Social worker is after me…

So I did a little math and there are about 245,280 children born in Canada every year. 1 out of every 1000 will be deaf. That is about 245 kids. That would mean under the age of 18 there are about 4415 cochlear implant candidates. Sick Kids celebrated their 500th implant in 2005....add 150 more for the last three years....that means they have implanted 650 of the 4415. That is about 15%, not 98%

But that is just one hospital, but it is by and far the largest in Canada for CI's.

Keep in mind that I'm talking about Ontario, not the whole country of Canada. Besides, it's difficult to find the statistics on how many profoundly deaf children are born annually in Ontario.

Keep in mind that I'm talking about Ontario, not the whole country of Canada. Besides, it's difficult to find the statistics on how many profoundly deaf children are born annually in Ontario.

To the best that I have read, 1 in 1000 live births are profoundly deaf.

Approximately 3/1000 infants are born with a significant hearing loss every year. This represents close to a 100 newborns every year in Quebec or four full classrooms of hearing-impaired children. The majority of hearing impaired children are healthy, and born to hearing parents. The average age of diagnosis for profound (severe) deafness in Quebec is between 18-30 months. Children with mild or moderate hearing loss are usually identified much later.

This includes children born with any signinificant loss. The number of profoundly deaf from birth will be considerably less. These are also numbers for Quebec only.

Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Fact Sheet

do you know research find Ontario?

Do you have doctor name?

DO you know where is search find website? I ask you question I curious anaylze to people I think so great to inerest to about to you I need information to you i need to explain to you thank

Be question to explain to me
:hmm:

He said...

Do you have a doctor? What is his/her name?

Do you know where is the stat website page to find? I ask you as I curious, to anaylze people, that I think it's great to interest about your information and you. I need an information and explanation. Thanks~

Back