Poll for Deaf People: Which sign language you use? ASL, PSE, SEE, etc...

Poll for Deaf people. Which sign language you use?

• Total voters
I used all three. The word Deaf in the title is capitalized so hearing people who are culturally Deaf should be able to answer. :D

The poll is for deafs. Please read the title: " Poll for Deaf People: Which sign language you use? ASL, PSE, SEE, etc."

The original thread discussing this topic was merged with the poll thread. It was not restricted to deaf only. Likewise, are you restricting your thread so that Deaf individuals are not permitted to answer? What about those hearing individuals whose native language is ASL? Is it your intent to discuss language, or to facillitate cultural divides?

Likewise, as you are not the originator of the poll, it is not your responsibility to define who is or is not permitted to post.

The original thread discussing this topic was merged with the poll thread. It was not restricted to deaf only. Likewise, are you restricting your thread so that Deaf individuals are not permitted to answer? What about those hearing individuals whose native language is ASL? Is it your intent to discuss language, or to facillitate cultural divides?

Likewise, as you are not the originator of the poll, it is not your responsibility to define who is or is not permitted to post.

I believe Jasin left alldeaf on July 20 at 2:17 pm.

Jeebus. ASL is only language on the list while others are known as Manual Code of English (MCE) which means MCE is not language but rather as "code" for spoken language.

Technically, PSE is not an MCE. MCE is an invented system to convey spoken language, and includes SEE1 and SEE2. PSE can best be described as a naturally evolved, not created, syntax that is the result of culural and linguistic contact between Deaf and hearing cultures. That is what pigin languages are.

Truly, I am glad to know that. He was pretty sad when he left.

Perhaps during his absence, he will learn to take resposnibility for those situations he creates that contribute to his own sadness.

I used all three. The word Deaf in the title is capitalized so hearing people who are culturally Deaf should be able to answer. :D

Thank you, Redfox. Hearing status is not the only criteria for membership in Deaf Culture. Nice to see that most people understand that.

Perhaps during his absence, he will learn to take resposnibility for those situations he creates that contribute to his own sadness.

I agree. I kind of identify with him because I am not great at making friends either.

Sorry SEE should read as SSE! I use SSE (Signing Supported Spoken English)

Sounds as if that is similar to the system that, in the States, we call "Simultaneous Communication", or Sim-Com for short.

I agree. I kind of identify with him because I am not great at making friends either.

Understood. The main difference would be that you also have a strong sense of personal responsibility for your own actions.

Go back and read the original first post; it says a poll for the deaf.

Look at posts # 31 and #35. Jillo already answered before it was merged so too late anyway. Cant hold her at fault for it, heh?

Look at posts # 31 and #35. Jillo already answered before it was merged so too late anyway. Cant hold her at fault for it, heh?

Are you saying that the moderator change the title of the thread and the creator's original first post after the moderator merged the other thread?

Are you saying that the moderator change the title of the thread and the creator's original first post after the moderator merged the other thread?

I don't see where she said that at all.

And, BTW....thanks, shel.:ty:

So, according to your logic, HOH would not be able to answer either. Looks to me kind of like spreading that "not deaf enough" way of thinking.

:confused: I have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't see where she said that at all.
Can you see where I asked a question? I was asking for clarification, I was not quite sure I follow her. But, never mind that, I went to the previous page and found out what she was talking about. The point is that Jasin did not created this thread, he was trying to point out that this thread was a poll for the deaf, he might did not realized the merge of the other thread where you already had posted before the merge.

No...just that there were two threads merged and Jillo answered in the one that wasnt titled "Deaf" only.

That's all.

Back