Do you want to visit Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example - it's a culture in France to have a 2 hours lunch and to have a french bread everyday :laugh2:.
It's a culture in Russia to greet someone by hugging and kissing both cheeks.
It's a culture in America to smile and greet strangers.

You really don´t know what culture really is about... All what you said is 2 hour lunch to have a french bread... Russia hugging and kisses.... America ... smile and greet strangers...

I don't know about you but perhaps your American co-worker either lives in Germany too long or haven't really experienced a life much... or maybe he/she is just not a gregarious type. :dunno:

If you don´t know me and my American co-workers then don´t make assumption post about us... I don´t care either you know me or not but good thing is ADers did know me in real life. They described about me in their threads what and how they met me...

Did I said that my American co-workers lives in Germany for long time? How do you know that my American co-workers are gregarious type? I do not see anything that I negative American co-workers in my previous post but I only see that they agrees with me that it´s people itself how to expose into friendly, unfriendly, racist, crime, or whatever, not culture itself.

I find German culture to be bit brusque because they are stingy with resource and time. When I was in Munich.. I was at public bathroom to wash my hand, I left the sink just for a quick moment to use the soap.. the German jumped into my sink and scolded me for wasting a water... even for 1 second. I thought it was extremely rude of him to use my sink when I was using it but I suppose it's a German culture. :dunno:

1 second? :lol: okay, this is your POV... I experience Americans´way for over 23 years... I can say a lot if I want to but I don´t bother... but accept that it´s their mentality... :) Rude German is a German culture... :laugh2: You really don´t know what culture is about...

Perhaps you haven't really experienced much in America. Have you been to South? great hospitality. North-eastern tends to be bit more rude and impatient.... aka road roage! :mad2:

Sure, I only experienced few states in USA last year but I don´t have any problems with Americans because I respect them what they are as the same as they respect what I am which is a great but my bad experience was unfriendly US Security in US Airport, that´s all.

as expected from you. Naturally - you disagreed with pretty much everything I say. Like I said - I've heard of many stories from Trekkers who traveled to Africa. You hear your own stories about they wanting money. I'm sorry but that's your POV. I have my own POV. Let's leave at that. Nobody's right here. Some wants money, some doesn't.

Yes I share my POV because I EXPERIENCED there in Africa. I also EXPERIENCE almost half world, I had been travelled to.

uh..... Racism is everywhere. we are not immune to it and neither are you. You're talking about some few bad apples and it's never a true representation of whole. I have been to North, South, West, and East. It's a stereotype that Southerners are racist and a birthplace of Klu Klux Klan.

Exactly, that´s what I am trying to tell you that it´s people itself who are Racists, unfriendly, friendly, anti-gay, etc. etc, around the world, not culture itself.

I'm a minority and naturally - I was afraid about living in South since it's predominantly white. But... that didn't stop me from living in Virginia for 3 years. In my 24 years of my life in USA (the first 3 years in Korea which I have no memory of it) - I have encountered a very few racist people (the KKK-like type). It is in Americans' especially American tourists' cultural belief that smiling and waving at stranger is best way to be friendly.... which other foreigners may view it as "fishy."

I have been as tourist in different countries and know their mentalities, tradition and culture... If I want to visit there then have to learn about them before visit them. Example of all, my friends didn´t know that they should tip 15% to 20% when they were in Resturant in America because here in Europe countries doesn´t... It´s America´s culture... we have to learn what it is about... to aviod any embarrassment and feel being disrespect by them... They also don´t know that they would shot when they go in house property, etc. because they are paraniod about the strangers in their house property in America but here in Germany don´t... We don´t shot the strangers go in our house property... We don´t talk with strangers we never see before because we don´t know them... but with tourists are different story...

Excuse me? Are you educating me on American culture? That's seriously messed up... coming from a person who never lived in America. I'm appalled.

wow :eek3: You did the same thing to me in several threads... You are allow to say anything what you want and think you know about Europe but why can´t I allow to say anything what I learn then?

Why are you doubting what Reba and I are trying to tell you?

