Paula Deen Fired for using Racial Slur

SNOOP DOGG - FOR ALL MY NIGGAZ & BITCHES LYRICS

I'm waiting for someone in Black entertainment to demand that Snoop, Nas and Biggie Smalls all stop writing lyrics like this...but somehow I don't think it's going to come from Spike Lee or anyone else....

Paula Dean has apologized twice...time to let it go.

And one might find them where....on Twitter, in Spike Lee films, on MTV videos, in Rap Music....the only black people I know of personally that spoke against this was Bill Cosby (who has been labeled a sell out by some blacks for telling them to take responsibility for their lives instead of blaming people for how they live), Lena Horne, and Maya Angelou. I'm sure there are many others, like those that take offense for the way black people drop the words "Hoe" and "bitch" like it's part of every day speech.

Black people are just as racist as anyone else, ask the Korean community in California, or other Asian and Latino groups that live near black neighborhoods. And then there's this fine gentleman:

‘Kill Whitey’: Head of Philadelphia New Black Panther Party Arrested on Gun Charges in Manhattan

Posted by Jammie on Jun 22, 2013 at 12:29 pm

maruseheath-150x150.jpg

Paging Eric Holder, come in, Eric Holder. One of those charming “poll workers” from Philadelphia turns out to be a criminal.
The tattoo on his face says, “Kill Whitey” in block letters, and cops say the gun he carried was loaded and unlicensed.
But that didn’t stop Maruse Heath — head of the Philadelphia chapter of the New Black Panther Party — from claiming that he’s really all about charity and outreach as he was arraigned on a gun-possession charge in Manhattan last night.
“It is my understanding that the New Black Panther Party is the functional equivalent of the KKK,” Assistant District Attorney Christopher Ryan countered as Heath, 41, was ordered held in lieu of $75,000 bail for getting busted allegedly with a gun in Harlem Thursday night.
Heath, aka “King Salim Shabazz,” was arrested on Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard as he left a meeting of New Black Panther Party members. The group had gathered to plan a 15th-anniversary Million Man March commemoration, scheduled for Harlem on Sept. 7.
Heath was unjustly “jumped” by cops as he left the meeting and walked near Seventh Avenue, said his lawyer, Brad Foster, in arguing unsuccessfully for low bail.
“It is no crime to belong to the Black Panther Party,” the lawyer argued. The group does, “charity work within the local community, outreach to the homeless, and works with at-risk youth who are at risk of becoming criminals.”
Charity work, huh? OK.
“I don’t believe there’s any justification for the stop,” he added. “It’s very dark, 10:30 at night,” he said of cops’ decision to stop Heath for allegedly wearing a bulletproof vest. “They grabbed him by the shoulders and cuffed him and he was in custody.”
But the prosecutor argued that the diminutive Heath was wearing a whopping size-52 ballistic vest — obvious in almost any light.
“A 52, sized as regular men’s clothing, is clearly obvious,” the prosecutor argued. “He was stopped, and a loaded handgun was taken from his pocket.”
Heath faces a mandatory minimum of three and a half years if convicted of possessing the .25-cal. gun. He is due back in Manhattan Criminal Court on June 26, when he will be informed if he has been indicted on charges of gun possession and the illegal wearing of body armor.
Man’s got to protect himself from the evil whiteys, doesn’t he? In fact, just last years this creature called for the mass murder of whites. Video at the link.

I see you are not hang out with real life many black people so much. That's all you believe thru internet, film, and tv over real life. It was not cool

I wouldn't use either phrase if I were speaking to another hearing person.

It is certainly just as easy to say "my friend only uses ASL" but at the same time I see no problem with the term if someone chooses to use it.

You don't get around much do you? I see in black music videos, I hear it in Rap music, I hear it on the streets in Boston - I hear them yelling it over the crowd to one another, I hear them using it on the trains, I hear it in black films by black film makers, I see in Twitter responses among black Rappers...yes...for the most part. I doubt everyone in the world uses like such as the people I mentioned in my post which you must have skipped over....but those people aren't vocal enough when it is used to insist it be stopped.
Black music videos, rap music, and films aren't how most black people live, any more than most white music videos and films are accurate portrayals of average white people.

Street life is always the lowest common denominator in an urban community.

Have you been into the churches and homes of black people? Have you attended their weddings, deaths, and funerals? Have they been your neighbors, clients, teachers and co-workers? Do you have black relatives and friends?

I can say yes to all the above. I haven't lived a sheltered life.

It is certainly just as easy to say "my friend only uses ASL" but at the same time I see no problem with the term if someone chooses to use it.
The problem is, "mute," in most cases, is not accurate. Most deaf people do have the physical ability to make oral sounds or speech. Why perpetuate an inaccurate impression?

