Show off your own Built a Custom PC!

XBGMER

Reaction score
ATTN: This is for build/ built their own PC only, ;) thank you!

I Honestly tell you, I had stopped to use this pc since 2001. thats why I ended up to bought my Laptop and use it a lots than desktop pc. I pulled my sweet built PC out of storage where it been collected dust.. My custom PC use for entertainment theater in living room for purpose.. heheh..

1998 about I started to built my own PC and kept me upgrade mainboard every year till 2001 stopped to buy upgrade motherboard. Look at my pictures of below:
img1803cutxcvertys1.jpg

Mainboard: MSI K7T266 PRO2-A
Power Supply: JGE ATX 300w P4- 12v
CPU: AMD Duron processor 1.20Ghz
Video Card: Radoen 9000 PRO 128MB DDR
Case: Lian Li PC-Aluminum Case
MEMORY: 1.5GB RAM
Rom drives: SONY DVD ROM, & SONY DVD RW ROM
Floppy: 1.4MB SAMSUNG

My built PC running pretty well, however I will upgrade some parts in future, when money is permission..

Once you build your own PC, it is soo fun. learn and experince , is that right?

You post your picture that show off what you build or built PC right here to share with us.. :)

ATTN: This is for build/ built their own PC only, ;) thank you!

I Honestly tell you, I had stopped to use and this pc since 2001. thats why I ended up to bought my Laptop and use it a lots than desktop pc. I pulled my sweet built PC out of storage where it been collected dust.. My custom PC use for entertainment theater in living room for purpose.. heheh..

1998 about I started to built my own PC and kept me upgrade mainboard every year till 2001 stopped to buy upgrade motherboard. Look at my pictures of below:
img1803cutxcvertys1.jpg

Mainboard: MSI K7T266 PRO2-A
CPU: AMD Duron processor 1.20Ghz
Video Card: Radoen 9000 PRO 128MB DDR
Case: Lian Li PC-Aluminum Case
MEMORY: 1.5GB RAM
Rom drives: SONY DVD ROM, & SONY DVD RW ROM
Floppy 1.4MB SAMSUNG

You post your picture that show off what you build or built PC right here to share with u.. :)

All I see a little red cross :dunno:

Turns out it was blocked against my security at work. :mad2:

NICE! I have Cosmos 1000 case and 780i EVGA motherboard. I need buy some parts to building it.

The blue case is my first time build. Silver case (Cosmos1000) is my second and not finish building yet.

Blue case:
Mobo Foxconn 761GXK8Mb
CPU AMD 939 socket 2.0 ghz
Video Card: Geforce 6200 TC 128MB
Memory: 1GB memory
Hard Drive: 80GB
Floppy: 1.4 Dell

Cosmos 1000:
Mobo: EVGA nForce 780i SLI

Here is my computer that I built in October of this year,

Motherboard - Intel DG45ID with HDMI and DVI graphics port

Processor - Intel Core2Duo 2.53 GHz

Memory - DDR2 4 GB 800 MHz

Harddrive - Samsung 750 GB SATA 7200 RPM

DVD/CD Drive - Samsung 20x Internal SATA burner/reader

OS - Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1

Monitor - Soyo 22inch Widescreen

The blue case is my first time build. Silver case (Cosmos1000) is my second and not finish building yet.

Blue case:
Mobo Foxconn 761GXK8Mb
CPU AMD 939 socket 2.0 ghz
Video Card: Geforce 6200 TC 128MB
Memory: 1GB memory
Hard Drive: 80GB
Floppy: 1.4 Dell

Cosmos 1000:
Mobo: EVGA nForce 780i SLI
You obvisouly have two built PC, am i right? I like first picture of cooler master PC. I like cooler master case. I honesty never see cosmos tower case before... its weird design isnt it?

Here is my computer that I built in October of this year,

Motherboard - Intel DG45ID with HDMI and DVI graphics port

Processor - Intel Core2Duo 2.53 GHz

Memory - DDR2 4 GB 800 MHz

Harddrive - Samsung 750 GB SATA 7200 RPM

DVD/CD Drive - Samsung 20x Internal SATA burner/reader

OS - Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1

Monitor - Soyo 22inch Widescreen
Your tower is soooo beautiful color and sexy.. isn't that Aluminum Case? anyway your FlatPanel LCD is emachine and whats screen size ?, I just curious. :)

Your tower is soooo beautiful color and sexy.. isn't that Aluminum Case? anyway your FlatPanel LCD is emachine and whats screen size ?, I just curious.. :)

Thanks. I like it so far and the monitor as I said in post is SOYO 22 inch widescreen. Never heard of that name but it was a great price! Since I never heard of that name before, I bought a 3 year warranty for it.

I plan to add a media reader soon so that I could insert different media cards and use them.

What is the best way to backup important files? I'm thinking of getting eSATA external Harddrive. I am not sure if that is best way to go yet. I know I can do DVD but it takes a long time and I don't really want to take time to backup to DVD's.

Any suggestion?

Thanks. I like it so far and the monitor as I said in post is SOYO 22 inch widescreen. Never heard of that name but it was a great price! Since I never heard of that name before, I bought a 3 year warranty for it.

