North Korea readying rockets to aim at U.S. targets, state media says

because the Japanese was bombing us.

and guess what? it basically ended WW2. it's a nice trump card to have to promote world peace. that's why no world war has ever happened again.
Do you think all nukes we have were made a long time ago? Anyway, we made nukes just in case, you know but that many is not necessary. That's my point. What I think is that we have so many because Russia has many of them as well. It sounds like a competition to me while other countries like UK, France and China have fewer than 300 nukes. So I think our government wasted alot of taxpayers' money on those unnecessary nukes since we don't need more than 300, do we?

Do you think all nukes we have were made a long time ago?
no I do not.

Anyway, we made nukes just in case, you know but that many is not necessary. That's my point. What I think is that we have so many because Russia has many of them as well.
one of the reasons why you're able to sit comfortably behind your computer and complain all you want without a fear of being invasion is because of thousands of nukes we have and a big fat defense budget. you've seen what happened who dared to attack us. the Japanese.... and now Islamic Fundamentalists. it was an obliteration.

:cool2:

It sounds like a competition to me while other countries like UK, France and China have fewer than 300 nukes.
have you considered the size of the country? if UK was as big as Russia or America... they'd have a lot more nukes.

beside... all the nukes in the world are most likely used to repel against incoming asteroid or alien invasion :cool2:

http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/110946-why-aliens-havent-came-back-yet.html

no I do not.

one of the reasons why you're able to sit comfortably behind your computer and complain all you want without a fear of being invasion is because of thousands of nukes we have and a big fat defense budget. you've seen what happened who dared to attack us. the Japanese.... and now Islamic Fundamentalists. it was an obliteration.

:cool2:

have you considered the size of the country? if UK was as big as Russia or America... they'd have a lot more nukes.

beside... all the nukes in the world are most likely used to repel against incoming asteroid or alien invasion :cool2:

http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/110946-why-aliens-havent-came-back-yet.html
China is also one of the superpowers and one of the biggest countries and yet they only have 240 nukes available. They don't make more than that because they don't want to waste money when they know their nukes will not be used.

I feel safe here because we have plenty of anti-missile systems, not because we have alot of nukes.

As for asteriods and alien invasion, non-nuclear missiles should be fine. If we use nukes to repel against them, radioactive would be everywhere in the air and could harm or kill humans on earth anyway.

China is also one of the superpowers and one of the biggest countries and yet they only have 240 nukes available. They don't make more than that because they don't want to waste money when they know their nukes will not be used.
is that a fact? did they say that?

btw - geographically, yes China is a very big country and it's approximately as big as USA with a population 4x of the USA population but..... half of its landmass is inhabitable. America has more habitable landmass than China does.

in case you haven't figured it out yet - think of China as America.... with half of America as unlivable. inhabitable.

btw - China as superpower country? yea lovely since most of its navy is from Cold War throwaway :lol: If I remembered it correctly.... China is technically not a superpower country but an emerging one. it's getting there but still far from it. probably another 15-20 years. the reason? many. but biggest one - it does not have a military capability to transport a large amount of troops and heavy equipments to wage a war against other country. UK can, China can't. Russian can. China can't.

and its military technology & capability is nowhere close to American, French, and British. its "Made in China" fighter jet would be shot down by our "Made in America" F-22 long long long before they see us in their radar.

I feel safe here because we have plenty of anti-missile systems, not because we have alot of nukes.
what? anti-missile system? it doesn't work. it never have. plain and simple. it's just for a decoration.

As for asteriods and alien invasion, non-nuclear missiles should be fine. If we use nukes to repel against them, radioactive would be everywhere in the air and could harm or kill humans on earth anyway.
we currently do not have non-nuclear missiles and/or something else that would be as powerful as nuclear missiles. that's why we're spending billions, if not trillions, on weaponizing laser technology but it's nowhere as powerful as a nuclear weapon.

and beside.... what do you care? we're done for if an asteroid hits us or alien invades us.

