Homeowner killed the fleeing female burglar

I didn't know there were systems for renters. Hmm next time I move out I'll have to look into that and check out the costs of it. Wouldn't some apartment complexes though have something in the lease not allowing such things (thinking installation etc)?

I hope the 80 year old guy does not go to jail. I'm sure he was really really scared. This couple broke into his house when he was home. They need to show people that if you break the law and go into someones "safe place" you could be shot. It's the chance you take for breaking the law.

I didn't know there were systems for renters. Hmm next time I move out I'll have to look into that and check out the costs of it. Wouldn't some apartment complexes though have something in the lease not allowing such things (thinking installation etc)?

Only if the landlord ok's the work to be done. Since the renter really has no say, sometimes the landlord will ok the install but depending on who is actually the owner of the product or who pay the costs.

Only if the landlord ok's the work to be done. Since the renter really has no say, sometimes the landlord will ok the install but depending on who is actually the owner of the product or who pay the costs.
yeah that's what I was thinking. My first apartment in CO they were actually cool with me putting a doorbell up (hooked to the sonic alert doorbell flasher)- they actually drilled through the wall for the wire to go from outside to inside. Never charged me for the hole when I moved out (I did spackle it lol) but nailed me for a water damaged corner of the carpet that wasn't even my doing.

Others I've dealt with were stricter on what one could do with the apartment.

Hm haven't had a doorbell flasher since then. Not like anyone visited me regularly anyway...

yeah that's what I was thinking. My first apartment in CO they were actually cool with me putting a doorbell up (hooked to the sonic alert doorbell flasher)- they actually drilled through the wall for the wire to go from outside to inside. Never charged me for the hole when I moved out (I did spackle it lol) but nailed me for a water damaged corner of the carpet that wasn't even my doing.

Others I've dealt with were stricter on what one could do with the apartment.

Hm haven't had a doorbell flasher since then. Not like anyone visited me regularly anyway...

Wow, and the apartment (my first) someone upstairs let the tub run over all day and damaged the ceiling/walls in my apartment ( I was on the first floor) I lost my security deposit for some stupid punk upstairs.
wasnt even my fault.

Wow, and the apartment (my first) someone upstairs let the tub run over all day and damaged the ceiling/walls in my apartment ( I was on the first floor) I lost my security deposit for some stupid punk upstairs.
wasnt even my fault.

HUH? How on earth could that had ben your fault? You should had taken your landlord to court . I took mine to court when he would not give back my security deposit and I won . My landlord was pissed off. He said left the apartment a mess but he was there when I was cleaning it up and he kept telling me I was going a great job. I told the judge that and he ruled in my favor.

There are wireless systems that don't require installation. (That is, not wiring, no nail holes.) Anyone can buy them and set them up. They can be remotely monitored or not. There are also portable motion sensor alarm systems, such as people use when staying in motels.

My brother is a renter and he has wireless cameras in his apartment that he can monitor remotely.

There are wireless systems that don't require installation. (That is, not wiring, no nail holes.) Anyone can buy them and set them up. They can be remotely monitored or not. There are also portable motion sensor alarm systems, such as people use when staying in motels.

My brother is a renter and he has wireless cameras in his apartment that he can monitor remotely.
VERY good to know! Thank you.. that might make my momma feel better lol (she worries still :P).

re the carpet.. for me it was just a small corner of the living room- I THINK there was some kind of leak coming from the outside because I know I never had any kind of water there. I paid for a steam cleaner (of my own free will worth the money) to try to take care of it anyway. They still dinged me for 27.00 (or thereabouts) but if I remember I think I got the security deposit back interestingly LOL. Wasn't worth the hassle as by that time I was 2 time zones away in another state.

I don't know why you keep posting about security systems that you don't even use yourself.
Example; I don't have a Honda Accord but I recommend it to everyone since I read good reports about it and heard from my friends. Is there something wrong with that? I don't see how it's your business to tell me what to post and what not to post. I hope you agree this time. Please move on.

Then why are you against guns? It was meant for these scumbags whenever they physically threaten with harm or death on somebody.
Who told you that I am against guns? Are you getting old? I am only against assault weapons that were used in mass murders.

What's more, the intruder beat up the lady IN her home, she'd have rights to kill him as self-defense if she had guns (not including assault weapons :roll:).

Who told you that I am against guns? Are you getting old? I am only against assault weapons that were used in mass murders....
You do realize that so-called "assault weapons" are not the only weapons used in mass murders, and that very few "assault weapons" are used for murder? Most owners and users shoot their weapons for legal reasons, not murder.

Can you count the stars in the sky?

It is equilivent to how many assault guns are actually out there.

Even with trillions of assault weapons out there, how are you gonna get all of them and destroy them? Law can't destroy all of them, and very unrealistic, also there are too many people KNOW how to build one, how solve that problem? Law CAN'T take somebody's knowledge how to build one, even crooks too, there are plenty of crooks out there knowing how to build one, how can law prevent that?

I have worked in machine shop for 5 years, and have seen how they made parts for military assault weapons, tell ya, it is NOT hard to make! It was rather simple, you could turn any gun with built in recoil ability into machine gun! How? Just make a part where they just hold up a tooth to allow instant recoil powered by ammo! No batteries needed! The most difficult part of gun to build is the barrel itself. Most of the stress on firearms is the barrel itself, making one the wrong way can kill the shooter (Barrel can explode). Making barrel involves stringent quality control steps, and there are STILL people out there knowing how to make barrels the right way.

Lastly, never assume somebody's knowledge on firearms, assume itself can be deadly!

Lets say, you live on street with posted speed limit of 25MPH, and discovered a teenager drove his car on your street doing 90MPH, what are you gonna do? make your local law decrease speed limit to 20MPH from 25MPH is going to work and stop him from doing 90MPH?

Use your HEAD!

Who told you that I am against guns? Are you getting old? I am only against assault weapons that were used in mass murders.

What's more, the intruder beat up the lady IN her home, she'd have rights to kill him as self-defense if she had guns (not including assault weapons :roll:).

Not going to touch this because it's same ole' tiresome regurgitations.

Can you count the stars in the sky?

It is equilivent to how many assault guns are actually out there.

Even with trillions of assault weapons out there, how are you gonna get all of them and destroy them? Law can't destroy all of them, and very unrealistic, also there are too many people KNOW how to build one, how solve that problem? Law CAN'T take somebody's knowledge how to build one, even crooks too, there are plenty of crooks out there knowing how to build one, how can law prevent that?

I have worked in machine shop for 5 years, and have seen how they made parts for military assault weapons, tell ya, it is NOT hard to make! It was rather simple, you could turn any gun with built in recoil ability into machine gun! How? Just make a part where they just hold up a tooth to allow instant recoil powered by ammo! No batteries needed!

Lastly, never assume somebody's knowledge on firearms, assume itself can be deadly!

Lets say, you live on street with posted speed limit of 25MPH, and discovered a teenager drove his car on your street doing 90MPH, what are you gonna do? make your local law decrease speed limit to 20MPH from 25MPH is going to work and stop him from doing 90MPH?

Use your HEAD!

Yep, its amazing what someone can build if they have access and the knowledge to a full machine shop...
I built a few things from blueprints and its really not hard, just takes a little time to complete.

Why not? Go ahead buy more assault weapons. Its gonna scare crooks and make them wet their pants.

feeling-lucky.png

Back