School counselor causing problems with me taking ASL classes!

I just spoke, with my piano instructor...She said that the counselors are giving false information to not just me, but other students as well. I should still tell the dean though right? And tell him what I was going through, and still see if I am actually able to get my transcripts and my classes I'm trying to take?

I would if I were you.

If I were you, I would walk out of that school and never come back. Find another school.

If I were you, I would walk out of that school and never come back. Find another school.

But I don't have a car, so it's kind of hard to go to another school when I'm limited on resources. Plus I'm pretty sure that there is only two colleges here in town. The C.O.S and the private University down the block. Which you have to already have your AA/AS degree to go there.

Do you have a web link for your college? Maybe we can take a look and see what kind of school it is.

I just spoke, with my piano instructor...She said that the counselors are giving false information to not just me, but other students as well. I should still tell the dean though right? And tell him what I was going through, and still see if I am actually able to get my transcripts and my classes I'm trying to take?

Yeah. Make sure you familiarize your self with the laws pertaining college education and know your rights before you speak to the Dean. No school can forbid you from transferring nor can they deny you your transcripts. Make sure the dean knows you're aware of the law and would have no compunction filing a complaint if you are still dealing with resistance.

Off hand, it looks like a regular community college, not a private college. It's stated mission to provide transfer credits and vocational classes.

You should be able to go anywhere, anytime and transfer your credits with you.

Anyone who tells you differently, doesn't know what they are talking about.

It is a community college, and I'm going to set up an appointment to talk with the dean. Hopefully I can get in this week.

Got it.

It sure seems though that the poster sounds like a high school student, and the college sounds like a Mickey Mouse high school. I guess that's the way things are now.

Nah, I agree with ya....it's sounds like a strange situation.

My school is messed up. I didn't even want to go there in the first place. I'm going to try setting my appointment for this week to speak with the dean, and I'm I already have an appointment set up with my doctor to get documents, so if all goes well I should have everything done by the end of this week. If not I have to wait till next week. Either way I'm going through a lot to get everything done,with the documents, and talking with the dean of the school, but its all worth it.

I've attended a community college, a junior college, and a technical college, in various states, and all my credits were transferred to a university with no problem. I've also had CLEP credit, and military school credit accepted. I've done distance learning courses, and taken traditional on campus courses. I've never encountered the kind of problems that she's had. I've never heard of anyone being almost held hostage to a school that way. At the college where I work, counselors bend over backwards to make things work for the students.

I've attended a community college, a junior college, and a technical college, in various states, and all my credits were transferred to a university with no problem. I've also had CLEP credit, and military school credit accepted. I've done distance learning courses, and taken traditional on campus courses. I've never encountered the kind of problems that she's had. I've never heard of anyone being almost held hostage to a school that way. At the college where I work, counselors bend over backwards to make things work for the students.

I've always had bad luck when it comes to schools. In middle school I almost got expelled for wearing red at the school. The principle was an ex gang member and had problems with my brother.He said if he ever caught me wearing red I wouldn't be allowed at the school anymore. During the first few months of the public high school I went to it took them forever to let me transfer to the charter school outside my town plus turns out my counselor was also my brothers. That also caused problems.

I've always had bad luck when it comes to schools. In middle school I almost got expelled for wearing red at the school. The principle was an ex gang member and had problems with my brother.He said if he ever caught me wearing red I wouldn't be allowed at the school anymore. During the first few months of the public high school I went to it took them forever to let me transfer to the charter school outside my town plus turns out my counselor was also my brothers. That also caused problems.
:eek3:

Off hand, it looks like a regular community college, not a private college. It's stated mission to provide transfer credits and vocational classes.

You should be able to go anywhere, anytime and transfer your credits with you.

Anyone who tells you differently, doesn't know what they are talking about.

I am not think so guy own decision wisdom because decision choice, we can't think images!

Just keeps getting weirder and weirder...

How is it getting weirder? It's the truth. I haven't had good luck with schools. I even thought of dropping out because all the drama. That's why I went to an online high school. Part of the reason was no more drama, no more bad teachers making me cry or bad principles to have to deal with.

well one advice I have is you will need to learn how to deal with people cause in the real world (working world) it's even worse!

well one advice I have is you will need to learn how to deal with people cause in the real world (working world) it's even worse!

I know. I've been through it before. My first job was on campus, and my boss was always being mean to me. Yelling at me for not doing something her way. I just kept my mouth shut, and kept counting the days down till the semester ended.

Back