School counselor causing problems with me taking ASL classes!

Why do I have a nagging feeling this is a banner poster now posting under yet another alter-identity? She used the word consular, not counselor and seems completely unfamiliar with how the education system works in North America.

I am not the best speller in the world, and the folder I received from the school says consular...and as I clearly stated when I first came, Li is my nickname. I am not under no alias or alter- identity.I do not see why everyone is giving me such a hard time on here about my school. I just made the post to wish me luck through the process i am going through to get my ASL classes.

I am not the best speller in the world, and the folder I received from the school says consular...and as I clearly stated when I first came, Li is my nickname. I am not under no alias or alter- identity.I do not see why everyone is giving me such a hard time on here about my school. I just made the post to wish me luck through the process i am going through to get my ASL classes.

Ok, your public profile says you're 19 but you started college in 2008?

Ok, your public profile says you're 19 but you started college in 2008?

Yes that is correct. I graduated high school in 2008. I am 19 years old. I went to an accredited Online high school. I have been going to that college since I was 16.

I go to College of the Sequoias in California.

first of all... anything under 120 units (which is the equivalent to hours in the united states) is an AA degree, which means that it is an associates. the number of units (or hours) taken will depend on the number of hours you are in a classroom each week... so a 3 unit class is on average, 3 hours a week... unless it is a lab, physical ed or performance class...

They can not do what you are saying... so the school you are going to is actually in a community college... no college can legally with hold your transcripts without reason (having a bill past due, etc), or tell you that you can't take a specific class unless you do not meet the pre reqs... so in all honesty... it doesn't seem like you are actually going to that school. A community college only does 2 year degrees... so they would NEVER you can't do that... I have a feeling you are either trolling or something else... I've been to CC's and Universities... looking at masters programs... I know what to expect from colleges... so please stop pretending.

first of all... anything under 120 units (which is the equivalent to hours in the united states) is an AA degree, which means that it is an associates. the number of units (or hours) taken will depend on the number of hours you are in a classroom each week... so a 3 unit class is on average, 3 hours a week... unless it is a lab, physical ed or performance class...

They can not do what you are saying... so the school you are going to is actually in a community college... no college can legally with hold your transcripts without reason (having a bill past due, etc), or tell you that you can't take a specific class unless you do not meet the pre reqs... so in all honesty... it doesn't seem like you are actually going to that school. A community college only does 2 year degrees... so they would NEVER you can't do that... I have a feeling you are either trolling or something else... I've been to CC's and Universities... looking at masters programs... I know what to expect from colleges... so please stop pretending.

I AM NOT PRETENDING! if you don't believe me I'll be MORE THAN HAPPY to prove it. I'll log into my account and take a picture showing my GPA of last semester and my eligibility with financial aid there is proof in my banner web i have been there since 2008 and yea it is a community college I want to transfer to Fresno State.

Don't bother with pictures. PM me all of your pertinent personal information, including student identification number, the counselor's name you have been dealing with, the head of the ASL or deaf studies department, and the name of the dean and/or provost. I will also need a copy of your schedule for this term.

None of this makes a bit of sense. Either you are terribly naive, despite having graduated high school at the remarkable age of 16, and the school is jerking you around, or you are a complete fake.

I am so certain that I know which it is, I am going to say on open forum that I will be taking your case on as pro bono. I don't expect to get the necessary information from you at all.

There's your proof! In pdf form. I put it in pdf form so i could prove i am not lying and i do go there! And that i am not a troll!

Attachments

• C.O.S PROOF!.pdf
    36.6 KB · Views: 33
There's your proof! In pdf form. I put it in pdf form so i could prove i am not lying and i do go there! And that i am not a troll!

Honey, all you proved was that you accessed their website and stuck a sign up that said you go there. Gonna have to do better than that.:P

Don't bother with pictures. PM me all of your pertinent personal information, including student identification number, the counselor's name you have been dealing with, the head of the ASL or deaf studies department, and the name of the dean and/or provost. I will also need a copy of your schedule for this term.

None of this makes a bit of sense. Either you are terribly naive, despite having graduated high school at the remarkable age of 16, and the school is jerking you around, or you are a complete fake.

I am so certain that I know which it is, I am going to say on open forum that I will be taking your case on as pro bono. I don't expect to get the necessary information from you at all.

Hmmmm, do as jillio says. Do you know what "pro bono" means? It means she will provide you her professional services FOR FREE. What have you got to lose? Jillio cannot renege on her agreement once she posted that promise. Go for it!

Yes that is correct. I graduated high school in 2008. I am 19 years old. I went to an accredited Online high school. I have been going to that college since I was 16.

there's online high school? I've never heard of it. Were you home-schooled?

there's online high school? I've never heard of it. Were you home-schooled?

In the last few years, some states have offered alternative online classes for those that just can't handle the regular school environment for one reason or another.

why the sad face?

because nobody believed me,and its bad enough to have to get rejected at home because of my hearing,but now it seems I'm also getting rejected by part of the deaf community as well. That's why the sad face.

Back