US policeman used Taser on 72-year-old woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.:ty: I am honored to be compared to someone who believes that tazering an old woman is absurd and bullying behavior.

but..... the old woman was being absurd and bullying first.

Agreed. It does not have to be signed by the person to be a ligitimate document of violation.

so you will not sign the speeding ticket?

you forgot to insert the statement - Do you think one should be tasered for aggressively resisting arrest and being combative & argumentative?

If people were routinely tazered for being combative and argumentative, you'd be walking around with several stories to tell us.:giggle:

so you will not sign the speeding ticket?

Depends on the circumstances, Jiro. Stop trying to twist the topic into hypothetical situations. We are talking about something that actually occurred.

My view is logical, objective and rational. The few ADers in here shared same view. I'm here to lecture you on American laws and to make you understand DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE.

My perspective - she broke the law - speeding, refusing to sign the ticket, and resisting arrest. IMO - she should STFU and suck it up. She's very lucky to get off with just "resisting arrest" charge.

Your perspective - "omg he pushed her! wtf!" and that's it :roll:

I've already stated that the cop COULD have handled it differently but it happens. The cop did NOTHING wrong - LEGALLY. That's why he was not reprimanded nor suspended.

My whole point is:

1. Police Officer´s behavior is an unprofessional.
2. Police Officer should respectfully ask her to go safe place where he want to talk her or ask her to come with him to place INSTEAD of pushed her roughly.
3. Unnecassary taser old lady.
4. Old lady do not have any weapon to threat Police Officer.

Not just that "he pushed her"...

Please quit to twist my post.

Thank you.

Depends on the circumstances, Jiro. Stop trying to twist the topic into hypothetical situations. We are talking about something that actually occurred.

I'm asking you because of your statement - "It does not have to be signed by the person to be a ligitimate document of violation."

So you would refuse to sign the speeding ticket? It's a simple question, really.

I'm asking you because of your statement - "It does not have to be signed by the person to be a ligitimate document of violation."

So you would refuse to sign the speeding ticket? It's a simple question, really.

Whether or not I would sign a ticket depending upon the exact circumstances of the situation has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that a ticket does not have to be signed to be a valid document. It only has to be signed by the officer to be a valid document.

My whole point is:

1. Police Officer´s behavior is an unprofessional.
2. Police Officer should respectfully ask her to go safe place where he want to talk her or ask her to come with him to place INSTEAD of pushed her roughly.
3. Unnecassary taser old lady.
4. Old lady do not have any weapon to threat Police Officer.

Not just that "he pushed her"...

Please quit to twist my post.

Thank you.

1. your emotions tell you its unprofessional it wasnt , 2.he did ask several times to back away and stand on the other side of the truck , 3.its not uneccesary to taser anyone I dont care if shes an old lady if she has the cojones to stand up to a cop what happens next is her own fault , 4.doesnt matter if they have a weapon. combativness is combativeness the officer maintained his cool because lord knows some people would whip the fire out of her so Id say he did a good job

I have a cousin who had a few hearts attacks and he still drive his car. People have sex with bad hearts! My dad was 75 years old with a bad heart and that did not keep him from having sex. People do not stop living because the have a poor heart!
The old woman should get a ticket for speeding ,I do have to say she was
gusty old woman! I hope I will be that gusty if I live to be her age! I wonder if Jiro is threated by strong women!

Yeah, some people I know also have heart problems, still driving, sex, etc... :lol:

Yes, like what I said in my first post that old lady was stubborn and agree that she should get a ticket for 15 mph over speed limit, not arrest her or taser her over that stupid 15 mph over speed limit... :roll:

1. your emotions tell you its unprofessional it wasnt , 2.he did ask several times to back away and stand on the other side of the truck , 3.its not uneccesary to taser anyone I dont care if shes an old lady if she has the cojones to stand up to a cop what happens next is her own fault , 4.doesnt matter if they have a weapon. combativness is combativeness the officer maintained his cool because lord knows some people would whip the fire out of her so Id say he did a good job

Maintained his cool?:laugh2:
More likely that his blood sugar had dropped because it was time for a donut stop.

Yeah, some people I know also have heart problems, still driving, sex, etc... :lol:

Yes, like what I said in my first post that old lady was stubborn and agree that she should get a ticket for 15 mph over speed limit, not arrest her or taser her over that stupid 15 mph over speed limit... :roll:

Liebling..... why are you doing this to me? why? Why must you agonize me?

For hundredth times...

1. the officer simply gave her a speeding ticket
2. he asked her to sign the ticket because it's the law in Texas.
3. If you refuse to sign the ticket, you will get arrested.
4. That's why he asked her to step out of vehicle so he can arrest her.

Do you understand? yes or no?

Maintained his cool?:laugh2:
More likely that his blood sugar had dropped because it was time for a donut stop.

huh that post made no sense at all jillio im surprised at you did i stump you you had to result to a childish remarks about the stereotypical donut cop? for shame mam. and no response from leibling

Whether or not I would sign a ticket depending upon the exact circumstances of the situation has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that a ticket does not have to be signed to be a valid document. It only has to be signed by the officer to be a valid document.

uh.... wow...... what in the god's name was that post of yours????? a simple yes or no would suffice.

did you know when the speeding ticket is given out - it has officer's signature? what's left is the driver's signature.

So when the officer completed the speeding ticket aka "valid document" and give you the speeding ticket (valid document) for you to sign, would you sign it?

If people were routinely tazered for being combative and argumentative, you'd be walking around with several stories to tell us.:giggle:

me? why? I know better than her not to be argumentative and combative to police officer. I signed ALL speeding tickets that I was given. That's why I was never tazered nor arrested. :lol:

Liebling..... why are you doing this to me? why? Why must you agonize me?

For hundredth times...

1. the officer simply gave her a speeding ticket
2. he asked her to sign the ticket because it's the law in Texas.
3. If you refuse to sign the ticket, you will get arrested.
4. That's why he asked her to step out of vehicle so he can arrest her.

Do you understand? yes or no?

What To Do If You Got a Speeding Ticket
When you get a speeding ticket, the officer will generally advise you of what you are being ticketed for, give you the ticket to review and have you sign it. Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt; it simply certifies that you received the ticket and were advised of the charges against you. Read more...

Texas Speeding Tickets — Texas Driving University

me? why? I know better than her not to be argumentative and combative to police officer. I signed ALL speeding tickets that I was given. That's why I was never tazered nor arrested. :lol:

same here the ticket must be signed its a law thats why later on you can go to court and contest it I think that pretty much says it all the fact of the matter was this woman was stupid period.

huh that post made no sense at all jillio im surprised at you did i stump you you had to result to a childish remarks about the stereotypical donut cop? for shame mam. and no response from leibling

You stump me? That's as funny as stating that this office maintained his cool.:laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back