Homeowner killed the fleeing female burglar

They aim for anyone that poses a threat. You shoot to stop the threat, and in the heat of the moment, you don't always know if it's a knife, a gun or an acid attack. All have been used in home invasions....even unarmed intruders have been able to kill the occupants with kitchen knives, wires, or pillows to suffocate their victims (many times children who can't fight back).... so a threat is a threat.

There's been more than a number of home invasions when the assailant has attacked and raped their victims in front of children and then killed the child too. If you break into a home, you've demonstrated your intent to harm and self defense is justified.

When I lived in Berkeley someone broke into my home ,nothing was taken I think they got scared off . I called the cops and when they got to my house one cop told if a person break into your house in broad day light they'll most kill if you're home. I got a dog after that to warn me if someone is around my home.

Whaaaaat..? Most burglars are after material goods, not people.

Hello! Burglars will try to rob your home when you're sleeping or watching TV . If a home owner happen to get walk into their house while it being robbed they could get killed , why do you think people keep guns in their homes or pack heat.

Yes sir
or East is worst. (Ill side )

why do you think I moved to the sticks...lol

Same here, I moved to the sticks in 2005 after years of living in inner suburb with rise of crime rate, subprime mortgage, rise of Section 8 properties, bad school and white flight in northeastern part of Birmingham. In Birmingham, most bad area is in northern part and western part of city limit, along with declining of suburb, but some decline are in progress in southern suburb as well.

One time,when I was single and living with a roommate someone broke into our apt and left a huge knife with ketchup on it on my bed. Our stuff in our apt was destroyed. It was an awful experience.

Perfect example of advertisement of sentimental value within that specific property.. a tempting opportunity for will be thieves. What that means is that it is really telling burglar that they have something so valuable worthing trying to break in.

I was thinking the same thing! Having sign saying you have burglar alarm is best way of showing you have something worth stealing and saying what kind of burglar alarm you have mean the burglar could know just how to shut it off. I think it' crazy advertising you have a burglar alarm , you should let the burglar find out for their self . It will surprise the hell out of them when the burglar alarm goes off and they might just run off.

I was thinking the same thing! Having sign saying you have burglar alarm is best way of showing you have something worth stealing and saying what kind of burglar alarm you have mean the burglar could know just how to shut it off. I think it' crazy advertising you have a burglar alarm , you should let the burglar find out for their self . It will surprise the hell out of them when the burglar alarm goes off and they might just run off.

I think its not the owner, its the company wanting free advertisement.

Alarm works 24/7. Gun no...you are deaf so how can you hear them breaking in? Bang bang your head while you are sleeping. DUH!

Then you would not hear the alarm go off and if might not scarce the burglar off and bang bang you're dead. You can train to wake you up. My hearing dog woke me up when my alarm clock when off , my dog Marty woke me up when I fell a sleep on the couch while watching TV and I did not hear my daughter and granddaughter ringing the bell or knocking on my door.
Marty jumped up on me and bounce all over me to wake me up. I got a dog after someone tried to job me and my home was never broken into again.

The female burglar could have been shot at any time possibly. A homeowner could have been alerted to her presence and shot her upon entry.

CP...basically you are crazy if you believe hitting a leg or arm is easy. When people aim, they aim for the kill. It's me or them. I chose me.

So basically, people have two choices:

http://thearmedcitizen.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/woman-defending-herself5-580x306.jpg

The red spot is right in the middle of the body not an arm or leg like CP is saying. You get a 'Ten' for hitting the red spot . When I shot an arrow for the first time I got a bull eye! I would had been good with a gun.

dirtybirdshadowtarget.jpg

Well, you don't have ADT either. What makes you special?

BTW, the burglars notice that you don't have ADT but your neighbors do.
The burglars can't tell if I have it or not. The sign posted outdoor or on the window is optional. Those who posted it want the burglars to be warned so it's up to the burglars to break in if they think it's fake. BTW, an alarm system with video surveillance is best. It can alert you through your mobile device and you will be able to see the video on the device. Everything is possible today. Of course you have to pay more if you want everything.

That's a homeowner's choice to have it or not. A dog is man's best friend like DHB said. However, some people like my kids are allergic to dogs.

The female burglar could have been shot at any time possibly. A homeowner could have been alerted to her presence and shot her upon entry.

CP...basically you are crazy if you believe hitting a leg or arm is easy. When people aim, they aim for the kill. It's me or them. I chose me.

So basically, people have two choices:

http://thearmedcitizen.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/woman-defending-herself5-580x306.jpg
PFFFT! Of course you legally kill an intruder to defend yourself/family. Remember the old man who killed two teen burglars, he's currently in prison. Know why? It was not self-defense so...

Obviously, you never live in rural area.

Just other anti-gun ignorant who got paid by Feinstein.

If I move to CA, I will have guns, PERIOD and you aren't going change me because I have constitutional rights to arm the gun for my protection.

Feel free to call CHP or LA Sheriff all you want but they can't do anything if I don't break any laws.
Who cares?

States with Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine Laws

My state has Castle Doctrine that is good to know.

The Castle Doctrine and “stand-your-ground” laws are affirmative defenses for individuals charged with criminal homicide. The Castle Doctrine is a common law doctrine stating that an individual has no duty to retreat when in his or her home, or “castle,” and may use reasonable force, including deadly force, to defend his or her property, person, or another. Outside of the “castle,” however, an individual has a duty to retreat, if able to do so, before using reasonable force.
That means you can't shoot a fleeing person outside of your home because you have a duty to retreat back into your home.

That's why the DA will decide if the 80 yrs old man had a duty to retreat or not.

Back