Show off your own Built a Custom PC!

I added DEMCiflex dust filter on my PC. I'm tired of cleaning PC up with spraying dustbuster.

ffi-120.jpg

ffi-120_7.jpg

Yeah, later. Since SSD doesn't affect iRacing at all and I thought it's not necessary for me to buy new SSD till later.

Edit to add:

I just played a little bit iRacing with new system and it's big improvement from i5-2500K. I still have some to install before I actually race it - (add USB monitor and etc...)

7200RPM HDD 64MB Cache/SATA 6Gb/s is pretty good fast loading.

What's crap pictures? It's looks fine to me.

That's would be nice if GPU have triple HDMI. Why most GPU companies still made DVI. :ugh:

He own iPhone 5. It look fine to me, too

Oh, that HDMI, I test it to hook up my TV. Yes, very clear pictures

What's crap pictures? It's looks fine to me.

lol. I'm picky on picture and I thought it's bit grainy, but thanks. :)

Highlander said:
That's would be nice if GPU have triple HDMI. Why most GPU companies still made DVI. :ugh:

Because the Dell monitor does not have HDMI or DisplayPort, so I'm stuck with DVI. :)

There's no difference between DVI and HDMI (I mean, picture) - but there's difference between them is HDMI has audio and DVI do not. I'm using 2nd PC right now, it's hooked to HDMI on my 23" monitor and I don't see any difference. *shrug*

I actually prefer DisplayPort over HDMI and DVI.

Because the Dell monitor does not have HDMI or DisplayPort, so I'm stuck with DVI. :)

There's no difference between DVI and HDMI (I mean, picture) - but there's difference between them is HDMI has audio and DVI do not. I'm using 2nd PC right now, it's hooked to HDMI on my 23" monitor and I don't see any difference. *shrug*

Oh, I see. I use my dual-link DVI cable

Still good picture. I sicked of someone still post a facebook or forum with crap pictures like that.

Photo-0005.jpg

I am aware of picture. It's GPU company as itself, I had a hard time to find good GPU with dual HDMI.

mini_hdmi.jpg

It looks awful and I am not big fan of "screw" to tight it. Just plugged it and done and easy to move computer around like LAN party, test computer, etc.

Most big LED LCDs and projectors have HDMI ready. DisplayPort is very rare and good for most computers.

I am aware of picture. It's GPU company as itself, I had a hard time to find good GPU with dual HDMI.

mini_hdmi.jpg

It looks awful and I am not big fan of "screw" to tight it. Just plugged it and done and easy to move computer around like LAN party, test computer, etc.

Most big LED LCDs and projectors have HDMI ready. DisplayPort is very rare and good for most computers.

Yeah, I didn't see two HDMI ports on graphic card... most of them has two DP, 2 DVI, and one HDMI. :confused: I don't know why...

I used to have Sapphire HD5870 Eyefinity 6.

SAPPHIREHD58702GBEyefinity6PR.jpg

With 6 DP ports and I sold it to fellow iRacer.

Yeah, I didn't see two HDMI ports on graphic card... most of them has two DP, 2 DVI, and one HDMI. :confused: I don't know why...

I used to have Sapphire HD5870 Eyefinity 6.

SAPPHIREHD58702GBEyefinity6PR.jpg

With 6 DP ports and I sold it to fellow iRacer.

I like that idea of Sapphire HD5870 Eyefinity 6's design.

You planned to buy a 6 LCD? :eek3:

I didn't buy 6 monitors at that time. I got my first triple monitor when I bought that card. Had to sell it, so that I can upgrade to HD6970.

Maybe once I sold my i5-2500K stuffs, I will consider getting HD7950.

My current GPU is Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC ED 3GB...

attachment.php

My old GPU..

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01949.jpg
    DSC01949.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC01951.jpg
    DSC01951.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 72
How's my cable management?:Oops:

Well, I viewed your PC case... You didn't install cables on back of PC case. If I were you acting hurry up install cables and quick load game and play. tsk...

Simple back of PC case. cable managerment for airflow improve.
attachment.php

I installed cable managerment on my first own gaming PC since March 2012.
evo-dragon-albums-my-gadgets-picture5816-dsc01954.jpg

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 57
Well, I viewed your PC case... You didn't install cables on back of PC case. If I were you acting hurry up install cables and quick load game and play. tsk...

attachment.php

So many bay hard drives and you don't use them. :|

attachment.php

I noticed your case have more space between cover and platform. My HAF 932 is kind of smaller. Before I upgraded to X79, I had hard time put cover on. And when I upgraded it, I decided to avoid putting it in back cover as you see the picture. Maybe I should do better job on that one when I buy new SSD and/or GPU.

Last night, I finally ran official race at iRacing with 20 drivers. I was surprised my FPS dropped to low 45 to high 60 comparing to my old i5-2500K with over 84 FPS (I capped 84 FPS).

What impressed me with i7-3930K (not overclocked) is that it did not "stuttered" when it went down to 45 FPS. The racecars seems running smoothly. i5-2500K would have stuttered at 45 FPS. So, I went to self practice at Circuit de Spa Francorchamp (which is iRacing's famous FPS killer) and it went really smoothly. I guess I'm happy with my purchase.

I noticed your case have more space between cover and platform. My HAF 932 is kind of smaller. Before I upgraded to X79, I had hard time put cover on. And when I upgraded it, I decided to avoid putting it in back cover as you see the picture. Maybe I should do better job on that one when I buy new SSD and/or GPU.

Oh, My case is medium size tower. JMH's case is full size tower is much better airflow improve over mine.

Last edited:
Last night, I finally ran official race at iRacing with 20 drivers. I was surprised my FPS dropped to low 45 to high 60 comparing to my old i5-2500K with over 84 FPS (I capped 84 FPS).

What impressed me with i7-3930K (not overclocked) is that it did not "stuttered" when it went down to 45 FPS. The racecars seems running smoothly. i5-2500K would have stuttered at 45 FPS. So, I went to self practice at Circuit de Spa Francorchamp (which is iRacing's famous FPS killer) and it went really smoothly. I guess I'm happy with my purchase.

low 45 FPS was old motherboard and old CPU?

high 60 FPS upgraded intel i7 CPU and Sabertooth motherboard?

Back