Social worker is after me…

Because she is in a Bi-Bi environment. The children in question are in a mainsteam environment. Communication needs are different, as well as IEP requirements. It is a standard procedure to state that a child will use amplification in a mainstreamed setting, as it is very often their only means to access the curriculum.

I see. Thank you.

My son's IEP only states that he wears HA. Not that he has too. Which is a good thing since the dog ate the one ear mold he hasn't worn them..Waiting for the ICE to melt to pick up his ear mold that has came in.

Cattlefarmer..Keep up the good job for standing up for your kids

My son's IEP only states that he wears HA. Not that he has too. Which is a good thing since the dog ate the one ear mold he hasn't worn them..Waiting for the ICE to melt to pick up his ear mold that has came in.

Cattlefarmer..Keep up the good job for standing up for your kids

If the IEP states that he wears an HA, then it means that it is written into the document that he is to wear it during class times. Of course, any IEP will allow for situations such as the one you describe, just as it will allow for a child not wearing an HA during an ear infection.

Oh..Well for the most part the teacher makes him wear them except if I tell her one day not to..for example if he's sick or has an ear infection..not just cause he doesn't want to. We have a thing between us that he has to sit in a chair and do nothing if he doesn't want them in. But that's mainly because he is 4 and needs them to learn how to verbally say words

Oh..Well for the most part the teacher makes him wear them except if I tell her one day not to..for example if he's sick or has an ear infection..not just cause he doesn't want to. We have a thing between us that he has to sit in a chair and do nothing if he doesn't want them in. But that's mainly because he is 4 and needs them to learn how to verbally say words

That would make sense.

Ok if I am at wrong then why can’t the school board and CPS answer me a few simple questions? I should have the right to have these questions answered in a timely manner.

-Why did CPS come to my house?
Because my kids do not wear both HA’s all the time and they must get CI’s in both ears.

-Why did a teacher that dose not teach my children talk to a CPS worker about my child?
Because she did not wear both HA’s when her IEP says one HA witch is followed according to there teachers.

-Why did the principle not know that CPS was contacted about one of my children?
No one knows but if it was an issue with her IEP then someone would know.

-Why did the CPS office have no record of a report being filed but they had a house visit report?
No one knows.

If you were in my shoes and no one would give you decent answers are you tell me you would go on with your life like nothing happened…

Very good questions cattoe farmer. I been following this thread with interest. keep up the good work and thinking.:P

Ok if I am at wrong then why can’t the school board and CPS answer me a few simple questions? I should have the right to have these questions answered in a timely manner.

-Why did CPS come to my house?
Because my kids do not wear both HA’s all the time and they must get CI’s in both ears.

-Why did a teacher that dose not teach my children talk to a CPS worker about my child?
Because she did not wear both HA’s when her IEP says one HA witch is followed according to there teachers.

-Why did the principle not know that CPS was contacted about one of my children?
No one knows but if it was an issue with her IEP then someone would know.

-Why did the CPS office have no record of a report being filed but they had a house visit report?
No one knows.

If you were in my shoes and no one would give you decent answers are you tell me you would go on with your life like nothing happened…

Again--everything happend on Jaunary 23rd--last Friday. Now everything is under investigation and double checking individual's stories.

Remember.....I can assume what's going on but it doesn't mean it's actually happening.

Why The CPS come to your house?

Maybe the teacher noticed that the IEP wasn't being carried out on your part as it says that your child must attend school with one HA and decided to share his/her concern with a CPS official. CPS then drops by your house to inquire about the HA's and in the process, makes an ididotic comment about your kids should have a CI. The reasoning for CPS to stop by is also to check out your home to make sure that it's adequate.

From readin all of your posts--I was under the impression that it was your child's teacher that called CPS, not another teacher......

Chances are that the principal may know something. Since everything is still under investigation--they don't talk or reveal anything until the investigation is complete. By talking about an on-going investigation--you can jeopardize it as well as taint it with personal views.

