Homeowner killed the fleeing female burglar

Wow, don't you read what happened in the incident? When she said "I am pregnant" while trying to flee, he shot her twice. He didn't kill her for self-defense. That's why the DA thinks about charging him for murder. Don't argue with me if he is charged for murder. OK?

So if it was you breaking in and a homeowner pulled a gun on you... are you gonna yell "Im deaf"?
BANG!

I have no sympathy for people who steal. Living that kind of lifestyle involves risky behavior. The woman gambled and she lost. If she was a law-abiding citizen who earned money the honest way, then she wouldn't have died.

When one chooses the criminal life, they increase their chances of getting killed.

Civilians can order a cop to arrest anyone...and they are no where near the law.
get your head straight before commenting or do a little research.
Wow! Didn't you know that civilians (especially black people) wanted him arrested but the cops won't arrest him until the DA ordered the cops after the investigation?

Only when a civilian wants a person to be charged, the person will be charged within a reason.

Wow! Didn't you know that civilians (especially black people) wanted him arrested but the cops won't arrest him until the DA ordered the cops after the investigation?

Only when a civilian wants a person to be charged, the person will be charged within a reason.

That's ironic of you supported Zimmerman but don't support others, so it made you weird.

That's ironic of you supported Zimmerman but don't support others, so it made you weird.
Zimmerman is not guilty because he was in self-defense.

The 80 yrs old man killed her because he wanted her to die, not because he was in self-defense.

That's two different situations.

If he's charged for second-degree murder or manslaughter or whatever, don't be shocked.

Research.....its your best friend....google
Did you ever take law?
Everyone has to follow protocal....

Research.....its your best friend....google
Did you ever take law?
Everyone has to follow protocal....
If he will be charged of murder or something like that, that's good news. That's all I can say. Whatever you say means nothing to me (actually 99% of the times).

I just saw the video and read the article on CNN just now, and man, some serious conflicting feelings are going through me right now. I can understand him taking a stand and shooting them in his home, but he didn't need to pursue them and keep shooting at them, but instead should've let police officers and detectives find and arrest them.

Then again, he had been burglarized previous times and he was probably thinking he needed to chase them and put them down to prevent it from happening in the future, but again, he really should've let professionals handle it once he got them out of his home. I imagine his blood was up and he was angry and scared, so more than likely that was why he decided to pursue and keep shooting at them in retaliation for their trespass and assault.

I'm not sure he should be charged with murder, though. He's too old to rehabilitate and putting him in prison won't serve anything. The justice system might want to use him as an example to prevent anyone in the future from chasing and murdering thieves, but I doubt that'd work in the end.

I just saw the video and read the article on CNN just now, and man, some serious conflicting feelings are going through me right now. I can understand him taking a stand and shooting them in his home, but he didn't need to pursue them and keep shooting at them, but instead should've let police officers and detectives find and arrest them.

Then again, he had been burglarized previous times and he was probably thinking he needed to chase them and put them down to prevent it from happening in the future, but again, he really should've let professionals handle it once he got them out of his home. I imagine his blood was up and he was angry and scared, so more than likely that was why he decided to pursue and keep shooting at them in retaliation for their trespass and assault.

I'm not sure he should be charged with murder, though. He's too old to rehabilitate and putting him in prison won't serve anything. The justice system might want to use him as an example to prevent anyone in the future from chasing and murdering thieves, but I doubt that'd work in the end.

In the article it stated that he has already been assaulted by them. I am sure he thought they were going to kill him.

In the article it stated that he has already been assaulted by them. I am sure he thought they were going to kill him.

I'm aware of that, and mentioned that in my post. Like I said, he had his blood up and was scared because of that assault. It was likely why he pursued them and continued firing at them. It's a natural human response, not that it was a good thing to do, a calmer mind would've realized that it'd be better to allow the professionals arrest them.

Age doesn't matter. There are many old people found guilty of wrongful doings. If the DA charges him, so be it.

