THAT makes a sound!??!?

I couldn't figure out what the whistling sound that I heard when I got my CI and then i realized i could hear myself breathing after a while.

Well today I find out being congested makes a sound! I did not know. I am almost never sick, but I am very sick right now....man comes in my office and says "You sound like you're congested".

Being congested makes a sound???? :shock:

What are some things you didn't know made sounds?

I did not know that rain make pitter patter or that birds chirp chirp. Could not believe it when I first hear it with HAs. I was ---> WOW!!

I remember when my parents told me to try to breath quieter because I breath pretty loud in the stores. :lol:

Did you know that diesel engines idle pretty loud. When I wore hearing aids, I could hear it idling next to my car. It sounded like chug chug chug chug chug chug chug chug chug....lo

The wind. I didn't hear it until I was 17, and had canalplasty. (reconstruction of the ear canal)
Shoshana, I used to be able to do a dead on imitataitoon of the emegency broadcast system with the feedback from my hearing aids.

Yes! Wind make a 'whoosh' 'whirling' noise. I imagine in my head that this might be what a ghost sound like.:giggle:

I didn't know the air conditioner in the house made a sound until I had my first HA. I was in my room then I heard this vibrating sound and I was like "HUH?". I asked my mom about it and she said it was the A/C. I can't hear it anymore though so it doesn't bother me.

I also didn't know cats purring made a sound until someone made a comment that my cat was purring loudly. At first I was like "The cat is sleeping, it's not making any noise." They said that the cat was purring, they could hear it. Before that, I thought it was just a vibration thing that cats did when they were being petted. (and now I've got vibrating pussies stuck in my head! :rofl:)

Crazy! I can feel kitties purring but did not know it make sound. I'll have to dust off my HAs and try it out.

I have ringing in my ears sometime and I ask kids if they can hear it. They cannot. :giggle:

There were too many complaints from the American public about sonic booms. Flying at the speed that produces them is now limited.

FAR Part 91 Sec. 91.817 effective as of 09/30/1963

:ty: I've always wondered. It was in the early sixties while I was living as a child near Tinker Air Force Base (near Oklahoma City) that I recall the sonic booms. Boy, they would rattle windows but we became used to them. :giggle:

Yes, he's kidding. It's only in Disney movies where butterflies and hearts and flowers move around with full orchestra accompaniment. ;-)

Back