Travis the monkey killed for going on a rampage while mental

Don't get me wrong but every living, breathing thing (including humans) is a ticking bomb. If it didn't explode, thanks God. Love is always the last thing in the list because that's not how it works in the nature. Just saying. As long as you keep that in your mind, you'll be fine. :cool2:

I think you are confusing loving with spoiling.

You CAN love an animal and treat them with respect and understanding their natures. Including understanding the need of a dog to know where they are in the hiracy. So It's very important to be really consistant with Jilli. But I don't think I can love Jilli too much.

I know with some owners they go on and on about how they love their pets. But some of these pets are really spoilt. Not because of the love, but more often lack of consistancy and disopline. Also some people don't seem to understand their pets natures but it's got nothing to do with loving or not loving. You should try to understand the animal natures but that and loving is too diferant things intirely. It's quite possible to do both.

About snakes in NY/Rochester - see the parenthesis. I was just making it up because I was trying to make an example regarding state-municipal-town law. You also might want to check if boa/python is classified as exotic pets.

Oh, ok yes i understand. I will check if boa/python are classified
as exotic pets in Okla.
I just found out that this guy bought them at a pet store in
Okla City! so i guess it was legal..heh. I just hope he is careful
with them since he has a child in the house...eeeks.

You CAN love an animal and treat them with respect and understanding their natures. Including understanding the need of a dog to know where they are in the hiracy. So It's very important to be really consistant with Jilli. But I don't think I can love Jilli too much.

I know with some owners they go on and on about how they love their pets. But some of these pets are really spoilt. Not because of the love, but more often lack of consistancy and disopline. Also some people don't seem to understand their pets natures but it's got nothing to do with loving or not loving. You should try to understand the animal natures but that and loving is too diferant things intirely. It's quite possible to do both.

Like I said - whatever the situation is... respect the nature. If you don't, sucks to be you. I don't delve into details because my simple comment still applies whatever the situation is. So does Cesar Millan's comment - "Exercise, Discipline, and Affection" in exact order.

You can love and spoil your pet ALL you want.... as long as you respect the nature. that's all. :cool2:

Try loving a python and see how that works.

<shudder, eye twitch> :Ohno:

Exactly. It does not know you, it does not care about you, it will kill you if you give it half a chance. That is what it's nature tells it to do.

Hey--I love pythons.

As long as they are in enclosed room with a window for us to look at! :lol:

Me try to touch a freakin snake?..:eek3::shock:

i would not touch a damn freakin snake
with a ten foot pole!!!!

Hey--I love pythons.

As long as they are in enclosed room with a window for us to look at! :lol:

Exactly. They are not pets. They don't fetch, they don't come when you call them, they don't sleep at the foot of your bed or protect you from strangers. They can't sit on your shoulder. They live to eat and to breed.

Exactly. They are not pets. They don't fetch, they don't come when you call them, they don't sleep at the foot of your bed or protect you from strangers. They can't sit on your shoulder. They live to eat and to breed.

Right! but this guy who has pythons and he let his little son
hold them!! i nearly went ballastic when i heard that cuz i think
that is very very dangerous!! I cant believe that this stupid
father would even endanger his son in this situation like that!

Right! but this guy who has pythons and he let his little son
hold them!! i nearly went ballastic when i heard that cuz i think
that is very very dangerous!! I cant believe that this stupid
father would even endanger his son in this situation like that!

I agree with you there. He is taking a huge chance on his son getting killed by a stupid snake.

I agree with you there. He is taking a huge chance on his son getting killed by a stupid snake.

Nothing i can do about it, right? this guy is my best friend's
former son in law and the kid is her grandson!!

Nothing i can do about it, right? this guy is my best friend's
former son in law and the kid is her grandson!!

Nope, nothing you can do about it. But if I was the grandma, I'd shoot the danged snake!:P

Nope, nothing you can do about it. But if I was the grandma, I'd shoot the danged snake!:P

Yeah, i guess not. Like i said, i would not get near that
nasty azzed snake!! neither will my best friend!! LOL!

I have to agree with Jiro and Jillio that having wild animals for pets is a bad idea. Wild animas actually make horrible pets. A lot of these 'exotic' animals require a special diet that you can't get from a bag and are more expensive to feed. Not only that, not every veterinarian is going to be knowledgable enough about your exotic pet to be able to treat it in a time of illness and/or injury.

I wish there was a federal ban on exotic pets. Once a federal ban is put into place then there would be a less need for primate sanctuaries because fewer primates would be given to private owners as pets. This would also cut down on the availability of primates used in labratory testing.

Primates and certain reptiles should never be allowed as pets.

But this is going to be hard to implement because all animals have the instinct and ability to kill, its just that some animals can inflict more damage to kill than others.

Such as a Labrador may have the instinct to attack and maim, but as far as killing ability, very little as the Lab is not bred as a killing breed.

But on the other hand, look at the bull dogs, for centuries they were bred to kill large animals for hunting purposes and the 'lock jaw' commonly seen in pit breeds is from careful breeding over centuries of puppies and dogs that shared this common trait, therefore most pit bulls and pit breeds exhibit this lock jaw trait and ability to hold down large animals until the master arrived to kill the animal or to hold the animal until it stops breathing.

I dont like breed specific legislation either as 99% of the time, its not the dog's fault for having been taught to be aggressive - IE - raising pits for dogfighting. Most pits are very loyal and are actually a playful breed - traits that are shared by the Labrador.

I knew some people who had snakes. Believe me the snakes were a lot SAFER then their owners.

I don't know if it's true of all snake owners but there is some people who go all into getting fierce dogs like Pit bulls, and staffies and that. It's kind of really matcho. The 3 people I knew: one was an ex heroin adict on methodone, and it had a whole room full of reptiles.
One used to abuse her kids. But she still managed to keep them except when her eldest got big enough he beat the crap out of her. Anyway she had a boa and a staffie as well. The third one was this guy who liked to played the part of the local vigilantee. I found him scary. He had snakes once. He also had a couple of dogs which he let loose to roam round the neibourhood. He just turned them out. He and his girlfriend used to take cocaine.

I knew some people who had snakes. Believe me the snakes were a lot SAFER then their owners.

I don't know if it's true of all snake owners but there is some people who go all into getting fierce dogs like Pit bulls, and staffies and that. It's kind of really matcho. The 3 people I knew: one was an ex heroin adict on methodone, and it had a whole room full of reptiles.
One used to abuse her kids. But she still managed to keep them except when her eldest got big enough he beat the crap out of her. Anyway she had a boa and a staffie as well. The third one was this guy who liked to played the part of the local vigilantee. I found him scary. He had snakes once. He also had a couple of dogs which he let loose to roam round the neibourhood. He just turned them out. He and his girlfriend used to take cocaine.

Are you trying to make some kind of connection here?

Dreama, you can't say all snake owners will expect the same results as your friend/acquaintance!!

The same goes for all non-owners expecting every snake will kill their owners.

The only way to agree on this is to accept the fact that any animal CAN potentially act on natural instincts despite however they are treated and raised. Good or bad. It's more like a "caution & warning" sign.

Back