No, I do not doubt Reba and you but QUESTIONED her... and then respect her for think it´s okay to talk with strangers which I don´t. I do not expect that you jump on my response post to her telling me that "talk with strangers is America´s culture". It´s nothing do with doubt but disagree with "talk with strangers is America´s culture" ITSELF.

We're Americans. You're not. See anything wrong with this picture? :roll:

And? I can disagree that "talk with strangers is America´s culture" and gave you the 2 links that´s support my POV because that´s what I learn about. ´Don´t take my post personally when I have different POV over "talk with strangers is America´s culture" itself.

I'm sorry but the America is not predominantly Native American so that culture is "dead."

:shock: *speechless*

sorry!!! topic off!!!

Honestly, i see, in germany and in america are different culture.
i saw, here stand too many USA flag. in germany,rarely. I do know why? american PPL are proud of USA flag. in germany PPL can not say that we are proud our flag, but keep in their mind. that is all!!
i guess yes, american PPL are friendly. But someone told me, that some american PPL are fake to smiling.
surprised me, i always go to Foods store and cashier are soo friendly. they said, "How are you?". In germany do rarely. i know, it is too hard to be friendly PPL from germany. I can't help!!! But germany is in my heart. america is second. Because i love german language, foods, country, friends, nightlife... :)

Yes, Germany and America have different culture, mentality and tradition.

Very true, I have seen that many flags everywhere in USA when I was in USA last year which here in Germany doesn´t... but I saw for first time is Europe Football (soocer) Cup... flags are everywhere... :shock:

Very true, that´s what the people said the same thing what you said here "American PPL are fake to smiling". Very true, Americans often said to me... "Hi, how are you?"... I answered "I´m fine and what about you"? They said "fine" and then went off... :lol: I never forget at 23 years ago, I started at my new job at US Milatary base... Americans came to me... "Hello, How are you?" I answered: "I am fine". They replied "Good" and then went off... It´s rude, I thought to myself :scratch: because I thought they would stay to chat with me ... but German co-workers told me that it´s their way... it doesn´t mean that they are rude but just their way... I was like Ooohhh.... I work for 23 years now and use their way like that... Not all Americans but some Americans way like that.

I went to same Foods store and cashier for many years ... They know me and I know them... sometimes, they said Hello to me... and little chat with me... something like that talk about weather, etc. They only said "Guten Morgen" or "Guten Tag" to me when I visited other city for shopping than town where I live... I do not see anything that they are unfriendly but just German mentality which is different as American mentality.

Yes I can understand about your heart for Germany. I live in Germany for over 23 years and feel that Germany is my first home... I feel strange when I visited famliy in England and told my hubby that I can´t live in England..... I do miss my friends and family in England but can´t live in England.

Liebling made no sense about what's our culture means, social and friendliness are part of culture, period and she don't exactly understand about meet with strangers in our country.

Improper to use teach of American culture is result in offend us, or insult to any Americans who born in USA and fully know about culture.

You really don´t know what you are saying... :roll:

Don´t take my post personally.

I do not see anything that I teach you about America´s culture. I only DISAGREE and provided 2 links here to support my claim why I disagree. This is Forum, we exchange our POV with agree/disagree. I do not offend or take your post personally when you made posts over Europe in several threads, don´t I?

wow that's interesting.... it's sad that they can't display their flag proudly... and yes you're right - TOO MANY USA flags waving around here. it's kinda funny.

and yes sometimes people do fake smile but hey... at least they smiled, right? lol smiling even fake is always a good way to make strangers feel comfortable.

Very true, I have seen many USA flags in USA last year. It´s interesting... Americans are very patriotic and proud of their country. It´s America´s culture...

Well, smile to strangers is better than talk with them... or ask them "Hello, how are you?" and then went off...

That doesn't mean they are bad people; it just means that their culture is different.

Actually, this is typical European mentality and the people from different countries including America have different mentiality as well. They all have good and bad personalities/characters that´s how they were being raise to expose by their parents... We Europeans and Americans see different. It´s normal...

We (Europeans) visit other countries as tourists... we made friends and chat each other because we stay at same hotel for 2 or 3 weeks...

Another Example:

Americans see their view over Europe... They have their own POV what they think and see different...

