Have any of you had bad experience with bee/wasp/hornet stings?

^^ lol at Simpson pic.

Anyway I looked up for the largest wasp nest... wow 22 feet nest:

MADRID, Spain -- A 22ft (seven metre) long wasps nest has been discovered in an abandoned house by police officers in San Sebastian de La Gomera on the island of Tenerife after a series of calls from concerned neighbours; it sets the new world record for the Largest wasp nest (indoor), according to the World Record Academy:

Largest wasps nest: 22-Foot Nest breaks Guinness world record

giant-wasp-nest_1689809c.jpg

The largest wasp nest ever recorded was found on a farm at Waimaukau, New Zealand, in April 1963. Despite being composed of wood scrapings mashed up with saliva into a papier-mâché like substance, it was so heavy that it had fallen from the tree in which it had been hanging onto the ground, where it had then split into two. When whole, it measured 3.7 m (12 ft 2 in) long, and was 1.75 m (5.25 ft) in diameter and approximately 5.5 m (18 ft) in circumference. It had probably been constructed by introduced German wasps (Vespula germanica).

Largest wasp nest

So different sources on largest wasp nests.....

:shock: That is so holy big! I never see the bigger hornet on the hand size. I've seem the wasp bee size like one to two inches long.

btw, have you noticed how Asians always have to be the biggest, fastest, baddest?

gosh, so competitive!

:giggle: ;)

Fuzzy

btw, have you noticed how Asians always have to be the biggest, fastest, baddest?

gosh, so competitive!

:giggle: ;)

Fuzzy

Yes, I have read the whole thread with links and pictures. That is very interesting and learning. Yes I heard it's bad hornet in Asia and Africa. Lucky I am living in USA. I had remember to watch on a TV of Factor Fear on Abc channel. I am not sure what it called. I watched the men ate a big hornet. :shock: and also Survivor tv series in Asia. A members were freak out to eat a big hornets. They refused to eat it and not win in the challenge. The man won the prize for ate hornet for bravest as survive. Maybe remove the string before eat and swallow. So yikes! :laugh:

I remember in back 2005. My hubby and I moved in expansive apartment near to college campus. My old apt have a golf course, park, nature, ponds, river, swimming pools, clubhouse. That was beautiful place to love. An one to one half inches long hornets, wasps were pest on my apt balcony outside. Bathe hornets and wasps were under the light bulbs , ceiling and hole corner wood. My husband called to the professional Pest Company. The immigrant Indian came to out of apt and removed the hornets from our balcony Finally we were able to go outside, sit down, fresh air and view the golf course.

Last edited:
Watching billy the exterminator makes me glad I dont live in the south of us.

Bad experience of jellow jackets house bees hornet and wasp. Been stung various places over the years.

Back