North Korea readying rockets to aim at U.S. targets, state media says

tumblr_m1kpktdGLL1qf04yf.gif

You missed logic behind this, that is why you are so keen over gun control.

If you have nothing on you, and everyone else has guns. You got no defense on your own and if you decided to start doing something stupid, your gonna be dead less than a second for sure.

That applies if US don't have any, and USSR have plenty, then we will be wiped out pretty much less than 12 hours. So wasted taxpayers money? Well not really because millions of lives have been saved because of this.

actually billions. well this entire planet.

This is what scares me, and that is exact what I am saying. If NK is idiot enough to press that red button, it is pretty much over less than 24 hours.

scared? nope not me. I know very well that there will be somebody within NK government that will prevent a madman from starting it. I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a coup d'etat when Kim Jong-Un wants to pull a trigger.

you should be more scared of your own government than NK starting a nuclear holocaust since our own government is already eroding away our rights. that is real and happening right now.... nuclear holocaust is not happening anytime soon.

No, what I was saying is that we shouldn't make too many nukes to save taxpayers' money. Like you said, they will not be used.

What a waste of money!

well I don't know if you have been through Cold War but the fear was very real. much scarier than 9/11. The fear got the best of them and their sense... and now we have to pay for the cost of their fear.

it's no different from you getting all scared from a mass shooting (which is very rare) and you wanted to ban the guns. just by demanding for gun ban laws and enacting it... it's a colossal waste of taxpayer's money.

it's called a knee-jerk reaction.

i remember my mother buying tins of food during cold war when cuba let off. she was cursing americans.

North Korea has no reliable ICBMs to strike the U.S., much less a miniaturized nuclear warhead to use on a missile. The only threat is within the western Pacific with an aircraft delivered "fat boy", or a lesser yield bomb or short range missile. BAD deterrent options for North Korea against a nation that can wipe them out thousands of times over.

Nuclear deterrence is more a political than a military armament, that's why they aren't readily used, more so as psychological clout to easily influence the politics of other nations. If the stupid decision to use nukes is made, you can assure another nuclear nation will respond with both sides losing. Thus the MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) term.

There are chances of unintentional misunderstand or mistake can happen. Its like he is holding his finger on the trigger. Are you sure no one is going to scare him which could cause him pull the trigger? It is just a saying. I am not saying it WILL happen. What I am saying is that we can not assume that that won't happen at 100%, but the chances are there.

And of course, I am scared of my own government! They are trying to pretend they are God.

scared? nope not me. I know very well that there will be somebody within NK government that will prevent a madman from starting it. I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a coup d'etat when Kim Jong-Un wants to pull a trigger.

you should be more scared of your own government than NK starting a nuclear holocaust since our own government is already eroding away our rights. that is real and happening right now.... nuclear holocaust is not happening anytime soon.

There are chances of unintentional misunderstand or mistake can happen. Its like he is holding his finger on the trigger. Are you sure no one is going to scare him which could cause him pull the trigger? It is just a saying. I am not saying it WILL happen. What I am saying is that we can not assume that that won't happen at 100%, but the chances are there.

And of course, I am scared of my own government! They are trying to pretend they are God.

you seem to think only Kim Jung Un can whip out a big red button and push it himself. the truth is... he'll have to go thru generals by issuing an order and no general would ever obey him.

there was an article published a while ago that like Pakistan, the "dictator" may be under pressure by generals to keep them happy as long as they're receiving money. if not... he will either get killed or arrested by generals.

well I don't know if you have been through Cold War but the fear was very real. much scarier than 9/11. The fear got the best of them and their sense... and now we have to pay for the cost of their fear.

it's no different from you getting all scared from a mass shooting (which is very rare) and you wanted to ban the guns. just by demanding for gun ban laws and enacting it... it's a colossal waste of taxpayer's money.

it's called a knee-jerk reaction.
WTF?
You said nobody's gonna use a nuke. So it means that all over the world, nukes would be useless. How much did we pay for those useless nukes? Over billions dollars?

North Korea provides the necessary drama to continue our military spending, then we pay for their act with aid. It has been going on for a long time.
Weird setup but it works. Russia helped them build a nuclear reactor and then we give them diesel to not use it and so on. I researched it all out once but ran out of brain space to give the situation.
I see Reverend Moon passed away last month. He was mixed up in that whole thing as well.
While I would like to agree with Jiro it is been my observation that it would be a future disaster to do so. It was the US ignoring the situation way back that allowed the future disaster that created this situation. It was a political lapse that helped drive the awareness and understanding for pursueing our leadership policies in the world now.

WTF?
You said nobody's gonna use a nuke. So it means that all over the world, nukes would be useless. How much did we pay for those useless nukes? Over billions dollars?

nope. you missed the point.

Don't BS me. :rifle:

if I have a nuke and you have a nuke... what does it mean? we're never gonna use it on each other because we both know it means the end of world.

capisce? or is it still too hard for you to comprehend it?

if I have a nuke and you have a nuke... what does it mean? we're never gonna use it on each other because we both know it means the end of world.

capisce? or is it still too hard for you to comprehend it?
Right, then why did we make nukes in the first place when we know nukes would mean the end of the world?

Right, then why did we make nukes in the first place when we know nukes would mean the end of the world?

because the Japanese was bombing us and our enemies were making nukes too. beside - at that time, a nuke doesn't mean an end of the world since nobody had it. now bunch of us have nukes so yes it would means an end of world... which is why nobody's using it.

it's a nice trump card to have to promote world peace. that's why no world war has ever happened again.

Back