North Korea readying rockets to aim at U.S. targets, state media says

Standing in the middle of the road will get you killed (like a 1/2" tall squirrel).
Statements like this reaffirm my observations about the right wing nicely
Thanks fella.

any of youse in California, should take a holiday in texas, or further in the middle like colorado and stsy there for a couple weeks.

Me neither, and I have the feelings that he will go ahead press that tiny little red button anytime soon. He will fire them, but not sure if it is nuclear type or not. Im hoping that I am dead wrong on this one.

yup i dont trust this nutter in NK...its getting pretty bad

if he fired, id be a dud, otherwiise, just a mid-air collision with a faster missle and make a bloody big mess in the sky, a masssive fallout would follow...
bad enough, at its 'best case'

I do not see them saying that at all.

I took "themselves" to mean the government.

:thumbd:

I would highly recommend reading this interview at the link below. It sends a powerful message. The interview is from 1990 BEFORE all these crazy school shootings. Columbine is where it all started to change. The point is... restrictions are about to become a reality and this guy is telling us where we're headed.

Full Interview with Holocaust Survivor, Theodore Haas

Now... instead of trying to take away guns for the "better good", we need to turn our focus on healing our country. Our country is sick! We need to do something about our country's stance on mental health. Tackle the problem (policy changes and funding) where it lies instead of fighting it from afar (gun control).

Yeah, the issues Im not just focus on NK, but copycats. What if Iran has em and was waiting for somebody else to start so that they can start themselves. Hope it won't happen but the chances are there.

if he fired, id be a dud, otherwiise, just a mid-air collision with a faster missle and make a bloody big mess in the sky, a masssive fallout would follow...
bad enough, at its 'best case'

Statements like this reaffirm my observations about the right wing nicely
Thanks fella.
It has nothing to do with the right wing. It's a known fact that when squirrels try to cross the street they panic, stop in the middle of the street, and get hit by cars. If they had just continued on their way without hesitating, they'd be fine (usually).

Lighten up.

I took "themselves" to mean the government.

:thumbd:

I would highly recommend reading this interview at the link below. It sends a powerful message. The interview is from 1990 BEFORE all these crazy school shootings. Columbine is where it all started to change. The point is... restrictions are about to become a reality and this guy is telling us where we're headed.

Full Interview with Holocaust Survivor, Theodore Haas

Now... instead of trying to take away guns for the "better good", we need to turn our focus on healing our country. Our country is sick! We need to do something about our country's stance on mental health. Tackle the problem (policy changes and funding) where it lies instead of fighting it from afar (gun control).
Naw I am say just what I said the left wing is not putting out a message saying that the left wing gets to have all the guns and any kind of guns they want while everyone else does not. They are just plain not saying that.
Gun limits does not mean no guns. Only extremists take the arguments out there and turn them into that conclusion. It is their choice and all of that but it is simply not true.
I would like to point out that the rational among us have been pushing for more better mental health care. The right wing conservatives have been successfully stomping on that issue for decades. Why? Instead of hollering oh our precious right to have any kind of guns without intelligent oversight why are they adamantly fighting mental health care?
We spend billions to limit a nut in North Korea and then basically help nuts to play shoot em up among us here at home. Sorry Nitro my rational brain reels at this.

Once again to clarify myself - I am not and have not at any time been an advocate of no guns for every one.
No guns is as irrational in every way just as saying bring on every kind of gun for every one is irrational in every way.

It has nothing to do with the right wing. It's a known fact that when squirrels try to cross the street they panic, stop in the middle of the street, and get hit by cars. If they had just continued on their way without hesitating, they'd be fine (usually).

Lighten up.

I think we are all even here I accept that I got called a squirrel in response. :lol:

Naw I am say just what I said the left wing is not putting out a message saying that the left wing gets to have all the guns and any kind of guns they want while everyone else does not. They are just plain not saying that.
They are hypocrites who buy guns for themselves, and/or hire armed body guards but want to restrict the purchases of other Americans. Of course, that's because they are superior beings who will use their guns rationally whereas anyone who is conservative will go bonkers and go on killing sprees. (Ignoring the fact that most of the recent mass shootings have been apolitical in motive.)

Gun limits does not mean no guns. Only extremists take the arguments out there and turn them into that conclusion. It is their choice and all of that but it is simply not true.
You tell me what "gun limits" means to you.

I would like to point out that the rational among us have been pushing for more better mental health care.
Then that means I'm rational. :)

The right wing conservatives have been successfully stomping on that issue for decades. Why? Instead of hollering oh our precious right to have any kind of guns without intelligent oversight why are they adamantly fighting mental health care?
I don't see why you assume someone who supports the 2nd Amendment is against care for the mentally ill.

We spend billions to limit a nut in North Korea and then basically help nuts to play shoot em up among us here at home. Sorry Nitro my rational brain reels at this.
How do "we...help nuts to play shoot em up?"

