Travis the monkey killed for going on a rampage while mental

Do you love animal abusers and child abusers then?

Only because I'm being attacked. Don't understand why. I was just sharing my views of certain types of owners and I was accused of hating people. How about answering my question:

Do you love child abusers, spouse abusers or animal abusers?

I'd be rather curious to know this cause I'm being accused of being consumed by hate just because i don't.

Only because I'm being attacked. Don't understand why. I was just sharing my views of certain types of owners and I was accused of hating people. How about answering my question:

I'd be rather curious to know this cause I'm being accused of being consumed by hate just because i don't.

because you said "I hate humans who mistreat their animals, mistreat their partners, and mistreat their children. Yes I do hate these kinds of humans."

To answer your question - no I don't love them but I don't hate them with extreme prejudice because I don't let the hate consumes me. I put the energy from hate to positive thing - that's love. With love - you can help many people.

Girlfriend, don't get your knickers tied in a knot and get back to the topic please. :) :giggle:

better question is - do you rather let the hate consumes you? :hmm:

What makes you think the hate is consuming me. I can not like a certain type of person WITHOUT being consumed by hate.

I was just sharing my opinion. That's all. Because people say how dangerous certain animals are and how they attack people etc... so I was sharing my personal experiences of some of the people who were keeping these animals. I've rescued animals and also lived with druggies so I know more about abuse then I would ever WANT to know.

Doesn't make me consumed by hatred. I just think some people like to attack me for the hell of it. Just because I speak as I find.

What makes you think the hate is consuming me. I can not like a certain type of person WITHOUT being consumed by hate.

I was just sharing my opinion. That's all. Because people say how dangerous certain animals are and how they attack people etc... so I was sharing my personal experiences of some of the people who were keeping these animals. I've rescued animals and also lived with druggies so I know more about abuse then I would ever WANT to know.

Doesn't make me consumed by hatred. I just think some people like to attack me for the hell of it. Just because I speak as I find.

No one was attacking you. You were actually being offered some very caring advise. To have so much hate in your life can be very destructive to both your physical and mental health.

You, on the other hand, have attacked and judged several tonight, beginning with your commentary on "druggie pet owners." Perhaps if you don't want to feel judged, you should refrain from doing so much judging.

yes - you and I have different view on helping animals. You help them with boundless love. I help them with a firm respect to nature. in this case - Travis was severely neglected by being denied of a chance to live as a chimp. He was "forced" to live like a human.... which was very cruel. :(

I think we should show compassion to the victims not the perpertraters.

Sorry if this seems off topic but in a lot of cases I've dealt with when I was rescuing animals, they were the victims far far more often then they were perpertrators.

yes - you and I have different view on helping animals. You help them with boundless love. I help them with a firm respect to nature. in this case - Travis was severely neglected by being denied of a chance to live as a chimp. He was "forced" to live like a human.... which was very cruel. :(

Sounds like the case of Travis. No one likes to be forced to do what they want you to do. They have their own choices.

In this case, the victim was a human who was savagely attacked by an animal that should never have been kept as a pet. As she lay in the hospital fighting for her life, I doubt seriously that her thoughts were about the poor poor chimp.

Mods - I accept for this topic to remain open because my original intent is to speak about exotic animals being owned in a household in general. (had it in OP until I forgot to readd it when I remove it from an edit)

As long as it remains on animals, exotic animals & humans and how they are treated as well as the aftermath of owning them -- I'd like to hear in all opinions from all sides, so it can be left alone until it gets personal, then feel free to address the case!

Mods - I accept for this topic to remain open because my original intent is to speak about exotic animals being owned in a household in general. (had it in OP until I forgot to readd it when I remove it from an edit)

As long as it remains on animals, exotic animals & humans and how they are treated as well as the aftermath of owning them -- I'd like to hear in all opinions from all sides, so it can be left alone until it gets personal!

Noted and that is not a problem as long as you're cool with it since it's your thread. :thumb:

St. James Davis accident

Has anyone even looked at the pictures of St. James Davis?

I'm not going to have the images displayed in the thread for the sake of respect, but have a look and see (and thanks to botti for the original heads up)

Warning: Not for the weak of heart:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00Tle0r3AmgTJ/610x.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/271741763_60337e5271.jpg?v=0

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/07/04/2008034157.jpg

How he used to look
davis_stjames_driver.jpg

And just throwing this in:
monkeyboy.jpg

Other countries seem perfectly okay with wild monkeys (and possibly apes) roaming around their cities.

Only travis can say what went on with travis. you just said you shouldn't love animals and treat them like family. I was disagreeing with that because you seemed to confuse spoiling animals and loving animals.

I would have had to visit Travis and his previous owner to know how he was treated.

As I said before, you can RESPECT animals AND LOVE them. The two is not compatable.

Treating an animal right is just like treating a child right.

Why does it bother you so much when I point out about some animal owners anyway? Whey all that stuff about me being consumed by hate when that's not true.

I speak as I find. I'm sorry if you don't like it. That's just the way I am. I don't pretend to like abusers. Sorry if it offends you.

Has anyone even looked at the pictures of St. James Davis?

I'm not going to have the images displayed in the thread for the sake of respect, but have a look and see (and thanks to botti for the original heads up)

Warning: Not for the weak of heart:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00Tle0r3AmgTJ/610x.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/271741763_60337e5271.jpg?v=0

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/07/04/2008034157.jpg

How he used to look
davis_stjames_driver.jpg

And just throwing this in:
monkeyboy.jpg

Other countries seem perfectly okay with wild monkeys (and possibly apes) roaming around their cities.

What are the pictures of exactly? I can't see pictures.

If he was being made to act in ways that were unnatural, that's not what I'm talking about but you CAN love an animal and treat them with respect. IT CAN BE DONE. It's just some animal abusers act like they love their animals when they don't really.

Nobody should be made to act against their nature though. If that was happening it doesn't sound as if Travis was being loved really.

What are the pictures of exactly? I can't see pictures.

It's modern pictures of the then Nascar Racecar driver, St. James Davis.
He lives in California, not too far from me actually, around a 30 minute drive.

He used to own a pet chimp and won a settlement case against a small claims or local county court thing, against his previous ape "being a threat" to the city. He then gave the chimp away to a refugee/sanctuary area for monkeys. In 2005, one day he was visiting the sanctuary for the chimp's birthday, 2 "normal" chimps broke loose of their cage and "zerged" (to attack) Mr. Davis and his wife. Mr. Davis lost a nose, some fingers, a lot of flesh from his buttocks, and his testicles, and a lot of blood. His wife lost a finger or more.

These chimps were the same as Travis I believe, except that they didn't have any known mental illness.

In the original article, it'll state that despite his Lyme disease, Travis was treated like a normal human being - he was potty trained, eating trained, ate dinner like a normal person, played with human activities. I believe somewhere they stated they "treated him with respect like a person."

For the Davis incident, you can search it up by searching news articles on St. James Davis.

Back