fun reading jiros replies to crazypaul, Pual you really need to drop that name off, its REALLY standing out, Nukes have had a long history, well, its been with us since, 1943 or so, if you google the trinitiy experiement, the oppoheimerm the manhatten project, the cold war, the spies and all that, its was back they wen the 'race' to show off the MIGHT and Poweer with number of nukes and at that time, capialism was still being questioned and communism was not even 40 years old back in the 50's, there was a LOT of misunderstanding about politics and power....and what arms means, and there were a lot of undeveloped countries, now regretfully as the west have helped some of the east to catch up in trades (and technology) then now 'they have caught up with the know -how of advanced technology , this is NUKES. for medicine, electricity, and then there was also increased intolerance not just capitalism but of culture and religion...
so here some nutter decided to brainwash all off their own countries people there (who are largely not so bright due to rubbish schooling) with false promises for more riches to be like america, and well their culture is very harsh, women still get stoned, etc etc
its just not gonna work, everything like that has pissed off the rules and generals in those other countries, and they just plain jealous...and so they decide to go against america...btu then america isnt the only innocent country either (look at Vietnam 0 that was the scare about domino effect of communism it got so bloody why? everyone underestimated just how many people there was over there in southeast asia...

blah

history is just something you would have to sign up and do a high school course, and then night classes, then just maybe you might begin to understand. it is really a complicated stuff.

and for nukes, i agree with Jiro, its way too dangerous and for that no body is going to use it...
where thats big cartoon of the tiny jong dickhead running up and throwing a faulty nuke to the foot of the giant american soilder?
that is EXactly what it is like, that little man sydrome cartoon up here scroll ...

Jong someone (i dont care for his name) is just a dickhead who going to embarrass himself in front of the whole planet, so stop worrying

just roll up that joint and go play some Quake 3 on a Lan.

Hey now all this talk about the aliens being the enemy. They just want to eat Chinese plastic plates and pretend to be humans.

Now I should be worried about asteroids but the meteor strike that is a way bigger concern for me. It is for my employers as well. They make me wear a hard hat when there is nothing above me and nothing around me so I know it is true. So like a good employee I keep an eye out for meteors. I have not been hit by one yet.

Which brings me back to real danger. People are the real danger. We have just put thousands of semi-automatic weapons into the hands of right wingers. That concerns me more than nukes.
Nuts with guns from my own country will kill more of us than nuts with guns from other countries.

As far as how many nukes any country has, no one knows for sure.

...We have just put thousands of semi-automatic weapons into the hands of right wingers. That concerns me more than nukes....
I guess that means you need to worry about me now. I recently got one of those semi-automatic weapons for my birthday, and I would be considered by most people here to be a right winger. :D

I don't yet have my own nuke.

Wirelessly posted

Run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me....I'm the gingerbread man. Is what comes to mind.

We all know the moral to that story.

2ioz9f.jpg

I doubt we will have anything to worry about. Their military and technology is primitive compared to ours. If they launch their rockets, we'll stop it. Even our weakest rocket could probably wipe out their entire country! What's left? The whole country will be renamed Korea after it's taken over by South Korea. ;)

I guess that means you need to worry about me now. I recently got one of those semi-automatic weapons for my birthday, and I would be considered by most people here to be a right winger. :D

I don't yet have my own nuke.

I thought you might pick up on that :lol:

Still out of all those people buying these semi-automatics as fast they can manufacture them there will be some wackos. The most likely wackos to use these things on other people are ones who have beliefs that make it possible to do so-- the right wing rocks for that.

There is a direct line from rhetoric and escalation of weapons availability to the use of those weapons. I am not blind to the facts why we want to prevent Iran and North Korea from having useable nukes. Those same facts apply right here at home in our town USA.

I doubt we will have anything to worry about. Their military and technology is primitive compared to ours. If they launch their rockets, we'll stop it. Even our weakest rocket could probably wipe out their entire country! What's left? The whole country will be renamed Korea after it's taken over by South Korea. ;)

that's the thing. it's not about America obliterating North Korea or whether or not if NK's military technology is primitive. it's about North Korea being able to obliterate Seoul very easily. Seoul is equivalent to NYC + DC + LA combined that makes up a huge population of Korea and power. NK's got plenty of destructive power to obliterate Seoul and USA can't stop it. not even with anti-missile technology or F-22.

so if both Koreas start fighting with each other... there's nothing left afterward.

.... and now Islamic Fundamentalists. it was an obliteration.

I'm not getting into yours and crazy's discussion. I just had a SMALL problem with the quoted above. A lot of our boys didn't make it home... a lot.

