Show off your own Built a Custom PC!

low 45 FPS was old motherboard and old CPU?

high 60 FPS upgraded intel i7 CPU and Sabertooth motherboard?

Okay, let's make it clear:

i7-3930K at iRacing with triple screens - FPS starting 45 to 60 FPS
i5-2500K at iRacing with triple screens - FPS starting 84 and above

At 45 FPS at iRacing:

i7-3930K is smoothly
i5-2500K is stutter

Remember I explained in other thread that iRacing is CPU depended. Good CPU will run iRacing pretty well. If I overclock i7-3930K, I might get more FPS.

I think the reason I'm getting 84+ FPS with i5-2500K because I turned off some graphic setting that may have put me 84+ FPS.

Okay, let's make it clear:

i7-3930K at iRacing with triple screens - FPS starting 45 to 60 FPS
i5-2500K at iRacing with triple screens - FPS starting 84 and above

At 45 FPS at iRacing:

i7-3930K is smoothly
i5-2500K is stutter

Remember I explained in other thread that iRacing is CPU depended. Good CPU will run iRacing pretty well. If I overclock i7-3930K, I might get more FPS.

I think the reason I'm getting 84+ FPS with i5-2500K because I turned off some graphic setting that may have put me 84+ FPS.

Oh, I see. Vsync setting turn ON = 60 FPS smoother. Vsync setting turn OFF = higher than 60 FPS. Depend with Dual-Link DVI cables

Oh, I see. Vsync setting turn ON = 60 FPS smoother. Vsync setting turn OFF = higher than 60 FPS. Depend with Dual-Link DVI cables

Umm... did I ask for advice? I had Vsync turned off on both. It's not needed since i7-3930K is smoothly with Vsync turned off. I'm sure I will find a way to increase FPS.

Just FYI, iRacing forum is full of game setting suggestions, hardware support, hardware news, software support, and lot lot. Even we're having discussion on Oculus Rift. Anyways, I get all information on game setting suggestion for my AMD card.

I will have upgrade - new motherboard, graphic card and case.

I will convert from Mid ATX to Mini ITX with new motherboard and GeForce GTX 760 (little faster than GeForce GTX 580).

I will do it today when new PC components get delivered today and I will show pictures when I finish my project.

I haven't built a computer from scratch yet. This is my first rehab computer. A business donated a lot of these computers to our college. The student organization members get to pay $35 for a Saturday workshop where we can rehab a computer and take it home. That includes the cpu with one hard drive, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. A few also have speakers and UPS unit. (We also get lunch included.) The school provides the DBAN and OS to use.

Last Saturday, this is the computer I worked on and brought home.

Tomorrow, I get to do another one. I will be donating that computer to someone.

My computer is a Dell Precision 690 server. I loaded it with Ubuntu OS. It will be my "practice" computer for future classes, so I won't mess up the family computer. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG-20130923-00108.jpg
    IMG-20130923-00108.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 14
  • dell.jpg
    dell.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 12
doin-it-right-21.jpg

i need that.

I will have upgrade - new motherboard, graphic card and case.

I will convert from Mid ATX to Mini ITX with new motherboard and GeForce GTX 760 (little faster than GeForce GTX 580).

I will do it today when new PC components get delivered today and I will show pictures when I finish my project.

Oh wow, my dream went nightmare.

I tried to move all parts from my old PC case to new Mini ITX case, but my hand is big and make harder to pack the Mini ITX in small case. I followed much of motherboard instruction. The computer won't boot up at all and the PSU/motherboard will on for few seconds, but went off, then turn on for few seconds, then repeat. I don't know about what is wrong - it can be faulty motherboard or PSU. I decided to move old parts to my old PC case and followed the instruction, but PSU will NOT turn on at all, no fan, so tried change the switch, check the power, etc, and it won't turn on. I think it could be faulty PSU.

My PSU is Corsair TX750 that I bought in 2011 and it supposed to be good brand.