Again--just talking to a CPS official is a "report" enough as it is.....

Again--this is all hypothetical and nothing is definite yet.

Again--everything happend on Jaunary 23rd--last Friday. Now everything is under investigation and double checking individual's stories.

Remember.....I can assume what's going on but it doesn't mean it's actually happening.

Maybe the teacher noticed that the IEP wasn't being carried out on your part as it says that your child must attend school with one HA and decided to share his/her concern with a CPS official. CPS then drops by your house to inquire about the HA's and in the process, makes an ididotic comment about your kids should have a CI. The reasoning for CPS to stop by is also to check out your home to make sure that it's adequate.

From readin all of your posts--I was under the impression that it was your child's teacher that called CPS, not another teacher......

Chances are that the principal may know something. Since everything is still under investigation--they don't talk or reveal anything until the investigation is complete. By talking about an on-going investigation--you can jeopardize it as well as taint it with personal views.

Again--just talking to a CPS official is a "report" enough as it is.....

Again--this is all hypothetical and nothing is definite yet.

Agreed. And chances are, no one is talking because any complaint filed with CPS is confidential as to the person filing it. CPS doesn't just tell you, "Suzie Brown filed a complaint." They say, "We have received a complaint".

And, a teacher does not have to be a student's teacher of record in order to have concerns and voice those concerns to CPS. The school board has absolutely nothing to do with a teacher reporting a suspicious situation to CPS. CPS, themselves, are not under any legal obligation to release information regarding why there are there, except to say that information has come to them that has given them cause to check on the welfare of the children. If it goes to court, then the information will be used as evidence for their actions.

Time will only tell and we will see in the end what caused this. You would think if the inquiry started on Monday morning to something that happened on Friday that if there were simple expiations then I would know by now.

I thought I said a few times it was not her teacher. It was said in post number #96 but you are right I was not clear.

“The reasoning for CPS to stop by is also to check out your home to make sure that it's adequate.” She did a good job of inspecting our house as she never got near it. My wife was sitting out side our shop office with the twins, 9 year old was on a golf cart, my oldest was driving a tractor with a bail of hay, and I was standing at a gate when she pulled up next to me. To get to my house she would have had to pass me and drive half a mile.

When I called CPS to ask questions about the visit made to my house; I was told we were not in there system. Your right I would never know who made a complaint. If someone was sent to my house then I would have been in there system 38 hours after the visit was made. If not I would have been told it takes X amount of time before someone can answer your questions.

Well jillio if your right then we might as well close this discussion because nothing new will be said until I get back form court. My lawyer says my rights have been infringed on and I will get answers even if it comes down to court.

Wow, I just read all of the posts today and I am shock about the investigator or social worker coming to your house that the children need to have two hearing aids or get CI in both ears. Ugh, I do not like having Audist professionals forcing the children to wear HAs or CIs. I understand the situation and it is all about IEP that explain what it say to have one HA, not 2 HAs. The Audists should not force all Deaf families or Hearing families with deaf children to do what the Audists want to make them hearing like them. It happened to all of us many years ago probably over 100 years or more and it is still the same as ever just like in the old days. Nothing change. The Audists want to fix us so that we can hear like them. This is so unfair and discrimination to Deaf people. :mad2:

I would just like to say that it is extremly difficult to get a child bilateral CI's, even if you want them. VERY few children have them, so it seems very unlikely that anyone would be able to force your children to get them.

I would just like to say that it is extremly difficult to get a child bilateral CI's, even if you want them. VERY few children have them, so it seems very unlikely that anyone would be able to force your children to get them.

:shock: Why ??

In Canada, children can get bilateral CIs on the same day.

In Canada, children can get bilateral CIs on the same day.

It all depends on your doctor, your insurance, you child's hearing loss, etc. Most children do not get bilateral CI's and even fewer get them similtanously.

Back