Have any of you had bad experience with bee/wasp/hornet stings?

Wirelessly posted

Bees are really annoying, but I believe mosquitoes are much worser.

Insects are taking over Mother Earth....fire ants and those itty-bitty ants...I hate 'em....We pour lighter fluid over the mound and set them on fire....*Run...you little boogers!....Run"!!...They get all mad and start attacking each other.....

Yep, been stung by all 3 of these before. I remember once I was wearing a buttoned blouse and the bumblebee flew in the leeway between those buttons. It stung me all over on my chest and stomach. It was not a picnic and had to have those baking soda paste all over me. It was awful LOL!

In the nose?! Ohhh that had to hurt! Fire Ants are just miserable!
Yeah, up in the nostril; couldn't get it out right away. It brought me to tears. I was glad that it didn't swell closed after.

The worse things about fire ants is when you step on a mound without realizing it until they're swarming and biting. If they get into your shoes, socks or pants, the only remedy is stripping.

Who's had a gooood experience with bees/wasps/hornets? :lol:

Yeah, up in the nostril; couldn't get it out right away. It brought me to tears. I was glad that it didn't swell closed after.

The worse things about fire ants is when you step on a mound without realizing it until they're swarming and biting. If they get into your shoes, socks or pants, the only remedy is stripping.

yep..... yep...... funny thing was while I was busy destroying a small hornet nest with a water hose... I didn't realize I was standing on fire ant mound.... this happened in Florida last year or two.

oh the horror.... the horror....

yep..... yep...... funny thing was while I was busy destroying a small hornet nest with a water hose... I didn't realize I was standing on fire ant mound.... this happened in Florida last year or two.

Eliminate one threat, get hit by another. Not fun.

Insect karma. :D

That's a good thing it didn't swell inside.

That, and it makes you itch like crazy!!!!! :lol:

Eliminate one threat, get hit by another. Not fun.

I eliminated both :evil:

after getting bitten by fire ants... I retaliated with extreme prejudice. I went to Home Depot and asked for a nuclear bomb because my friend's property had dozens of mounds. a man recommended some kind of slow-acting pellet poisons so that ants will carry them back to their nests and it will kill whoever took a bite of it slowly.

next day - all mounds were filled with dead ants and I was like this to my friends -

tumblr_ll83eybVfw1qd1fjko1_500.gif

Many years ago probably late 1950, my sister got bitten by the bees from the abandon house across the street from our house. She came running trying to get inside the house and our Mom was trying to get rid of the bees by using the blanket or something before my sister came in. She was hollering and crying so much. My sister should not have gone to the abandon house where bees lived. My mom put her in the tub with cold water and she called the doctor on the phone about what to do with my sister. The doctor told her to put ice all over her body and make her stay there for a while (not sure how long). She was so scared of the bees. Well, accidents happen.

The abandon house was torn down (the house was the only one on the whole block). Someone bought the property and build the Middle School (Junior high School). That was in Minneapolis, Minnesota during the summer. I have never been bitten by any bugs. I am Native and I don't like bugs at all. I am not looking forward to Spring for that. All bugs will be coming out of the cold weather soon. :(

I eliminated both :evil:

after getting bitten by fire ants... I retaliated with extreme prejudice. I went to Home Depot and asked for a nuclear bomb because my friend's property had dozens of mounds. a man recommended some kind of slow-acting pellet poisons so that ants will carry them back to their nests and it will kill whoever took a bite of it slowly.

next day - all mounds were filled with dead ants and I was like this to my friends -

tumblr_ll83eybVfw1qd1fjko1_500.gif

Oh, okay.

Oh strip is right! It was recent, but I wasn't stung. I was on the apt deck conversing with neighbors. A bee (I assume) was hovering over my strawberry smoothie and I tried to swat it away with my arms. It started flying around my head and I jumped up only to get it stuck in my cleavage! I had a halter on so I freaked out, took it off and used it to frisk it off me! I giess I thtew it off since I never saw it anymore, so all red faced covered my boobs and excused myself. Bet they loved the free show!

Oh strip is right! It was recent, but I wasn't stung. I was on the apt deck conversing with neighbors. A bee (I assume) was hovering over my strawberry smoothie and I tried to swat it away with my arms. It started flying around my head and I jumped up only to get it stuck in my cleavage! I had a halter on so I freaked out, took it off and used it to frisk it off me! I giess I thtew it off since I never saw it anymore, so all red faced covered my boobs and excused myself. Bet they loved the free show!

Wow. That's not funny.

Back