Ntid

Endymion said:
Many community colleges do a much better job of teaching than large four-year schools

I think that it makes a sense, and you are right about that.

webexplorer said:
LovelyBlkGal - Maybe, you gotta go back to school and correct your spellings. tsk tsk. Not really a big deal. accpet - accept , lotts - lots. Maybe, you are from south state. :cheers:

O_o i m not from south state i m from east state :nana: and no one prefect with WORD :-P

:applause: Congrats!!! :applause: I am so proud of you!!

Good Luck with your future (college)

Congratulations!

Good school with 3 different worlds to experience .. Deaf, HOH, and Hearing. Good food but so brrrr winters there lol.

However, I am going to start with community college for a year.
Community college is good prep for the academic part of higher education.
However, I think that you should also try to see if you can somehow become involved in the social part of NITD before you actually go there.
Social issues for transfer students are NOT FUN, to put it mildly. Even kids who are really socially adapt have tons of trouble. I did myself. I still feel awful about that. Does NITD have an orientation for new students? If so....GO to this year's one.

Am I right in saying that NTID offers two year-degrees?

Does that make NTID similar to community colleges, though not necessarily a community college?

deafdyke said:
Community college is good prep for the academic part of higher education.
However, I think that you should also try to see if you can somehow become involved in the social part of NITD before you actually go there.
Social issues for transfer students are NOT FUN, to put it mildly. Even kids who are really socially adapt have tons of trouble. I did myself. I still feel awful about that. Does NITD have an orientation for new students? If so....GO to this year's one.

well, I don't have friends at high school and that community college in Northwestern ct says that I need more social life just because a lot of college work will be putting my physical disability under pressure.

I might try to visit ntid but the only problem is transportation and aides for taking care of me.

Endymion said:
Am I right in saying that NTID offers two year-degrees?

Does that make NTID similar to community colleges, though not necessarily a community college?
It is a regular college like RIT.

NTID offers three degrees: diploma, AOS, and AAS. AAS is three years because many deaf people have low reading and writing skills. I think most deaf students finish their school in four years. But, I am not sure how much they change this year and a few years ago. Sorry, there is no Bachelor of Arts (BA) at NTID - pretty embarrassing.

If you want to transfer from NTID to RIT, you must receive an AAS degree - not AOS. I was thinking of spelling the abbreviation for AAS, not ASS - oops. :giggle:

I think that the AOS is very limited taking classes at RIT with interpreters such advanced in math, and a few classes. But, it cannot be involved with RIT degree. All RIT students (and NTID with AAS) are required to take liberal arts in order to receive AAS, BA, etc.

Last edited:
webexplorer said:
NTID offers three degrees: diploma, AOS, and AAS. AAS is three years because many deaf people have low reading and writing skills. I think most deaf students finish their school in four years. But, I am not sure how much they change this year and a few years ago. Sorry, there is no Bachelor of Arts (BA) at NTID - pretty embarrassing.

If you want to transfer from NTID to RIT, you must receive an AAS degree - not AOS. I was thinking of spelling the abbreviation for AAS, not ASS - oops. :giggle:

Diploma at NTID? I am thinking of AAS in graphics then transfer to RIT or UConn.

I am not sure, but I noticed a few students that I know that they transferred to RIT directly from their community college (?) or university instead of entering NTID. It is more likely that it has to do with their test skills that meet the college's requirement.

oh really? Does that mean that I might go to RIT after attending NWCC? I thought that NTID was a REGULAR COLLEGE just like ANY OTHER COLLEGES :confused:

rjr2006 said:
Diploma at NTID? I am thinking of AAS in graphics then transfer to RIT or UConn.

Well, it is more important that you have the good skill no matter which college do you want to attend. Does UConn have the equipment or education that meet your needs?

RIT is an important role for Kodak Company because the company was famous in the old days. Have you ever visited at Rhode Island School of Design? You have to think fast and ask somebody (alive person, not on this forum) about which college is the right for you. NTID/RIT is just good as all right. It is somewhat not perfect. It is my own opinion. Please do not take my advise.

rjr2006 said:
oh really? Does that mean that I might go to RIT after attending NWCC? I thought that NTID was a REGULAR COLLEGE just like ANY OTHER COLLEGES :confused:

ssshhh - it is just like high school. But, I don't know about nowadays. I could be wrong about that.

webexplorer said:
I am not sure, but I noticed a few students that I know that they transferred to RIT directly from their community college (?) or university instead of entering NTID. It is more likely that it has to do with their test skills that meet the college's requirement.

That probably would be it.

Vampy, do you have any suggestions and that my VR counselor said that NTID is fastest just like ANY COLLEGE?

webexplorer said:
Well, it is more important that you have the good skill no matter which college do you want to attend. Does UConn have the equipment or education that meet your needs?

RIT is an important role for Kodak Company because the company was famous in the old days. Have you ever visited at Rhode Island School of Design? You have to think fast and ask somebody (alive person, not on this forum) about which college is the right for you. NTID/RIT is just good as all right. It is somewhat not perfect. It is my own opinion. Please do not take my advise.
I didn't get accepted by uconn because I didn't reach college requirements. I know that uconn is starting to open ASL services by 2007 or beyond.

rjr2006 said:
I didn't get accepted by uconn because I didn't reach college requirements. I know that uconn is starting to open ASL services by 2007 or beyond.

Darn it. You probably have to go to NTID instead of RIT.

webexplorer said:
Darn it. You probably have to go to NTID instead of RIT.
yes and that my audiologist said that NTID would be better because I need more help with speech therapy.

rjr2006 said:
yes and that my audiologist said that NTID would be better because I need more help with speech therapy.

They have very good speech therapy. I highly recommend you to go your teacher's office for your speech therapy instead of class because I love that way which helped me to focus my speech.

Back