Poll for Deaf People: Which sign language you use? ASL, PSE, SEE, etc...

Poll for Deaf people. Which sign language you use?

• Total voters
Ok, how about who do u prefer to communicate with?

ASL, PSE or SEE?

Or is it already re-post?.

I will read the link from boult later.

Thanks

Mod,

Move me to "ASL, PSE, SEE which is superior".

Thank you.

Mod's Note:

I merged this thread to "Poll for Deaf People: Which sign language you use? ASL, PSE, SEE, etc." As it is more related to your thread "Who use ASL, PSE or SEE"

Pse is not manual code its just completely made up -- its our version of pig latin.
It help a way to bridge the gap between ASL & English. If one wants to use PSE, They are allowed to.

Mod's Note:

I merged this thread to "Poll for Deaf People: Which sign language you use? ASL, PSE, SEE, etc." As it is more related to your thread "Who use ASL, PSE or SEE"

Hi SG,

Thank you so much.

Cheers

I use ASL now, back in when I was younger in elementary and junior high, we used SEE.

I am mixture of sign languages. I been too many different places to learn and adjust.

I want to find out who use ASL, PSE or SEE here on AD.

Some of them told me that my sign is ASL sometimes PSE.

I use SEE when I was in elementary school. I know some people don't like SEE sign.

Which do you prefer to use with someone? ASL, PSE or SEE even fingerspelling or It doesn't matter for friendship.
I used MMS while growing up in mainstream school. I never knew about ASL until I went to RIT. Even when I graduated high school and went to community college where interpreters used ASL, I never knew it was ASL that they were using. I guess I was used to seeing my friends sign ASL that I never paid much difference to knowing what kind of sign language it was.

Now, it's PSE that I use. :)

Prefer ASL, but will use whatever mode the person I am communicating with prefers. Many adults who learned SEE as kids sign more of a PSL syntax.

The poll is for deafs. Please read the title: " Poll for Deaf People: Which sign language you use? ASL, PSE, SEE, etc."

It help a way to bridge the gap between ASL & English. If one wants to use PSE, They are allowed to.

There is a gap because Asl, unlike pse, is a separate language all in its own. Asl is not suppose to be English or like English its suppose to be a language for the deaf and hard of hearing.

If you want better English skills and to know more English then don't study a fake made up language study English its self. I would suggest that for anyone, hearing or deaf.

Start with basic English like spelling and word construction and build your way up. Community colleges are a good place to start if you have already been through the traditional educational system.

I use both BSL (British Sign language) and DGS (Deutsche Gebärdensprache = German Sign Language). I consider DGS as my first language because I live here in Germany for a long time.

I support kind of sign languages and also forgiegn sign language as well.

I switch into BSL when I sign to British friends and switch into DGS when I sign to German friends and also ASL when I sign to American friends. I rather to read their lip movement when they sign... Without lip movement (lip reading), I can't follow their sign).

Back