Have any of you had bad experience with bee/wasp/hornet stings?

Speaking of wasps and hornets, here's a little info about what they do:

wasps.png

Hope that helps.

Hey, Reba! Here's your big fuzzy bumblebee, up close. :D

Bombus-400x250.png

Hope this is good.

These hornets are from China, and according to the link, they killed 42 people last October. Yikes!!

giant-hornets-550x576.jpg

I hope we don't see hornets THIS big anytime soon.

Finally got out back and took a couple pics of that nest I'll post later after I eat and get done washing.

Rare view inside a can (or nest) of whoop ass ...
2014-03-21_17-34-24_156.jpg

2014-03-21_17-35-10_685.jpg

If she had come in, oh, boy. Worker bees do what the queen does, and that is indeed the queen bee.

That is right. Did you notice the screen is filled up by worker queen bee? That is interesting to watch queen bee worker on sunflowers and flowers.

These hornets are from China, and according to the link, they killed 42 people last October. Yikes!!

:shock: That is so holy big! I never see the bigger hornet on the hand size. I've seem the wasp bee size like one to two inches long.

That is right. Did you notice the screen is filled up by worker queen bee? That is interesting to watch queen bee worker on sunflowers and flowers.

Yes I did. The queen bee is the largest bee, and the worker bees do what she does. Queen bees are rarely seen outside the hive.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Bo2ro60ro]Army sent flame thrower to destroy huge wasp nest - YouTube[/ame]

Look how they kill bugs in China .

Call the fire department!

It's only one hornet. That's what the article said, but when it warms up, that's where the real concern will be. I am alerting family and friends to the fact that this killer bug is in my state, and they need to be on the lookout for it.

Wow. That's stunning. How long was that hive hanging up there?

I don't know for sure but like Calvin mentioned it had to be there awhile to get that size ... I emptied several cans of wasp/hornet killer not long after I noticed it. That's the third hornets nest I've found in the past 10 years living here. Most are just wasp nests.
giphy.gif

I don't know for sure but like Calvin mentioned it had to be there awhile to get that size ... I emptied several cans of wasp/hornet killer not long after I noticed it. That's the third hornets nest I've found in the past 10 years living here. Most are just wasp nests.
giphy.gif

Three?! I would be terrified!

Back