THAT makes a sound!??!?

The concepts of sounds are so mind boggling to me.

I did not know paper bags made a sound until I got my first HA ! I was telling my daughter once at Finlay always knew when I was putting my coat on and my daugther said Finlay can hear you putting on coat on. My daughter said everything you do make a sound! I never thought of that!
Pretty much. When two materials come in contact with each other, or an object moves, there is usually some sound generated. Some of the sounds are louder than others and easy to notice. Some are barely noticeable.

Pretty much. When two materials come in contact with each other, or an object moves, there is usually some sound generated. Some of the sounds are louder than others and easy to notice. Some are barely noticeable.

Reba is the Teacher of sound! lol

I was just thinking about how often as a kid I felt sonic booms. It occurs to me I haven't felt one for years. Hmmm.

You can tell if an elephant is hiding in your fridge by the way it giggles.

I didn't know the air conditioner in the house made a sound until I had my first HA. I was in my room then I heard this vibrating sound and I was like "HUH?". I asked my mom about it and she said it was the A/C. I can't hear it anymore though so it doesn't bother me.

I also didn't know cats purring made a sound until someone made a comment that my cat was purring loudly. At first I was like "The cat is sleeping, it's not making any noise." They said that the cat was purring, they could hear it. Before that, I thought it was just a vibration thing that cats did when they were being petted. (and now I've got vibrating pussies stuck in my head! :rofl:)

apparently, I breathe pretty loud.

My mom calls it grunting. :lol:

Then you have those loud grunts because something popped so my mom comes in says "Are you constipated?"

"No."

"Are you sure? You don't think you might need a ural?"

"No!"

Next thing I know she's coming in the room with two fingers wrapped in glad wrap saying "This won't hurt, I had to do it on your great grandmother Bessie, it didn't hurt her!"

That's when I would run out of the room. Good grief for family that hears a little too well! :shock:

Some sounds are actually louder with an HA. A light switch is one example.

When I was hearing I could open combination locks without looking. Just listen for the clicks. The correc number makes a different sound

So you just turned it one way three times and listened for the right sound, then turned it the opposite direction twice and listened to the sound, then carefully turned it back the first direction slowly until it made the noise?

Now, could you use this same technique for large safes with combination locks?

So you just turned it one way three times and listened for the right sound, then turned it the opposite direction twice and listened to the sound, then carefully turned it back the first direction slowly until it made the noise?

yep that is how you do it. I never tried a safe and I am pretty sure safes have better tech these days.....but old safe crackers could do it by sound

Can someone explain why scratching a blackboard drives hearing people nuts?

The noise sets the teeth on edge. It goes up the spinal cord and it translates very quickly to an uncomfortable feeling. At the same time, it's like someone is hammering a chisel into your ears. Highly unpleasant.

It makes me physically retreat into myself.

The noise sets the teeth on edge. It goes up the spinal cord and it translates very quickly to an uncomfortable feeling. At the same time, it's like someone is hammering a chisel into your ears. Highly unpleasant.

It makes me physically retreat into myself.

It gives me uncomfortable chills on my spine, as well. It's similar to ungreased brakes on an old car........

Is it possible to make smacking sounds when eating with mouth closed?? Someone complained that I was making smacking noises but I know I had my mouth closed.

Is it possible to make smacking sounds when eating with mouth closed?? Someone complained that I was making smacking noises but I know I had my mouth closed.

yes

I do it by feel

I don't think so. You can make noise, but smacking is usually when it's open......Maybe they're just one of those people that really hate the sound of someone eating...

Back