Social worker is after me…

wow, I'm total appalled because HA or CI has nothing do with abuse but child's choice. You are mother, not social worker...

I can see that you receive positive feedback from ADers here and wish you best of good luck... I strongly beleive that you has right against Social Worker.

Oh my gosh, social worker push you to having your children wear hearing aid or cochlear implant. Unbelievable !! That case will be close at the court, I am positive, you will win the case with an good attorney. :)

I got a letter from DSS when my two sons were little because they can't speak well at two years old. Babysitter filed 52A as neglect because parents are Deaf, not able to speak well. The judge closed the case and make social worker take ASL class. I won the case !

Oh boy, most of social workers are idiot and know nothing about Deaf culture and language.

Stay strong and fight for your right !

Oh my dear but I'm glad that you won the case against social worker...

wow, I'm total appalled because HA or CI has nothing do with abuse but child's choice. You are mother, not social worker...

I can see that you receive positive feedback from ADers here and wish you best of good luck... I strongly beleive that you has right against Social Worker.

P.s. cattlefarmer is a male.

I hope this is not a sign for things to come...that people like this social worker would try to make it a law for all deaf children to get a CI. This is frightening that this can happen and put families at risk for being separated only because these people have sick audist views of deafness.

I am glad u are getting everything worked out.

This is why people need to fight for their rights. That whole thing sounds like a sci-fi movie about Big Brother controlling every move people make. I have visions of all deaf people forced to get CIs.

No wonder people homeschool their kids. :roll:

shortmuffin - this is exactly why we have problems in this world, Hearing becomes frustrated in understanding our way of life and view it as a bad choice so they might think it's a way of revenge by calling social workers. It's gotta be VERY embarrassing just to have them show up at the door for both shortmuffin and cattlefarmer. It doesnt matter if you win or not, the emabarrassment is irrepairable feeling to fix.

cattlefarmer - what you said "I don’t see why it would matter to someone as long as my kids were health, made good grades, had a good stable home, loving parents, and were able to commutate in a vocal world. I don’t want to say that my kids get everything they want but they do get every thing they need plus most of what they want." this is the key here. As long you beleive in this and kids say the same, everything will be fine.

Frisky Feline - yup its a he. you not the first to make a miskate on a fellow AD'er . I know I have. :giggle:

If this keeps up, it will become mandatory for kids to have cochlear implants. And if they don't, then it's considered neglect and we lose our kids! :eek:

If this keeps up, it will become mandatory for kids to have cochlear implants. And if they don't, then it's considered neglect and we lose our kids! :eek:

I pray that day won't ever happen.

It'd be scary if this were to become a reality. :eek:

That would be a nightmare!

Yes, it could become a "slippery slope." :(

I don't think it would be mandatory for CIs. But I think it is a possibility that HAs may.

What if it was about a person not wanting to wear glasses? Do social workers interfere with that?

Their is a fine line in doing a welfare check and demanding parents to implant a child by a certain date. :roll:

The surgery is invasive they can not force someone to get it. I highly doubt it will happen. That is why we have the ADA laws. They have to accommodate deaf.

I doubt the deaf community would EVER allow this to happen. We have rights to.

This whole situation is disgusting. I am just sitting here with my jaw open. But I can relate. My sister has downsyndrome. One day social services comes to our house to look into our situation. Someone called and told them that we have a disabled child in our house who does not get food and is not taken care of. They said we had 24 hours, then someone was going to come to our house for an inspection. My mom says " good, come over. " My brother and I had to stay home from school so we could talk to this lady. She walked in out door.. said there clearly was no problem, and left. I didnt even see her!!

My mom thinks it was this lady who owed my mom money. Just stirring up trouble.

People are nuts lately and jump at an opportunity to sabotage someone else. I seriously hope this all pans out and gets addressed the way it should.

I dressed the twins in identical outfits before we left for school. I told the twins and my youngest that you are deaf and you need to be deaf. You can only respond if it was signed to you and you must sign back. I took them into the principles office and told him that my kids will not wear a hearing aid today because they had to wear both of them yesterday. There for they are not able to stay at school. He asked about the “normal” twin and told him I didn’t know who was who with out looking at there birth marks and that would land me in jail (there birth marks are on there butt cheek).