I'm very disappointed that my first PC built went failed after successful, so I'm stuck with PS3 and MacBook Pro.

The question is - was it working on your old case before you moved it to new case? I mean the PSU.

If you're using same components from old case to new case, it should be a simple move without any issue.

If you can hear PC beeps, listen to it. They usually tell you what's wrong - like memory or video card not being seat properly.

The question is - was it working on your old case before you moved it to new case? I mean the PSU.

If you're using same components from old case to new case, it should be a simple move without any issue.

If you can hear PC beeps, listen to it. They usually tell you what's wrong - like memory or video card not being seat properly.

1) Yes, it was work with old case.

2) No, not all are same components, I just use new Mini ITX motherboard, graphic card and liquid cooling fan.

3) I'm profoundly deaf and can't hear everything.

Updated: I finally got my old case to work and PSU is running fine. It looks like bad luck or bad power outlet, or I did something is wrong.

I moved all old components back to my old Mid ATX case, except for new graphic card and liquid cooling fan are new component for my old case.

My old cooling fan (Cool Master Hyper 212) broke so I replaced with Corsair H55.

There is my updated PC case with new graphic card and liquid cooling fan.
i071ukc0fdYFI.JPG

I gave up the Mini ITX case. :(

what signs of busted hard drive,if it my hard drive going try canabolize bits and try make one myself can;t be that hard

1) Yes, it was work with old case.

2) No, not all are same components, I just use new Mini ITX motherboard, graphic card and liquid cooling fan.

3) I'm profoundly deaf and can't hear everything.

Updated: I finally got my old case to work and PSU is running fine. It looks like bad luck or bad power outlet, or I did something is wrong.

I moved all old components back to my old Mid ATX case, except for new graphic card and liquid cooling fan are new component for my old case.

My old cooling fan (Cool Master Hyper 212) broke so I replaced with Corsair H55.

Yeah, I can't hear either. :) I usually had hearing friend to listen it for me. I wish the motherboard makers would add light and we could just see it flashing to see what kind of error it is.

Anyway, it's usually caused by memory not being seated properly. It's very common issue and most of the time it's fixed when you press memory down bit harder (not too hard, you know what I mean. :)).

I don't know how you did with PSU and I never had similar experience with yours. However, from what I learned from the A+ Class few years ago that teacher said if PSU is not working - try to move the power plug to different slot to see if it's working or not.

I know it's not relate to your issue but I would mention my most recently issue with PSU (just two weeks ago) - I almost got it on fire. It was irresponsible of me for leaving some papers under the tower where the PSU fan running on the bottom that caused airflow blockade. I had to replace new PSU (and made sure there's no paper or debris under it!).

what signs of busted hard drive,if it my hard drive going try canabolize bits and try make one myself can;t be that hard

The signal usually reveal upon boot up on the screen. It will say "Can't find C:\" or "Can't read hard drive" or something like that. And other way if it's able to boot up to Windows, scan disk will tell you if you have bad bits, etc... Motherboard won't beep if you have hard drive error.

The beep error usually on hardware such as memory, power, CPU, system timer, and more. Here's the link: Computer POST and beep codes for list of beep error codes. The first list is most common on today's PCs.

oh dear it is the hard drive then...the lap top about 8yrs old so surppose i had moneys worth...i not bother get it mended

I started to collect computer parts last February and now I only four parts left to collect of them. Since I don't have so many stuff or games on my computer, I don't really need a extreme super computer. I keep some things simple and organize.

I hope I can finish my collection before 2014. Well, I will wait and see... :)

my old actual photos like 3 years ago -
Before
b_104323.jpg

After
b_033043.jpg

I purchased Data Vac DUSTER from in-store frys, and cleaned the dust mass out of My fiancée's PC. I was like WOW, PC is very pure clean and like new brand! It's way much more effective. Not need a compressed air cans.

I highly recommending a little DATA VAC DUSTER machine for AIr cooler PC, WC loop PC or Console system. ;)

Glad to see that you got rid of the dust bunnies. :lol:

Back