Travis the monkey killed for going on a rampage while mental

More links to this story.

One of the doctors said that the disease that Travis had, which is called Lyme disease is related to rage and depression, which do also happens on humans... so it could be why he "snapped" all of a sudden.

Residents Shocked By Brutal Chimp Attack - Connecticut News Story - WFSB Hartford

'Shoot him!' Chimp owner heard on 911 call - Life- msnbc.com

travis0216.jpg

Travis is alot bigger than I thought. :shock: close to the size of a silverback goriall. No wonder he was so difficult to handle when he attacked these women.

Yep Cheeta appears to be the longest living chimpanzee so far. He has hit the guiness world of records for being the longest living "non-human primate" in history.

Most apes as chimpanzees live around 30 years in the wild, while in zoos and other wildlife centers, would live longer to around 60 years but Cheeta actually beat that and he even have grandchildren so that's pretty much something.

So far I havent really heard anything about Cheeta ever "snapped" and attacked someone. Not all chimps do that thou but yeah alot of them do.

What's interesting is that Cheeta lost some hair on his head as he was aging lol the same way as some men do.

Primates are one of the longest living mammals than most other mammals since we develope slower with our bodies and such and age slower as its part of why we live longer that way.

I dont know what other mammals live as long as humans do but I do know that some elephants can live to as long as 80 years.

Yep Cheeta appears to be the longest living chimpanzee so far. He has hit the guiness world of records for being the longest living "non-human primate" in history.

Most apes as chimpanzees live around 30 years in the wild, while in zoos and other wildlife centers, would live longer to around 60 years but Cheeta actually beat that and he even have grandchildren so that's pretty much something.

So far I havent really heard anything about Cheeta ever "snapped" and attacked someone. Not all chimps do that thou but yeah alot of them do.

What's interesting is that Cheeta lost some hair on his head as he was aging lol the same way as some men do.

Yeah but Chimp attacks against humans are rare.

Interesting link

Attacks by Chimps Rare, Say Experts - Los Angeles Times

One of the doctors said that the disease that Travis had, which is called Lyme disease is related to rage and depression, which do also happens on humans... so it could be why he "snapped" all of a sudden.

Residents Shocked By Brutal Chimp Attack - Connecticut News Story - WFSB Hartford

travis0216.jpg

Travis is alot bigger than I thought. :shock: close to the size of a silverback goriall. No wonder he was so difficult to handle when he attacked these women.

Yes, he weighed 200 pounds. And much more powerful than a 200 pound human.

the lesson is any animal that can kill you should not be a pet. remeber siegfried and roy

Sorry to be off topic but its important to me!!!!
so help me here.....is it against law in come states/
cities to own boa and python snakes in their homes
as pets? there are some children in the home!! :cold:

Sorry to be off topic but its important to me!!!!
so help me here.....is it against law in come states/
cities to own boa and python snakes in their homes
as pets? there are some children in the home!! :cold:

Some cities have laws that prohibit it. I think all states require a person to have an "exotic pet" license if they own an animal or reptile like that.

There was a case a while back of parents who owned a python that attacked their toddler. They were charged with child endangerment. Sorry, can't provide a link as this is something I just remember reading in a newspaper a while back.

travis0216.jpg

Silverback gorilla is much bigger and stronger than chimp. Gorilla can easily rip chimp apart :eek3:

Some cities have laws that prohibit it. I think all states require a person to have an "exotic pet" license if they own an animal or reptile like that.

There was a case a while back of parents who owned a python that attacked their toddler. They were charged with child endangerment. Sorry, can't provide a link as this is something I just remember reading in a newspaper a while back.

Oh i see, ok so how do i go about finding out? Do i call animal
control or what concerning the laws of our state or what?

I'm totally baffled after read the articles... Chimp attack could be rare to compare with Pit Bull attack.
The reason why chimp attack is rare compared to pit bull attack is because pitbulls are "common dogs" and there are few chimps as pet.

It's a sad story and feel bad for poor woman and poor chimp. Travis suffered mental sick due lyme diease...

Look pictures of me with 2 chimps.

http://www.alldeaf.com/attachments/...member-photo-thread-comments-ok-monkeysad.jpg

http://www.alldeaf.com/attachments/...ember-photo-thread-comments-ok-monkeys1ad.jpg
it's because you're holding baby/youth chimp. Many people/organization surrender adult chimps to chimp sanctuary because adult chimps are more hostile and dangerous. Look around tv shows with chimp - ever seen adult chimp like Travis? Adult chimp is very dangerous to deal with. That's why they're surrendered to chimp sanctuary to live out to their natural term peacefully. It includes lab chimps too :(

Oh i see, ok so how do i go about finding out? Do i call animal
control or what concerning the laws of our state or what?

You could do that. Or you could try googling "laws for exotic pets" in your state.

You mean Cheeta...

Monkeys In The News: Tarzan chimp celebrates 75th birthday

C.H.E.E.T.A. Primate Sanctuary

Read including pictures "Nuts to Healthy Living"
Tarzan's chimp is still alive and kicking, but he's had to give up booze and cigars

Blow Me Away

Cheeta will be 77 years old this April. He have to stop to smoke the cigars and drink alochol due his health but he doing good with artwork...

No not cheetah. Sheena is the female Amazon woman. I was replying to poster's comment that humans are already adapted to forest. In fact - humans are already adapted to ANY environments on Earth. That's what makes us more resistance & adaptive than any other species.

Primates are one of the longest living mammals than most other mammals since we develope slower with our bodies and such and age slower as its part of why we live longer that way.

I dont know what other mammals live as long as humans do but I do know that some elephants can live to as long as 80 years.

:hmm: sea turtle can live up to 200 years. does that count? (even though it's not a mammal)

Back