, in an attempt, no doubt, to somehow mitigate the absurdity of the officer who tazed her. He did not charge her with resisting arrest at the time of the incident.

driving at 60 mph can result in death - tire blowout, slippery road, sudden swerve, road kill, and too many to list.

You are more likely to die at 60 mph than 45 mph. It is always unsafe to drive 60 mph but it is the risk for you to take. If you want to go slow, then stay on right side or local roads. :)

Obey the law and officers. Sign the ticket as required by the law. That's a good driver who made mistakes :)

Driving at 25 mph can result in death. What is your point?

Not always.

And a person who violates a traffic law does not deserve to be tazed.

Not signing the ticket means no such thing. It means that you do not agree with the issuance of the citation.

that's what signing the ticket is for. You promise to show up at the court and contest it.

Alzheimers would mean that the woman was not in control of her faculties. Are you saying that its okay for cops to taze elderly people with dementia simply because they are sick?:shock:

exactly how are we supposed to know that?

Driving at 25 mph can result in death. What is your point?

Not always.

And a person who violates a traffic law does not deserve to be tazed.

please do not omit the details or dumb down the situation. She was combative and argumentative. She resisted arrest.

She was "later" charged with resisting arrest, in an attempt, no doubt, to somehow mitigate the absurdity of the officer who tazed her. He did not charge her with resisting arrest at the time of the incident.

source?

that's what signing the ticket is for. You promise to show up at the court and contest it.

exactly how are we supposed to know that?

No it doesn't. You can also sign the ticket, and just mail in the fine. And what about the people who sign the ticket, don't pay the fine, and then don't show up at court, either?

Common sense, Jiro.

please do not omit the details or dumb down the situation. She was combative and argumentative. She resisted arrest.

And please stop attempting to inflate the details to make it seem that this was a 72 year old woman posing a threat to this police officer, or that speeding 15 mph is a felony offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back