I plan to add a media reader soon so that I could insert different media cards and use them.
Ooops! Please excuse me, I did not re-read your post in first place before reply yours. :D I aware of soyo making mainboards before. but I never see that product of flat panel LCD by soyo. thats super-cool. I notice that antec power supply there in your tower.. Do you like antec productions, and how much of watt??

I forget what the watts is and I really dont pay attention to the name for case. I buy that looks good to me and price. I also go by suggestion of salesperson. As for the power supply, it came with the case. I also added 2 more fans to case to make sure it stays cool and I'm thinking of getting another one to help cool the processor.

I forget what the watts is and I really dont pay attention to the name for case. I buy that looks good to me and price. I also go by suggestion of salesperson. As for the power supply, it came with the case. I also added 2 more fans to case to make sure it stays cool and I'm thinking of getting another one to help cool the CPU.

If you're a hardcore PC gamer...I would suggest at least 600 watts power supply.

If you're a hardcore PC gamer...I would suggest at least 600 watts power supply.

Thanks but fortunately I am not a gamer so I don't need top of the line. My goal when buying and building this computer was to be able use it for college and internet. I wanted to make sure it can stay up with me if I am studying. I also wanted to be able to upgrade if needed without having to buy whole new CPU in future.

Last edited:
Back up suggestion - Secretblend is to get an external harddrive, not the DVD, it takes a while, yeah. I have 2 backed up DVDs XD

Thanks but fortunately, I am not a gamer so I don't need top of the line. My goal when buying and building this computer was to be able use it for college and internet. I wanted to make sure it can stay up with me if I am studying. I also wanted to be able to upgrade if needed without having to buy whole new CPU in future.

Ahhh, ok all right. At least 400 watts is good enough. :)

What is the best way to backup important files? I'm thinking of getting eSATA external Harddrive. I am not sure if that is best way to go yet. I know I can do DVD but it takes a long time and I don't really want to take time to backup to DVD's.

Any suggestion?
Yeah, of course you need that external harddrive.. otherwise You can buy Multifunction Converter by coolmax which I use a lots.

Back up suggestion - Secretblend is to get an external harddrive, not the DVD, it takes a while, yeah. I have 2 backed up DVDs XD

I am seriously considering getting eSATA Harddrive. My motherboard has a port for eSATA and I understand that nothing is faster than SATA for reasonable price.

Ahhh, ok all right. At least 400 watts is good enough. :)

Found the info, it has EarthWatts 430 watt.

Yeah, of course you need that external harddrive.. otherwise You can buy Multifunction Converter by coolmax which I use a lots.

That's an idea but if I am gonna go that route, might as well use eSATA Harddrive since I already have port for that.

akhem, get at least 1 TB for that external drive, they are pretty cheap now
oh yeah, ustom build PC's i used to do that too

quite a long while back now, i dabbleith DFI Lanparty ultra B, mobo, nice board, muskins 222 specials (BH6) the BH5's were all sold out dammit.....flashing BIOS's wasnt for faint of hearts (as I am, - scared shit out of me everytime)

those bh6 wasnt bad, ch is the ones to avoid.. crippled bh5 revised lol

AMD ruled in those days, esp the Socket A's (if you remmy'd them) oh i loved the T'bred AUIHB's 2100 - sht they were fast, easily overclockable, then had an even better one XPM2600 batron,stepping ws IQYHA0351MPMW if my memory serves me, it was a fucking amazing little fucker lol

just a little link to help you go back in time :)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91968&perpage=10&pagenumber=2

then later i had a realy good venice xp3000 (whch i still use today but not overclocking, just stock speed to make it last and boy it is last.....it ran all the way up to 2.7 GHZ into windows!!, stock is 1.8 ghz - almost a Ghz overclock - fucking amazing....(but this time i forgot what was the stepping , nevermind, and no, i dont want to pull off my heatsink this time- i got no more silver5 compound goo to replace it)

as for case modding, i never got it off the ground.. but had a few nice rounded cables... nice heat spreaders on rams, that was about it and lastly a trusty OCZ powerstream 520 W PSU still running it, nd tis Sata-ready... nice...for when it was new 4 years ago...

my last overclocking mobo was a MSI Neo2 Plat with the volt mod from psu to rams, it cooked the rams !! grrrr then it cooked the GPU, (6800 GTOC) never again will i fuck with a modding a board.. oh well.......

but that was the same board and venice 2.9 not in windows (STOCK cpu volts !!!) and 2.7 in to windows but hell it wasnt so kind to the then very robust BH6, it did but heck like if that was a different rams it would have cooked so fast to fail within a week easy.....I'm really impressed with the BH6, but only if i didnt solder that point...to that point and just BIOS up the volt with smaller increacement then i would have been alright... arent hindsights wonderful? only thing its too damn late and costly !! argh as u cant RMA a modded mobo, thats the way it is(and i knew that just i ignored advice and responsibility)

I kid you not overclocking was an expensive hobby, i gave it up.
i gave up gaming too, just it just study on a humble downclocked (stock speed) on this venice, and only game i might play at Lans might be quake 3 or Counterstrike source...yeah i moved on...

cheers

Back