Paula Deen Fired for using Racial Slur

Shel90...knowing your husband is black....someone did ask why it's OK if blacks call each other the "N" word...but it's not OK for whites to do the same?....Would ur husband comment on this?...As I would like to know the answer too...thank you!

And it does seem we do not have many Black or African=Americans here at AD ?

He HATES it when blacks call each other the "N" word. If a black guy calls him that, there will be a serious beating down from my husband. He thinks it is stupid and low class.

He HATES it when blacks call each other the "N" word. If a black guy calls him that, there will be a serious beating down from my husband. He thinks it is stupid and low class.

Beating down?

Many films are fake so you shouldn't use Hollywood films as reference about black people in real life.
Actually most of the times, the films and TV shows do include facts of life. Of course, some of them are exaggerating such as making it funnier or more drama. In our deaf world, we don't say things like hearing people do. They are worse than us in reality.

You don't get around much do you? I see in black music videos, I hear it in Rap music, I hear it on the streets in Boston - I hear them yelling it over the crowd to one another, I hear them using it on the trains, I hear it in black films by black film makers, I see in Twitter responses among black Rappers...yes...for the most part. I doubt everyone in the world uses like such as the people I mentioned in my post which you must have skipped over....but those people aren't vocal enough when it is used to insist it be stopped.

based on what I've read in your posts, looks like you don't get around much.... most black people I know are courteous. my best friend is black too and we don't talk like them or act like them or use the N-word or "nigga".

As I said, people chose to be offended by it but "mute" is not meant to be derogatory even when describing people who are unable to speak.

how about a "retard" then?

Paula Deen's out? GOOD!

I've seen some of her shows and I was shocked at the amount of sugar and butter she used in pretty much all food. disgusting. absolutely disgusting.

YEP literally a pounding of the fists until the person is all covered in blood. Really, literally. :roll:

Sorry but I still didn't get the answer to the question....WHY is it OK that other Blacks call each other the "N" word...but whites cannot?

Actually most of the times, the films and TV shows do include facts of life. Of course, some of them are exaggerating such as making it funnier or more drama. In our deaf world, we don't say things like hearing people do. They are worse than us in reality.

It doesn't represent to all black people.

I noticed about rap clothes were very popular in 1990's and early 2000's, but not much anymore after I became adult in mid 2000's.

Sorry but I still didn't get the answer to the question....WHY is it OK that other Blacks call each other the "N" word...but whites cannot?

I don't know why and my hubby doesn't either. My hubby does not associate himself with black people who act or talk like that.

I answered :D

Yes you did and thank you..:wave:. I just wanted a feedback from Shel90 since her husband is Black and felt/thought he could give more insight of it...

Seems there are very, very few members of color here and wondering "why"...or they don't post?

Yes you did and thank you..:wave:. I just wanted a feedback from Shel90 since her husband is Black and felt/thought he could give more insight of it...

Seems there are very, very few members of color here and wondering "why"...or they don't post?

I have asked him and he says, "Because they are idiots." It means he doesn't really know why and really doesn't care to find out why. Interesting.

He has expressed that he hates it because it puts black people in a bad light.

Just like how I feel about a few bad apples in the Deaf community.

Back