The problem is, "mute," in most cases, is not accurate. Most deaf people do have the physical ability to make oral sounds or speech. Why perpetuate an inaccurate impression?

I went back to get the post number where I said this. (Post 22) and realized that 2 very important words were left off. Not sure what happened but I edited it.

Being "unwilling to speak" is also part of the definition of "mute". I think there are bigger concerns for people to worry about.

First of all, there needs not be a labeling word at all.

If someone must be described, it's fine to say that he or she is deaf. Period. If more explanation is needed, then one can add, "His preferred mode of communication is American Sign Language," or "He prefers to communicate with speech reading and speaking," or "He prefers to communicate by writing notes."

I agree.

You don't get around much do you? I see in black music videos, I hear it in Rap music, I hear it on the streets in Boston - I hear them yelling it over the crowd to one another, I hear them using it on the trains, I hear it in black films by black film makers, I see in Twitter responses among black Rappers...yes...for the most part. I doubt everyone in the world uses like such as the people I mentioned in my post which you must have skipped over....but those people aren't vocal enough when it is used to insist it be stopped.

My husband refuses to use that word at all and he wont tolerate anyone using it in his presence.

What in world are you saying about me? You got wrong idea about me.

I'm college student and got around with many different people. I used to had full time job for 4 years at retail and got deal with many angry, unhappy customers, even I had deal with troubled teens. I don't live in sheltered as you thought. I know about black people very well because I went to school with majority black population in past and there are much larger black population in my state, about 3 times larger than state of Massachusetts because much of black population are historically from southern states.

I don't see your definition as common in my state, even not all black people are same as you mentioned. I agree with Reba and The Highlander above. There are white punks - more popular among young white people, so black gangsters are popular among young black people, but many older black people don't like gangster style, hate sagging, etc. I lived in DC before and it wasn't same as you said, except for some younger blacks.

Many films are fake so you shouldn't use Hollywood films as reference about black people in real life.

Black music videos, rap music, and films aren't how most black people live, any more than most white music videos and films are accurate portrayals of average white people.

Street life is always the lowest common denominator in an urban community.

Have you been into the churches and homes of black people? Have you attended their weddings, deaths, and funerals? Have they been your neighbors, clients, teachers and co-workers? Do you have black relatives and friends?

I can say yes to all the above. I haven't lived a sheltered life.

Yes, I agree with you.

I went to black church before, even black funeral too.

I don't live a sheltered life as Laura thought.

Lau's point is there is a double standard on the word usage and, rightly or wrongly, there should not be a double standard,. Many people of color support that point of view in the belief there should not be a double standard. I agree, but that's easier said than done.

Reba's statement is correct that you cannot take a whole group of people and label them according to certain, "street" culture. However, this really depend on the time period. A non-gentrified city is going to be very close knit and those views will be prevalent in some sections, if not all.

To be sure, the food network bases decisions on ratings, not morality or a person's physical health.

Let's not forget the case at hand, the question is, "did Paula Dean cross the line in the workplace". I think the answer to that is yes, based on current laws.

Having said that, do you want Paula Deen leading your group of employees? I can't say I would want her for a manager.

Shel90...knowing your husband is black....someone did ask why it's OK if blacks call each other the "N" word...but it's not OK for whites to do the same?....Would ur husband comment on this?...As I would like to know the answer too...thank you!

And it does seem we do not have many Black or African=Americans here at AD ?

Shel90...knowing your husband is black....someone did ask why it's OK if blacks call each other the "N" word...but it's not OK for whites to do the same?....Would ur husband comment on this?...As I would like to know the answer too...thank you!

And it does seem we do not have many Black or African=Americans here at AD ?

We do have some black members in AD, XBGMER, Jazzy and other black woman from Ohio.

Lau's point is there is a double standard on the word usage and, rightly or wrongly, there should not be a double standard,. Many people of color support that point of view in the belief there should not be a double standard. I agree, but that's easier said than done.
Of course, a double standard is wrong.

If any black chefs on Food Network are caught using racist or sexist language with their employees or on their programs, then Food Network can let them go, too.

It's the intention and use if the word that really gives it meaning. Why they have decided that it's synonymous with brother/buddy/pal/mate.....I have no idea. Maybe it's taking a derogatory term and taking its power away, giving it new meaning for them......but anyway, Deen most certainly wasn't using it like that. It's not really a double standard per se since the meaning if the word is different when used by different people.

It's good she apologized. But I really think she got dumped since she developed diabetes and became a walking billboard for what that high fat, high sugar diet will do for you.

This was just the excuse.

I don't watch her show. In the pictures she looks like she has lost a lot of weight. Sounds like she has plenty of money and can retire comfortably.

Back