School counselor causing problems with me taking ASL classes!

The drive by shooting was enough for my friend. He got out instantly after that. :giggle:

I grew up on the north side of town, there were always shootings. When I was about 4 or 5, I was in the house when 3 shots were fired over my head.I still remember the white dust from the walls, that fell. We still didn't move, until my GrandFather past away in 2001. Then we went to Farmersville for a little while. We moved back to Visalia. When I graduated high school, I lived with my sister, so that I could go to college here. I got sick, and was in and out of the hospital for years. That's why I was in, and out of school; and just decided to leave on my own stands because of the pain I was having. When I started feeling better, I moved to Hanford for a job, that was suppose to be there for me in the winter. I never got the job. I found out there was no job in the first place. So, I decided I would move back with my sister, and started going to school again.

Jiro - there are a number of online schools and a lot of the are accredited. My son used an online school for 2 years here in Florida. The one we used had classes for grades 5-12 and were in the process of adding in elementary level classes. They were for the home school student, as well as public/private/charter school students needing to supplement their curriculum. My son cancelled his online classes purely for the fact that it was too easy to open another tab and go to a different website instead of doing school work. Also, there is the problem that it's hard to get questions answered. We had a problem with the American History grade 10 teacher who only answered once a week, if that often. She was reported, but nothing ever happened.

It's going to need a doctor to prove you are hard of hearing to get the concessions you want from your school, not your mother or sister.

It needs to be a bit more official.

Exactly. I have asked her to get that documentation.

I grew up on the north side of town, there were always shootings. When I was about 4 or 5, I was in the house when 3 shots were fired over my head.I still remember the white dust from the walls, that fell. We still didn't move, until my GrandFather past away in 2001. Then we went to Farmersville for a little while. We moved back to Visalia. When I graduated high school, I lived with my sister, so that I could go to college here. I got sick, and was in and out of the hospital for years. That's why I was in, and out of school; and just decided to leave on my own stands because of the pain I was having. When I started feeling better, I moved to Hanford for a job, that was suppose to be there for me in the winter. I never got the job. I found out there was no job in the first place. So, I decided I would move back with my sister, and started going to school again.

Yep, rough place out there.

Jiro - there are a number of online schools and a lot of the are accredited. My son used an online school for 2 years here in Florida. The one we used had classes for grades 5-12 and were in the process of adding in elementary level classes. They were for the home school student, as well as public/private/charter school students needing to supplement their curriculum. My son cancelled his online classes purely for the fact that it was too easy to open another tab and go to a different website instead of doing school work. Also, there is the problem that it's hard to get questions answered. We had a problem with the American History grade 10 teacher who only answered once a week, if that often. She was reported, but nothing ever happened.

My older nephew teaches for an online school 7-12, as well as a brick and mortar school.

My older nephew teaches for an online school 7-12, as well as a brick and mortar school.
Our neighbor (and Hubby's bagpipe tutor) teaches for an online school. He used to teach prisoners at the local correctional facility but was laid off from that job (funding ran out). He prefers the online school. :D

Our neighbor (and Hubby's bagpipe tutor) teaches for an online school. He used to teach prisoners at the local correctional facility but was laid off from that job (funding ran out). He prefers the online school. :D

I bet he does!:giggle:

I bet it's a lot less stressful too!

I am experience lots of stress counsellor with interpreter I think so good help me reduce :)

School districts are for K-12. Aren't we talking about a college? :confused:

Have you been to the Registrar's or Dean's office?

There's a piece of this puzzle that's missing.

I am not sure about this school but some of the county colleges in TX and CA are referred to as part of a community college district. Butting out now. :lol:

I am not sure about this school but some of the county colleges in TX and CA are referred to as part of a community college district. Butting out now. :lol:
Got it.

It sure seems though that the poster sounds like a high school student, and the college sounds like a Mickey Mouse high school. I guess that's the way things are now.

I think it sounds like she/he is attending one of those weird vocational schools, I think they're called? Regardless of what theyre called, it sounds like the school my brother went to- it was private, and he had a lot of issues with them, but could not transfer out unless he finished the degree first. If he left without finishing the degree, basically he forfeited the units he had gotten there b/c of the strange accreditation.

He did wind up finishing their associates in business, and transferred to a 4 yr university, but they ended up not even accepting over half of his units.

If this is the sort of school you're at and you are only 15 units in, I say cut your losses and go to a different college before you have more to lose than 1 semester of credits.

I think it sounds like she/he is attending one of those weird vocational schools, I think they're called? Regardless of what theyre called, it sounds like the school my brother went to- it was private, and he had a lot of issues with them, but could not transfer out unless he finished the degree first. If he left without finishing the degree, basically he forfeited the units he had gotten there b/c of the strange accreditation.

He did wind up finishing their associates in business, and transferred to a 4 yr university, but they ended up not even accepting over half of his units.

If this is the sort of school you're at and you are only 15 units in, I say cut your losses and go to a different college before you have more to lose than 1 semester of credits.

I would in a heart beat, but the fact I don't have a car limits me on where I could go. I'm pretty sure there is only C.O.S here, and the Chapman University, but you have to have your AA/AS to go to Chapman because it's a private college.

Got it.

It sure seems though that the poster sounds like a high school student, and the college sounds like a Mickey Mouse high school. I guess that's the way things are now.

I'm not in high school, just college since 2008. The school just added a new high school wing program this year. I'm always getting mistaken for being a part of their high school program because how small, and young I look. Practically everyone is taller than me, and I am always getting carded.

I just spoke, with my piano instructor...She said that the counselors are giving false information to not just me, but other students as well. I should still tell the dean though right? And tell him what I was going through, and still see if I am actually able to get my transcripts and my classes I'm trying to take?

Back