4488 fallen soldiers Iraq War (plus over 100,000 injured)

Other Coalition Troops - Iraq 319
US Military Deaths - Afghanistan 2184
Other Military Deaths - Afghanistan 1081
Contractor Employee Deaths - Iraq 1,487
Journalists - Iraq 348
Academics Killed - Iraq 448

A grand total of 10,355 Americans.

I don't know man... I don't think I can call that an obliteration.

I thought you might pick up on that :lol:

Still out of all those people buying these semi-automatics as fast they can manufacture them there will be some wackos. The most likely wackos to use these things on other people are ones who have beliefs that make it possible to do so-- the right wing rocks for that.
The left wing is well armed; they just don't talk about it. You'd be surprised at how many "more gun control" advocates have their own guns.

My only complaint now is that I can't buy any magazines for my new gun. I have only the one that it came with. There are none available; all sold out and not even available for back order. :(

Blame the right wing nut cases!

I'm not getting into yours and crazy's discussion. I just had a SMALL problem with the quoted above. A lot of our boys didn't make it home... a lot.

4488 fallen soldiers Iraq War (plus over 100,000 injured)

Other Coalition Troops - Iraq 319
US Military Deaths - Afghanistan 2184
Other Military Deaths - Afghanistan 1081
Contractor Employee Deaths - Iraq 1,487
Journalists - Iraq 348
Academics Killed - Iraq 448

A grand total of 10,355 Americans.

I don't know man... I don't think I can call that an obliteration.

yes I know. I lost my childhood friend in Iraq and nearly my best friend in Afghanistan.

that's the price we pay for obliterating a country. I vaguely recall that there was a math formula somewhere from Pentagon think tank team about the human cost of war.

however - the difference is... the human cost of war was very low to invade and obliterate those countries but it was the catastrophic miscalculation and poor planning that costed us dearly for post-war.

anyway - this is the definition of "obliteration" - government, infrastructure, economy, security, etc... all gone. refugees all over the place. those people in Iraq and Afghanistan lost a lot more than what we lost. that is an obliteration.

yes I know. I lost my childhood friend in Iraq and nearly my best friend in Afghanistan.

that's the price we pay for obliterating a country. I vaguely recall that there was a math formula somewhere from Pentagon think tank team about the human cost of war.

however - the difference is... the human cost of war was very low to invade and obliterate those countries but it was the catastrophic miscalculation and poor planning that costed us dearly for post-war.

anyway - this is the definition of "obliteration" - government, infrastructure, economy, security, etc... all gone. refugees all over the place. those people in Iraq and Afghanistan lost a lot more than what we lost. that is an obliteration.

My fraternity brother as well as one of my closest friends is in Afghanistan right now. He's been an officer out there for about five years now. He is very angry at the US right now and I don't blame him. His military contract is up in November. We can't wait for him to come home safe.

We will still disagree on the definition of what you meant with obliteration. I just can't view the middle east that way. We're still fighting them now.

My fraternity brother as well as one of my closest friends is in Afghanistan right now. He's been an officer out there for about five years now. He is very angry at the US right now and I don't blame him. His military contract is up in November. We can't wait for him to come home safe....
Your friend is angry at the whole country of the US, or he's angry with the government or military leadership, or something else?

The long tours of duty and repeat deployments are too much stress and strain for the military and their families.

Your friend is angry at the whole country of the US, or he's angry with the government or military leadership, or something else?

The long tours of duty and repeat deployments are too much stress and strain for the military and their families.

Military leadership.

I agree.

My fraternity brother as well as one of my closest friends is in Afghanistan right now. He's been an officer out there for about five years now. He is very angry at the US right now and I don't blame him. His military contract is up in November. We can't wait for him to come home safe.

We will still disagree on the definition of what you meant with obliteration. I just can't view the middle east that way. We're still fighting them now.

don't think of obliteration as in bombing a country flat and everything's done. it just means we literally destroyed it - everything to the point where that country requires an international assistance to be a self-sustained country.

that's why now we're fighting with insurgents, not a country because the country did not have army/police/government/etc to protect itself from insurgents. majority of insurgents are not even from the country we're fighting in.

that's what making it confusing for you.

Back