U.S. Navy had Kinetic Energy Interceptors as "missile interceptors".. Go Navy! God bless America!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JURQYH669_g]Kinetic Energy Interceptors: Surface Navy - YouTube[/ame]

Test Prototype Missile Interceptor in 2008 year.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBMU6l6GsdM&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/ame]

Other test prototype missile interceptor

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6moykp96hAI]Japan TRDI Kinetic Energy Interceptor Missile Program Video - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I missed your response Reba. I do not know how to do the selective quoting. I have watched in shock and awe since the time of Reagan. That guy put thousands of crazies out on the streets. Mental health is at the top of every conservative politicians slash and cut list ever since. Now all of a sudden they are giving lip service to it. Good, it is long overdue to bring some sanity back into the system now follow up on it.
Limits are good, show me one single aspect of human life where limits do not come into rational application. Guns? No limits?

I have heard the whole thing about how it is some kind of example of hypocrisy that the President and his family has bodyguards. Whoa. I figure the guy is the number one target on the planet for a mindboggling number of people. He is a far more brave man than you give him credit for.

No limits on gun ownership puts guns into the hands of the mentally ill. The only way to keep them out of legal ownership by the mentally ill is by tracking. Of course tracking is bad so no tracking. Thus we have a circle of no solution. Thus we help give our crazies guns so they can play shoot em up among us.

U.S. sends missile defense to Guam

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RKMXnFtTiI]U.S. sends missile defense to Guam - YouTube[/ame]

I missed your response Reba. I do not know how to do the selective quoting. I have watched in shock and awe since the time of Reagan. That guy put thousands of crazies out on the streets. Mental health is at the top of every conservative politicians slash and cut list ever since. Now all of a sudden they are giving lip service to it. Good, it is long overdue to bring some sanity back into the system now follow up on it.
Limits are good, show me one single aspect of human life where limits do not come into rational application. Guns? No limits?
Who said no limits? I don't want "crazies" or criminals having access to guns.

You apparently don't know the same conservative people that I know.

I have heard the whole thing about how it is some kind of example of hypocrisy that the President and his family has bodyguards. Whoa. I figure the guy is the number one target on the planet for a mindboggling number of people. He is a far more brave man than you give him credit for.
No one begrudges the President having Secret Service protection (they are more than bodyguards). Also, it's not just the President. Many liberal politicians and celebrities have their own guns, yet publicly decry private ownership of guns by others.

The President may be the number one target to you but don't our own families deserve adequate protection?

No limits on gun ownership puts guns into the hands of the mentally ill. The only way to keep them out of legal ownership by the mentally ill is by tracking. Of course tracking is bad so no tracking. Thus we have a circle of no solution. Thus we help give our crazies guns so they can play shoot em up among us.
Please explain the statement in bold.

Also, how would that prevent the illegal ownership of guns by the mentally ill?

Who said no limits? I don't want "crazies" or criminals having access to guns.

You apparently don't know the same conservative people that I know.

No one begrudges the President having Secret Service protection (they are more than bodyguards). Also, it's not just the President. Many liberal politicians and celebrities have their own guns, yet publicly decry private ownership of guns by others.

The President may be the number one target to you but don't our own families deserve adequate protection?

Please explain the statement in bold.

Also, how would that prevent the illegal ownership of guns by the mentally ill?
I keep trying to see where those limits you say the right believes in are. If they do not say what they are that means no. So can you tell me you are on the right what limits do you think are acceptable?

I did not say the President is the number one target to me. I said he is that for others. I have zero desire to target any President.

Nowhere did I say anything about making it so our own families do not have adequate protection. That is you again. Once again please define what you see as adequate protection. What limits are acceptable to you?

Answer of what you placed in bold: The only way to sort out who is mentally ill and should not have guns is by invading their privacy and tracking their path through life. Of course that is a complex situation that takes away their constitutional rights. Cannot have that. Therefore it is bad and we have to give them legal access to the same weapons you have a right too.
This is not my idea this is what I see when I approach the subject as a constitutionally minded citizen. If I interpret the constitution the way that I read over and over that the right wing does there is no limits.

I did not create this situation. My constitutional rights are already infringed upon so I am not losing anything. I myself would prefer a left handed folding stock gas powered auto 12 gauge shotgun with a 10 round clip with quick change rifled barrel 16" long, for close in work. They have seriously infringed on my right to carry my weapon of choice. I manage to sleep at night anyway.

Although I do have occasional nightmares of a big fat man sitting in an electric cart looking crazy as can be pulling out his hogleg and gutshooting me in Walmart. I want my shotgun so I can blast him before he blasts me so I have to have it ready. The existing laws are infringing on my rights for what I consider to be adequate protection.

Last edited:
Whoa. I have been in this quicksand before. I will not win and I will not convince you of anything. By by.
I'm only asking you to clarify and back up your statements. How is that quicksand?

I'm not asking you to convince me of anything, nor do I expect to convince you of anything. But it's only fair to expect more explanation of the posting bombs that are dropped here and there.

Otherwise, it seems like you have no answers to my questions. :hmm:

Back