THAT makes a sound!??!?

I never really think that much about sounds, and certainly have read enough books and captioned descriptions that I am pretty sure I know what makes sound.

The only thing that ever baffled me, was when someone with a new hearing aid talked about being able to hear the crickets chirping. I thought why?? They are creepy enough to look at, why would you want to hear them? :P

Did you know that the sun makes the sound? You can't hear it. It's radioactive waves from the sun. I'm sure the sun itself makes lot of noise as well.

Did you know that the sun makes the sound? You can't hear it. It's radioactive waves from the sun. I'm sure the sun itself makes lot of noise as well.

Ok, you win! That's something I had no idea made sounds. :lol:

There are tons of sounds unimaginable out there, for sure!

I hated the sound of screeching on the chalkboard and the screaming children. I miss wearing hearing aids because I like to hear different sounds out there. I hope to get them back someday.

He just try to be funny. I think?

They do not make sound. :hmm:

My SO is a professional sound engineer and he say they do not make sound.

I am a professional Deafie and I know the sound of one hand clapping. :giggle:

I never really think that much about sounds, and certainly have read enough books and captioned descriptions that I am pretty sure I know what makes sound.

The only thing that ever baffled me, was when someone with a new hearing aid talked about being able to hear the crickets chirping. I thought why?? They are creepy enough to look at, why would you want to hear them? :P

Maybe to know the temperature? I forget how, but one can determine the present temperature by counting the number of chirps a minute. :D

Crazy! I can feel kitties purring but did not know it make sound. I'll have to dust off my HAs and try it out.

I have ringing in my ears sometime and I ask kids if they can hear it. They cannot. :giggle:

One of my sister's cats had such a loud purr that I could hear her ten feet away with my HA. My cat had such a soft purr that the only way I could hear her purring was if I put my ear close to her neck.

there's no sound in space :giggle:

it's just sound effects made by Hollywood *woosh swish wooooosh!*

I have never experienced this. I guess the physics would be different were I actually eating. Now when I eat I'mg gonna get all self conscious.......:shock:

I wouldn't worry about that. I make noise while eating even with my mouth closed too.

People who complain about you making noise while chewing need to lighten up and stfu :)

I did not know that rain make pitter patter or that birds chirp chirp. Could not believe it when I first hear it with HAs. I was ---> WOW!!

I hate hearing that. I should make my HA programmed to disregard that. I should make it disregard yapping people too :lol:

Crazy! I can feel kitties purring but did not know it make sound. I'll have to dust off my HAs and try it out.

I have ringing in my ears sometime and I ask kids if they can hear it. They cannot. :giggle:

I can barely hear any cats purring but the room has to be very quiet and my volume high. It's too faint for me to hear.

Another interesting thing about sound, it is often written, "as quiet as a mouse", but we had one in the house and my dog was pointing and running over by the wall.

I thought she was crazy, but then we saw the mouse and knew at least a dog can hear a mouse.

Another interesting thing about sound, it is often written, "as quiet as a mouse", but we had one in the house and my dog was pointing and running over by the wall.

I thought she was crazy, but then we saw the mouse and knew at least a dog can hear a mouse.

Giggles.gif

:hmm: Didn't know that either...

I just googled. Just count the number of chirps in 15 seconds and add 40, and you get the approximate temperature. Now, to find a hearing person to stand and listen to a cricket is another story...:giggle:

I would never have thought that a mouse would make noise skritching across carpet. They're so little. Yet I remember the day that both my cats disappeared. They took up residence in front of my couch downstairs (these are cats that NEVER used to spend any time downstairs) because a mouse was living under there. I took care of that situation!

I just googled. Just count the number of chirps in 15 seconds and add 40, and you get the approximate temperature. Now, to find a hearing person to stand and listen to a cricket is another story...:giggle:

:lol:

Back