Show off your own Built a Custom PC!

That's your dream of triple monitors with iRacing game in future?

Um. I already have triple monitors setup. This is my "iRacing" PC:

img0079lc.jpg

It's running on i5-2500K (not overclocked) with ASRock motherboard, 8GB memory and HD6870 2GB GPU. I also have USB 7" portable monitor.

I'm considering to upgrade to maybe Intel LGA 2011 system to make it little more powerful on iRacing. iRacing heavily depended on CPU than GPU, so I'm trying to get both CPU/GPU balanced to make iRacing lot more smoothly with high graphic setting.

Um. I already have triple monitors setup. This is my "iRacing" PC:

img0079lc.jpg

It's running on i5-2500K (not overclocked) with ASRock motherboard, 8GB memory and HD6870 2GB GPU. I also have USB 7" portable monitor.

I'm considering to upgrade to maybe Intel LGA 2011 system to make it little more powerful on iRacing. iRacing heavily depended on CPU than GPU, so I'm trying to get both CPU/GPU balanced to make iRacing lot more smoothly with high graphic setting.

True shift driver never leave shift to 3rd and walk away. :P Where is e-brake handle?!

True shift driver never leave shift to 3rd and walk away. :P Where is e-brake handle?!

One of my famous habit for leaving shift to 3rd or 4th after exiting iRacing. ;) And if I wanted to do drafting in DiRT 3, I use clutch as my e-brake handle. lol

One of my famous habit for leaving shift to 3rd or 4th after exiting iRacing. ;) And if I wanted to do drafting in DiRT 3, I use clutch as my e-brake handle. lol

Real life, car with 2rd-5th shift will roll down if e-brake was not enable. So 1st or R is safety.

Clutch pedal as e-brake handle is so wrong! :crazy:

Real life, car with 2rd-5th shift will roll down if e-brake was not enable. So 1st or R is safety.

Clutch pedal as e-brake handle is so wrong! :crazy:

lol. iRacing doesn't have e-brake bind key - like real life racing such as NASCAR, IndyCar, F1, etc... they doesn't have e-brake. But if you look at rally racing and draft racing (popular in Japan), there's e-brake. They used it to make vehicle go in draft mode (skid around the corner).

Since I don't really race anything beyond iRacing, e-brake is not necessary for my racing setup. I've raced DiRT 3 and there are few racing mode that required e-brake and I set it on my clutch pedal to situating e-brake.

I ordered new computer case, Master Cooler HAF XB, to downsize my gaming desktop computer's case, Master Cooler Stacker 830 Evo. It would be enough friendly-size for my dormitory room rather than order new two to three thousand dollars gaming laptop or compact desktop. It would be at my house within a week. I consider it as small step in upgrade process.

Yes, They do own mod e-brake from Logitech G25 and G27 steering wheel.

How to mod Logitech G25/G27 for e-brake (handbrake) - YouTube! Skip at 5:10
GT5_cockpit_03-08-09_2995.jpg

granturismoracing.jpg

photoon20100427at1758.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

Yeah, one of many places that sell customized mod "e-brake" - not just modified from Logitech G25/G27. I have seen it so many at iRacing forum.

You can easily made one with certain circuit board and a stiff sensor and some metals to make handle, etc... I'm not good enough to build one. *shrug* Like I said earlier, I don't need e-brake. :)

lol. iRacing doesn't have e-brake bind key - like real life racing such as NASCAR, IndyCar, F1, etc... they doesn't have e-brake. But if you look at rally racing and draft racing (popular in Japan), there's e-brake. They used it to make vehicle go in draft mode (skid around the corner).

Since I don't really race anything beyond iRacing, e-brake is not necessary for my racing setup. I've raced DiRT 3 and there are few racing mode that required e-brake and I set it on my clutch pedal to situating e-brake.

It's joke about stick and game. I don't understand why most controllers come with clutch pedal and there is no clutch bind key for game unless I missed something.. It's kind useless.

