Poll for Deaf People: Which sign language you use? ASL, PSE, SEE, etc...

Poll for Deaf people. Which sign language you use?

• Total voters
Well I voted Mixture. ASL and PSE

I am confused to as which one I should click on...mixture or PSE? I clicked on PSE since it's "contact sign" and I have never heard of mixture until this thread.

This poll was a great idea and I am curious on the outcome, but seems that some of us got a bit confused.

Don't like to interupt, but what about a poll with the topic:"Poll for fluent users: What do you favor?"(was that proper english grammar?). And trade "mixture" with "Two or more modes are equal to me". While I understand why this is limited to deaf people, I think hearies should be allowed to vote, if they are fluent in one of those modes. I know several of them prefers PSE or ASL over SEE, though it's perhaps more deaf people that prefer ASL than hearies. I also wonder if this poll is for american deaf people or foreign, too? Again, great idea!

When talking to deaf people I use the few signs I know along with fingerspelling when I don't know a word.

People usually use the deafblind manual to communicate back to me although I have used hands on signing in the past. I don't know which type of signs that's based on though.

Asl of course. Oh, and Pse is not a language.

Jeebus. ASL is only language on the list while others are known as Manual Code of English (MCE) which means MCE is not language but rather as "code" for spoken language.

I voted mixture, to me mixture means all of above... as I have used all three.

Jeebus. ASL is only language on the list while others are known as Manual Code of English (MCE) which means MCE is not language but rather as "code" for spoken language.

Pse is not manual code its just completely made up -- its our version of pig latin.

Who use ASL, PSE or SEE?

I want to find out who use ASL, PSE or SEE here on AD.

Some of them told me that my sign is ASL sometimes PSE.

I use SEE when I was in elementary school. I know some people don't like SEE sign.

Which do you prefer to use with someone? ASL, PSE or SEE even fingerspelling or It doesn't matter for friendship.

I want to find out who use ASL, PSE or SEE?

Some of them told me that my sign is ASL sometimes PSE.

I use SEE when I was in elementary school. I know some people don't like SEE sign.

So, Which do you rather to use with someone? ASL, PSE or SEE even fingerspelling or It doesn't matter.

I prefer Asl, always have.

Cool, Jasin & JClarke, That's what I want to know. :ty:

Then who else?

Prefer ASL, but will use whatever mode the person I am communicating with prefers. Many adults who learned SEE as kids sign more of a PSL syntax.

Any of the three. When I sign ASL it is more half way between PSE and ASL at times though. SEE was my first language, used it before I spoke, so it is sometimes hard to switch over to ASL.

Back