Have any of you had bad experience with bee/wasp/hornet stings?

I had a bee fly into my nose and sting me. :(

Your nose must had swell up from that. How did you get the stinger out? Maybe the bee was looking for place to made a nest.

Your nose must had swell up from that. How did you get the stinger out? Maybe the bee was looking for place to made a nest.
It got red but didn't swell. I blew my nose real hard to clean all the bee stuff out. I have flaring nostrils, so maybe my nose did look inviting.

It got red but didn't swell. I blew my nose real hard to clean all the bee stuff out. I have flaring nostrils, so maybe my nose did look inviting.

LOL!
When my dad lived in the Mexican jungle he said the bees would sit on his back and drink the sweat off him but they did not sting him.

There was a swamp behind a gas station growing up and there was cat o' nine tails in the swamp. My ex brother went to pick some with some friends
and my ex brother walked right into a wasp nest and got stung really bad he was a mess when he got back home.

Wow at this thread. Amazing stories especially Reba's!

When I was about 4 years old, my dad took the family out boating in one of the lakes out in the AZ desert. It was such a hot hot hot day so I had soda in a can. Well, a bee crawled in it without my knowledge, I drank out of it and I felt this burning pain on my upper lip and ran screaming to my mom. I got my first bee sting. My dad took pics of me with my upper lip all swollen up. If we had FB back then, it would have been uploaded immediately. Lol

Wow at this thread. Amazing stories especially Reba's!

When I was about 4 years old, my dad took the family out boating in one of the lakes out in the AZ desert. It was such a hot hot hot day so I had soda in a can. Well, a bee crawled in it without my knowledge, I drank out of it and I felt this burning pain on my upper lip and ran screaming to my mom. I got my first bee sting. My dad took pics of me with my upper lip all swollen up. If we had FB back then, it would have been uploaded immediately. Lol

Ouch!

I don't react much to insect bites. Once my coworkers found out, I always got to be the one to clear out phone and cable boxes with nests in or around them. They hurt, though.

Then there are fire ants….

I fell into fire ant mound as a kid.

Although allergic to bees the only bad experience I have had with them is learning that the Japanese wasp exists on the same plant as us.

I forgot - when I got stung under the tongue. I figured out later I had one of those packets of Emergen-C Super Orange not long before. Those things must have an amazing sugar detection radar.

A good tip for when you get stung by a bee.....Take a credit card, use it to scrape the stinger out. If you use a tweezer to remove the stinger the little poison sack will remain.

When I was young, a wasp stung my butt, and I couldn't sit for three days. Now I do still remember how painful and embarrassing it was.

smiley-laughing013.gif

Sorry dude, I feel your pain, butt the image I have in my head is too funny :giggle:
I know, I know, I am a bad person (slap my own wrist) :giggle:

btw yes, I was stung, too, quite a number of times by bees and the smaller, European version of Yellow jackets.
boy, they might be smaller butt ( :giggle: ) their sting is dizzyingly painful, I felt like throwing up while almost passing up from the pain (that just me)

I am also allergic to all insect bites mosquito, mites whatever including,
but not to the point of getting anaphylactic shock, not yet at least, I hope.

I think last time I was stung by a bee or wasp- this kind:
126403271.gsOCWpHd.jpg

was sometime in mid 2000, in my backyard garden as I missed their nest in the bushes and disturbed it while weeding underneath.
While working vigorously, I inadvertently shook the branches above which in turn must have caused vibration to the nest well hidden inside the bush,
as suddenly something hit me hard in my temple and at once I felt pin like burning, spreading pain.

Then some furious black and white bullets started whizzing to and fro by me,
I immediately realized it's looking to attack so I darted back to the house, adrenaline making me jump high like a jack rabbit on speed lololol

I wasn't stung anymore, and I realised I was really lucky
b/c the pain quickly abated,
so I must have mean only lightly "marked" - stung to let the other bees know *what/whom* to attack,
(when threatened, the wasp and/or bees stung merely to leave the pheromone scent for their soldiers to find the victim).

btw these white and black wasps aren't vicious at all, they have good memory.
they know who you are so if they see you again they'll leave you alone,
unless you bother them - then they'll not.
they are beneficial, very - they kept my flowers clean of pests since early summer until fall.

Fuzzy

I thought Hornets which might be the same like Wasps never die after you got stung. Only a bee die after one time sting to a person, but wasps including the hornets (I think) live and sting more than one time like a lot. I really don't know much about hornets but I do know bees. I had hives under the Shack and Shed in Canada. My husband and then later my nephew removed the hives the safe way over the years and no one got stung at all. So we were lucky. But we sure get stung by mosquitos going for our blood. Also we have to be careful to not let standing waters as water can breed mosquitos. So we have to turn pails, wheelbarrios and water puddles over. Sometimes we were lucky that we don't get mosquitos as long as there were not much water at all. Downpour is worse but we survived with mosquitos. :(

Your right wasps and hornets can sting repeatedly and still live the only bee that I know of that dies when it stings is the honey bee once a honey bee stings it leaves the stinger in whatever it stings.