Here's my thought of him. "I am so tired of being burglarized so many times. I don't care if you broke in my home before that or not, you still must die. Oh, you are pregnant. So what? BANG! BANG!". The good thing is that he admitted it to cops so wait and see if he will be charged or not.

I'm aware of that, and mentioned that in my post. Like I said, he had his blood up and was scared because of that assault. It was likely why he pursued them and continued firing at them. It's a natural human response, not that it was a good thing to do, a calmer mind would've realized that it'd be better to allow the professionals arrest them.

He probably thought the professionals wouldn't do much as it was the 4th time that he was burglarized. I have been a victim of burglary lately and the cops aren't doing anything about it. I am getting fed up hence making a thread about it.

No, they fled after he got a gun. If he got the gun and they still assaulted him, I would support him 100% that he shoots to kill in self-defense mode.

For Americans only... Our founding fathers never wanted our country to turn into police state. Having our society become dependent with police will certainly turn our country into police state. Our founding fathers would be extremely disappointed if this happened... yeah it already start to happen...

The truth is, if we wanted our society to be under control, we all must work together to keep peace, police aren't there for peace making.

He probably thought the professionals wouldn't do much as it was the 4th time that he was burglarized. I have been a victim of burglary lately and the cops aren't doing anything about it. I am getting fed up hence making a thread about it.

If you're really anti gun, then this is for you....

Store Ignores Obvious Signs, Goes Overboard With Its Anti-Gun Policy July 8, 2014 9:48 AM

takomasc-e1404795944818.jpg
Store Ignores Obvious Signs, Goes Overboard With Its Anti-Gun Policy

A furniture store in Takoma Park, Maryland that calls itself a “Weapons Free Environment” took its policy a bit too far on Independence Day.
That’s when a loss prevention officer at IKEA approached Alan Goldberg, who carried a visible, holstered firearm into the store, telling him he would have to leave the premises or place the weapon in his vehicle, according to NBC Washington.
The request caught Goldberg off guard: he is Takoma Park’s chief of police, and he was in uniform during his visit.
Goldberg was at the IKEA — a popular furniture store founded in Sweden — to shop with his college-bound daughter after having spent the morning working a July Fourth parade. He was also scheduled to work a fireworks display scheduled for later in the evening.
But none of that mattered to the store’s loss prevention officer, who approached Goldberg to inform him of IKEA’s zero-tolerance gun policy.
“He says we have a no firearms policy, and you’re either going to have to leave or you can lock your gun in the car,” Goldberg told NBC Washington.
The 35-year law enforcement veteran said he has never been asked to part with his service weapon before.
“It isn’t the most prudent thing to do to walk around the store in uniform with an empty holster,” Goldberg told the station. “And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That’s just ludicrous.”
Goldberg parked his shopping cart and left the store, but not before asking to view IKEA’s written policy. Management did not provide it at the time but released a statement to NBC Washington on Monday.
“We regret that there was a misunderstanding of our weapon policy in our College Park Store,” IKEA said in a statement. “Our weapon policy does not apply to law enforcement officers. We are taking steps to ensure that this is clear for all our co-workers.”
While Goldberg was angry enough over IKEA’s request on Friday to post about it on Facebook, he said he was satisfied by the store’s response on Monday.

Wait a minute...(breathing) Do you know what the home security is for? If your home has been burglarized, get one right away! How many homes in a town? How many cops in that town? You are crazy to expect a cop to watch your home every single day. When you report it to cops, they tell you to get a home security if you don't want it to happen again!

ADT Home Security - Current Offers

Most of my neighbors have it. If DHB says that he doesn't need it because he has guns, what if he's not home? PFFFT!

Really? Why police officers get above the policy? Why are policy favors one but not others?

“We regret that there was a misunderstanding of our weapon policy in our College Park Store,” IKEA said in a statement. “Our weapon policy does not apply to law enforcement officers. We are taking steps to ensure that this is clear for all our co-workers.”
While Goldberg was angry enough over IKEA’s request on Friday to post about it on Facebook, he said he was satisfied by the store’s response on Monday.

Back