just got back from the drs office

also..and i could be dead wrong but i SWEAR he was mimicking me waving at him..he totally did it twice..maybe we have all been wrong! but it cant be denied that he has been doing a lot better lately, in some areas. he has therapy several times this week, i cant wait to share this with them!!

also..and i could be dead wrong but i SWEAR he was mimicking me waving at him..he totally did it twice..maybe we have all been wrong! but it cant be denied that he has been doing a lot better lately, in some areas. he has therapy several times this week, i cant wait to share this with them!!

That's wonderful news! Keep at it, and stay positive. Your little guy is going to amaze you ;-)

Are you doing a baby book? I always wanted to, but haven't with either of my children. It would be great for you to start writing down some of these accomplishments. You guys will be able to look back one day and see how far he's come.

So good to see this! Sounds like he is making some good progress there. Blessings to you all.

nope..i read about that and i dont think he has that..it all seriously makes no sense. i am starting to wonder if we will ever know. the only thing i found that comes close is fragile x syndrome, and he has a lot of the characteristics of it..but we shall see. he has his genetic testing at the end of the month. the thing i dont understand is how he can walk, and he learned on time...but thats it. i have noticed though that he cant climb onto things or run..i dont know if thats a big deal or not though.

With the quick progress he is making now, it may turn out to be something minor that simply needed the right environment to be overcome.

frankiepants11.jpg

i wish that were the case! he has a lot of therapy ahead of him, but thats ok..we will do it together. here is a picture i took of him while we were out today..he is so good at leaving his hearing aids alone!
:aw:

thank you!!
i will be SO glad when he learns to smile more..but hes still my pretty little frankie.
:D :D

What a precious little guy! Love the curls!

I know he has a lot of therapy in his treatment plan right now. But he may surprise you given the right therapuetic environment. He may make progress faster than they plan on. (fingers crossed)

im hoping!!
i am really interested in how they will help his facial muscles and fine motor skills.

im hoping!!
i am really interested in how they will help his facial muscles and fine motor skills.

The facial muscles with specific exercises. They will teach you to do them with him at home, too. The fine motor skills are often addressed with toys and games that require a child to use, for instance, grasping skills and then move to grasping with pincher fingers.

oh good! i am glad there is SOMETHING we can do about that. as far as toys and stuff, if they can get him interested in them, that will be a huge start. ive noticed one thing though...he loves different textures..he loves water, carpet, and i caught him running his hands through the litter box..gross! luckily we had just changed it but at least there ARE things that capture his attention.

LOL @ the litterbox. (I have 5 cats, so I can only imagine.)

Back