I'm not allergic to bee stings so after that nest attacked me (I found rubbing stings right after stops it from hurting for me), but after that I went to Lowes hardware and stocked up on cans of wasp/hornet killer and waited till it was almost dark then went out and drenched that nest with the stuff. The next day I took a garden hose with a strait stream attachment and knocked the nest down. Used 6 cans of spray, before I went out I shook 6 cans up, put 2 in my front pockets, 2 in the back pockets and 1 for each hand then when 1 can run out I'd drop it and pull another lol I hate bees with a passion now.

There is a strange bee that does bite. We call them "meat eater bees" not sure what they are really called. My son was pitching in the Allstars for baseball. During a break he was sitting in the dugout and the bee bit him on his elbow. It was extremely painful for him. He felt bad because he could not finish pitching and his team lost.

I thought Hornets which might be the same like Wasps never die after you got stung. Only a bee die after one time sting to a person, but wasps including the hornets (I think) live and sting more than one time like a lot. I really don't know much about hornets but I do know bees. I had hives under the Shack and Shed in Canada. My husband and then later my nephew removed the hives the safe way over the years and no one got stung at all. So we were lucky. But we sure get stung by mosquitos going for our blood. Also we have to be careful to not let standing waters as water can breed mosquitos. So we have to turn pails, wheelbarrios and water puddles over. Sometimes we were lucky that we don't get mosquitos as long as there were not much water at all. Downpour is worse but we survived with mosquitos. :(

hornet and wasp are pretty nasty. very aggressive species. its stinger is like a very sharp needle and they'll sting you repeatedly and they would fight till they die with glory.

now bee..... the worst kind is the African Bee.... it's terrifying. somehow - African bees got released to public in America and it has mated with harmless bees. It had rapidly spread all over southern America. basically... what we have here is weaponized honey bees :Ohno:

hornet and wasp are pretty nasty. very aggressive species. its stinger is like a very sharp needle and they'll sting you repeatedly and they would fight till they die with glory.

now bee..... the worst kind is the African Bee.... it's terrifying. somehow - African bees got released to public in America and it has mated with harmless bees. It had rapidly spread all over southern America. basically... what we have here is weaponized honey bees :Ohno:

That wouldn't relate to hornets too would it? I had to kill a nest 2 years ago that looked like a hornets nest and the bees were solid black but looked identical to a regular hornet.

That wouldn't relate to hornets too would it? I had to kill a nest 2 years ago that looked like a hornets nest and the bees were solid black but looked identical to a regular hornet.

no. hornets, wasps, and bees are enemies to each other. hornet is the most brutal one because it's a predator type. wasp is a parasitic type. bee is a... well cute and small.

I hope you have a pix of black bee/hornet/? ........right?

no. hornets, wasps, and bees are enemies to each other. hornet is the most brutal one because it's a predator type. wasp is a parasitic type. bee is a... well cute and small.

I hope you have a pix of black bee/hornet/? ........right?

No it was 2 years ago in the summer noticed it while I was mowing and killed the nest a couple days later but didn't knock that one down part of it was still there last summer I'll check to see if any of it is left tomorrow.

I know what you're talking about Scott. I used to see them ALL the time on Myrtle Beach.

I googled email, they're Blue Black Cricket Hunter Wasps.

The beekeeper I used to help had 90% of his hives die off in 2006. He is out of the business now. In his 90's now he still works every day just not with bees. There is a sad thing going on with the worlds domestic bee population. Lots of science lots of investigation. Of course we humans have a lot to do with it with industrial farming methods.

If you google: mass bee die off , there is lots to be found there.

If you really want to feel sad you can go a little more off topic and learn about what has been going on with the honey supply. As an aside the inclusion of Communist China as an industrial food source for the US is a disaster that just keeps coming.
That money talks and bullshit walks is a fact of life and and at its truest when you see how our government representing large corporate interests has sold us out to Communist China. It gets more disgusting with each new administration in a steady planned progression. I think we should revolt.

I always get stung by @#$$%#@$% yellow jackets or wasps. I would be mowing the lawn, or brush hogging, or cutting wood in the forest and they always seem to be there where i am working. Once I find thier nest, most of them are in the ground so I pour gas down the hole and make a starting line. match. POOF! good bye suckas! If in tree or hole somewhere, then I opt for chemicals. EVERY YEAR i have to deal with them.

Back