I explained to him what had happened on Friday and he called the head of the school board and we all headed out to talk to him. After a long talk the kids and I decided that the next time something happens like this that they would need interpreters and stay in regular classes. When he asked about the other twin I told him she can fail a hearing test and be deaf like the other two if need be.

There was a lot more talked about that I will not get into right now. I did get the head of school board to give my kids a note for school while I was there. The district policy for getting social services involved must go to the acting principle and he or she must make the call; either way a report must be made to the district office with in 48 hours. There is going to be a full investigation by the school board.

I have placed a call into the town and city news papers to see if they want to get involved. It looks like the city wants to do interviews but they are need legal to approve there evolvement in this. Yes they two must play politics about everything.

Yes I am a father but thank you for letting me know I was being a mother ;-). Thank you Frisky for helping them with that. I did not think about my name when I made it. It was the first thing I could think of that would work, was not taken, and would not have people asking what that means.

Both of my kids qualify for CI on one side but they do fine with there HA’s and there hearing level is stable so at this point I don’t see a need. They know I will support them getting CI if that’s what THEY want. If things change with there hearing levels then yes I will push it a lot more then I do know. I’m the one that needs the CI more than they do but don’t want to go through the start up stuff right now.

Radioman my kids say they all need; they want there own Wii fit’s in there rooms with high defection TV’s and dish network. Don’t for get they all want laptops. We have 2 Wii’s fits and 15 games. One’s in the den and the other is in the shop office down on the farm. There are 4 computers that they can use at the shop and in the den. I will not spoil them and give them everything they want. I forgot my oldest (15) wants a 09 Doge diesel dooly, manual, 5 disk CD changer, extended cab, 4x4, candy apple red, leather, I’m sure I left a bit off this list, with a flat bed farm deck instead of the bed (must have the boxes under the bed).

Babyblue if it was a true welfare check then she would have said something about my 9 year old on a golf cart heading down one of my gravel roads.

Wow. I read through all this and this is crazy. But I have no doubt things will get resolved for you, cattlefarmer, in a positive fashion. Somebody (in social services or at the school) messed up somewhere!

Regarding the 6-year old kid who doesn't have HAs because the family can't afford it (at least if I understood that right) aren't there services that can help with this? I don't know what services cover a 6 year old. If anybody here knows, perhaps some information can be given to the family of that 6-year old.

I called her supervisor and have set up a time to talk about what happened. I did tell him I will need an interrupter because my wife and I would rather sign then be vocal. I did give him a few numbers to local interrupters that are deaf (this would send them over the edge) because he did not know anyone to call.

She wants my kids to get CI’s. They are both fine with HA’s but have offered both of them CI’s but don’t want the surgeries. I have printed up some info to take with me if needed. My lawyer (for my farm business) is going to call me back with someone in the city close by that deals with handicapped discrimination cases.

Were not going to give up and I don’t take what she told us as threats more like jokes. I’m thinking about pulling all my kids out of school and take them with me to this meeting.

This person is a supervisor and doesn't even know where to locate a terp? Unbelievable!!! Tell them for me they are in dire need of multiculutral training and are violating the ethical principle of autonomy, not to mention a couple others. The ethics board would be very interested in this kind of action.

Child Protective Services use "scare" tactics. They believe their presence will scare the parents into doing with the CPS wants. They WON'T take your kid; they have to have a judge sign a written order saying they can take them away. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. So, if you would have just ignored the CPS lady, she would have been pissed, which serves her right.

Child Protective Services use "scare" tactics. They believe their presence will scare the parents into doing with the CPS wants. They WON'T take your kid; they have to have a judge sign a written order saying they can take them away. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. So, if you would have just ignored the CPS lady, she would have been pissed, which serves her right.

I think it's just one rogue social worker doing a personal favor for teacher... not the whole CPS.

They can not do anything to us. Well my kid did drop the last jar of homemade strawberry jam today. I almost gave them a reason to step in ;-) .

The lawyer is dealing with social services. By Monday I should have a report from the school board. I did get a call off the news paper and looks like it will be covered on the front page on Saturday if they can get all there interviews done on time. I’m thinking the school board will hush them out or will not cover all the facts.

Wednesday morning the ball will get rolling a lot better. Were pressing charges on the social worker for criminal trespassing and some other charge? I have an interview with the layer and the newspaper. There planning on take pics after school at our house.

Jiro read this right.
It is all going to coming down to a teacher and a social worker that did not follow there procurers for harassment of the public.

Back