I am big fan of Rally. Go 22B!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSK6hWUfps0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSK6hWUfps0

I did like my old subaru impreza RS 2000 with manual and as turned U at 40MPH and freaked few of my friends out. :D

I changed my gaming computer's case to Cooler Master HAF XB case for smaller size but better space.

Attachments

• 2013-05-22 15.24.05.jpg
    2013-05-22 15.24.05.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2013-05-22 15.37.36.jpg
    2013-05-22 15.37.36.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2013-05-22 19.35.58.jpg
    2013-05-22 19.35.58.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2013-05-22 19.50.16.jpg
    2013-05-22 19.50.16.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 13
I changed my gaming computer's case to Cooler Master HAF XB case for smaller size but better space.

Very nice. I sicked of ATX already. I built ATX like thousands times for over 18 years. I plan to build a computer with mini ITX!

8486b0b5_SFF-61.jpeg

Save space, less heat *yes, that's right mini ITX is wayyyer less heat than atx* You will see GPU get fresh cool air suck in thru the case's side. Most ATX don't side hole for GPU. That's why too many ATX have over 4-5 fans to keep cool GPU down.

Last edited:
Look like I'm upgrading my iRacing PC. I just bought barely used ASUS Sabertooth X79 (LGA 2011) from a iRacing friend. I'm thinking of using i7-3930K with overclock, probably buy new set of memory (8GB or 16GB), and Corsair H60.

I probably will upgrade video card, but not decide on which.

It's gonna be fun project.

Let me show you the triple projector that Todd Bettenhausen (yes, he's related to famous Indy 500 racer) created recently.

Part 5b of 5: 3x Projectors Sim-Racing Cockpit Design / Build - YouTube

Driver's view in Star Mazda at Road America:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIKcEVcdxMc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And driver's view in new NASCAR's Gen6 at Dover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Gk1tXLyFY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The projector setup is very expensive, he's using three projectors plus top of line screen. He won't tell us how much he spent... But I'm drooling.

Unfinish built my own second gaming PC.

attachment.php

attachment.php

CASE - Corsair Vengenance C70

COOL WATER - Corasir H110
CPU - AMD FX-8350 4.0 Ghz CPU
MOBO - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 motherboard ( finally, It had 3.0 PCE-e 16x )
RAM -Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866
GPU - undecide yet
SSD - undecide yet
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
PSU - Corsair AX 760 watt PSU

Attachments

• DSC02031.jpg
    DSC02031.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC02032.jpg
    DSC02032.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 44
Just finished (forgive crappy picture - taken with iPhone):

47b9.jpg

This is my iRacing PC which I only use it for iRacing or perhaps other racing software.

Case: HAF 932
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79
CPU: Intel i7-3930K
GPU: Sapphire HD6970 with 2GB memory
Memory: 8GB GSkill Sniper series 1866
CPU Cooling: Corsair H60
PSU: Corsair HX 750W
HDD: 300GB Western
Disc drive: Simple DVD player
Monitors: 24" Dell (plugged with DVI) and two 24" ASUS (plugged with DisplayPort). This is triple monitors setup.

decide to add SSD later? eh

This is my iRacing PC which I only use it for iRacing or perhaps other racing software.

Monitors: 24" Dell (plugged with DVI) and two 24" ASUS (plugged with DisplayPort). This is triple monitors setup.

decide to add SSD later? eh

Yeah, later. Since SSD doesn't affect iRacing at all and I thought it's not necessary for me to buy new SSD till later.

Edit to add:

I just played a little bit iRacing with new system and it's big improvement from i5-2500K. I still have some to install before I actually race it - (add USB monitor and etc...)

47b9.jpg

What's crap pictures? It's looks fine to me.

That's would be nice if GPU have triple HDMI. Why most GPU companies still made DVI. :ugh:

Back