Have any of you had bad experience with bee/wasp/hornet stings?

We went white rafting years back. I injured my knee badly and had to by helicopter lifted out. I had stepped on a wasp earlier that day. OMG the wasp pain was way more painful then my messed up knee.

Hubby got chased out of the back yard by a huge swarm of bees.

My youngest daughter got two big stings in the same day at school. Then I get a call that my other daughter got stung too.

Came home from work before my hubby. Went up to change in my master bedroom and heard a very strange noise. Then I saw a huge wasp coming through my celling. You could hear them in the walls. I closed the door and called the police. They were so helpful and found someone to come take care of it for me. They called them "paper wasps".

We had a crazy year for bees back then. I truly am not a fan of those little stingers.

don't think I've ever been stung by wasps or bees. But mosquitos are another story. And I'm allergic, the bites swell big, warm to the touch, ick.

My mom got stung by a wasp on the bottom of her foot. made walking awkward for a while there for her.

Had an old friend whose mother drowned while canoeing in a strong current river. When there is strong river there is a risk and you have to know what you're doing and where you're going in a path. A slight mistake could drown you. :(

We went white rafting years back. I injured my knee badly and had to by helicopter lifted out. I had stepped on a wasp earlier that day. OMG the wasp pain was way more painful then my messed up knee.

Smiles...at the thought of Angel calling the cops on the wasps. :lol: You rock Angel, sorry to hear about the injuries and stings too though ouch ouch ouch.

Had an old friend whose mother drowned while canoeing in a strong current river. When there is strong river there is a risk and you have to know what you're doing and where you're going in a path. A slight mistake could drown you. :(

We went with a guide, started up by Coloma. Water was moving really fast and it was super cold. There is one section of the trip where they tell you to get out, hold your knees to your chest and DO NOT go head down. So hubby was holding my hand, we got separated. I ended up going down head force so I dropped my legs to turn me around. I hit a huge rock. Someone had a tylenol with codeine, used ice from the cooler and continued down the river. That is when the helicopter met me. It was pretty crazy, but I would definitely like to do it again. Maybe when my daughter comes back.

Hubby got chased out of the back yard by a huge swarm of bees.

My youngest daughter got two big stings in the same day at school. Then I get a call that my other daughter got stung too.

Came home from work before my hubby. Went up to change in my master bedroom and heard a very strange noise. Then I saw a huge wasp coming through my celling. You could hear them in the walls. I closed the door and called the police. They were so helpful and found someone to come take care of it for me. They called them "paper wasps".

We had a crazy year for bees back then. I truly am not a fan of those little stingers.

Those Paper Wasps are commonly known as Yellow Jackets. Black and yellow striped, with yellow antennas, and a big mean stinger.

Wirelessly posted

Bees are really annoying, but I believe mosquitoes are much worser.

I live in a country full of them. Yeah they are even more annoying. For some reason mosquito like my face most; I wake up with bitten spot all over my face. Oh my, I hate going out looking looking that.-_-

Between I am fortunate not to have bee stung....yet. That is probably why I am scared of bees more than mosquitos.

I see signatures like his on other forums. Did you see "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)." on the bottom of signature option?

The real question Ambrosia was asking is why have your screen name in a signature picture? It's obvious if you look at the left who the user is. I mean is anyone going to think, "Hmm... I don't know who this user is and I don't want to look left"?

The real question Ambrosia was asking is why have your screen name in a signature picture? It's obvious if you look at the left who the user is. I mean is anyone going to think, "Hmm... I don't know who this user is and I don't want to look left"?

Let's put it this way-- it's called learning a new skill. You know that previously I couldn't figure out how ADers were getting pictures into threads without needing to download and save? Well, I figured that part out, as is obvious by the train thread I've been contributing to.

Wirelessly posted

AMEN TO THAT ONE.. Bees can be annoying but easily to get away from bees. Mosquitoes are IMPOSSIBLE to get away from me. They arre all over me like they were flirting my freaking blood. :ugh3:

I remember I had attack by bees stung on my face at my best friend's house at porch. My mom's friend saved my life. I didn't get any sting from bees on my face. Thank god! It was happened when I was 5 years old. I went out of town to park for picnic with my family. My grandma was not able to attend the picnic because she had a big swollen on her hand from wasp stung. I was playing with stick and wasp stung on my foot into a big swell. I can't wear flip & flop, shoes, sandal for few days.

I went to my mom's brother in law's house in country. The bee strug on my first finger. I went to kitchen and grabbed the tweezers to remove the string out of my finger. It was minor and not bad.

My dad is an allergy to bee strings. He had drink soda pop. The wasp attacked my dad's mouth cause allergy. That was terrible experienced!

Wirelessly posted

That is true! I hate the mosquitoes! I always put the deed repellent in my body before go outside, work on garden,watering the flowers, vegetables, fruits and herbals, playing with my son, ride in a bike, camping, bonfire. I'm so scare of West Niles mosquitoes. Watch out for West Niles Mosquitoes!

AMEN TO THAT ONE.. Bees can be annoying but easily to get away from bees. Mosquitoes are IMPOSSIBLE to get away from me. They arre all over me like they were flirting my freaking blood. :ugh3:

Me too and they don't bother my wife or my family. Just me. That's mean your blood have sweet like me. :mad:

I have-- back in 1993, when I was stung multiple times by a very aggressive Yellow Jacket. Then I got stung by a black and orange wasp in 2004-- twice, in the back of my back in a swimming pool. I drowned that one. Since that sting, nothing, although I nearly had deja vu with another Yellow Jacket a couple years ago (because I was wearing a yellow shirt at the time)

What about you?

DONT DROWN IT they only using the tools nature gave them...not sure what Yellow jacket is but stay away from it don't wear yellow...I stood on a wasp when nine months pregnant that my fault should look where I going.Stung by bumble bee,trying to recue it painful but I lived..
was stung by jelly fish few years back,both legs swelled up and I was quite ill again my stupid fault I kneeled on it did not see it...
sorry no sympathy insects do what they do end of.

Me too and they don't bother my wife or my family. Just me. That's mean your blood have sweet like me. :mad:

that's what people telling me not to eat sweet food anymore. like they teased me because i always eat sweet food. I have a sweet tooth. I dont believe that mositques go after my sweet blood. I believe they like the scent of mine. UGH!

that's what people telling me not to eat sweet food anymore. like they teased me because i always eat sweet food. I have a sweet tooth. I dont believe that mositques go after my sweet blood. I believe they like the scent of mine. UGH!

Right, They can smell scent of sweet blood.

Long, long ago...my cousins/friends and I were in the woods play-acting like we were in the Army...and ran right smack into a Yellow Jacket's nest....or maybe it was Hornets...Those insects chased us out of the woods, down the dirt road and to our house...

We were all bitten up....hurt like hell!

I've been seeing more and more Wasps during the Spring * especially during the Summer months here....Got a large can of Raid...that takes care of 'em!

Yellow Jackets do not bite , they sting you. Damn that would horrible if they had teeth and could bite.

I came home one day and found about 6 or 7 hornets flying around in my condo. They had build a nest in my A/C that build into a wall . I had to call the condo manger and a guy came out and spray the A/C from the deck and he said about a 100 hornets came flying out. Damn I am glad they did not get inside my condo. I could not hear the bugs buzzing around in my A/C.

My mom would wet mud on our bee stung when were a kid.

Horgotto mention, I did get nailed by 2 hornets in my chest on the highway riding my Harley... was not fun.

Back