5 Ways Europeans Live Better than Americans « Gaiam Experts Blog

Rick Steves' Europe: Ugly American

Are You the Ugly American? - This Just In - Budget Travel

That´s why I want to make sure everything to learn about their culture, mentality, tradition, customs, etc. before I visit there because I want to respect them to aviod embarrassment and feel being disrespectful. It doesn´t mean that they are unfriendly but that´s just their different mentalites... Like what someone said that French is snob and other said that Japanese is unfriendly, other said that Germans keep themselves... (yes, true), Russians..., Amreicans talk with strangers to say hello, how are you, they never see before, etc. etc. etc.

Your statement makes no sense.

No, it´s not mine but someone brought up "talk with strangers is America´s culture" in first place which makes no sense. I would not mislead the people that "talk with strangers is friendly in America" to make them beleive that they can talk strangers with no problem... they would get shock that when they learn that thereré racism, anti-gay, crime, unfriendly, friendly, etc. which is the same here in Europe countries as well. No, I would not do that because everyone around the world have their own good and bad personalities. Culture mean something different than personality... like tradition, general mentality, custom, history, etc... something like that... why a lot of flags in USA?... Why guns...? history, hamburger resturant, music, theater, etc. like what 2 links written. Example: Americans asked me what´s German´s culture... I would not say that "talk with strangers is unfriendly or friendly is German´s culture... but show them what culture is about... like large beer, German Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, sausuages, bavarian clothes, brezeln, tradition, history, etc. etc. etc.

Withing every culture, there are always some people who don't stay within the norms of that culture. That doesn't mean the culture itself is invalid; it means that people are individuals, which includes some anti-social, dysfunctional, rebellious, and personality disordered individuals who commit crimes and racist behaviors.

It´s exact point that´s what I am trying to say.

The majority of Americans fit within the American culture description. There are regional and personality variations, of course, but in general that's the American culture.

Yes I understand but I see different... I see people itself as their own personality, not culture. I have meet the people from different countries... Sure, they have different menatlity but they have their own bad and good personalities like we have our own personalities... We know what right or wrong itself, not culture.

A school project paper and Wiki? Not very authoritative sources.

Are you belittle them? That´s an exactly what we (Europeans) were being taught and also visit USA as well.

That's the point. It's the blend of immigrant cultures and the pioneer spirit of the early settlers that make up the American culture.

Yes, but it doesn´t mean that they all are friendly talk with strangers, they never meet before is a American culture.

There never was a single "Native American" culture. The tribes of each area had their own unique cultures. Some of them have maintained their cultures in modified ways, within restricted regions, such as reservations. But it never was a national culture.

Yes, I aware it.

... why a lot of flags in USA?... Why guns...?
Flags represent patriotic love of country, and gun ownership is an American right.

It´s exact point that´s what I am trying to say.
Not really. The American culture is to be friendly with strangers. The Americans who aren't friendly are the exceptions to the culture.

Even Americans who are shy aren't "shocked" when other Americans are friendly because they understand it is American culture.

Are you belittle them? That´s an exactly what we (Europeans) were being taught and also visit USA as well.
Those aren't authoritative sources, that's all. They aren't real research.

Yes, but it doesn´t mean that they all are friendly talk with strangers, they never meet before is a American culture.
Yes, it does. It's the way Americans behave because they are Americans--it's our culture.

Germans don't behave that way because it isn't German culture.

Yes, I aware it.
If you are aware of that, then why did you post this? :confused:

"There´re only one true American culture is Native American."

You really don´t know what you are saying... :roll:

Don´t take my post personally.

I do not see anything that I teach you about America´s culture. I only DISAGREE and provided 2 links here to support my claim why I disagree. This is Forum, we exchange our POV with agree/disagree. I do not offend or take your post personally when you made posts over Europe in several threads, don´t I?

Ok, sorry about late to reply due Vista on my PC got destroyed by viruses and had clean install of XP on my PC.

Well, Your POV is really nothing when compare with American culture, I'm talking about "modern American culture" and that's not defined about history during American Indian time.

I'm American guy and I know about their history, culture, etc and don't jump to teach us, that sounds like you know about everything and insult us because me, Reba, Jiro and Puyo are US citizen.

Flags represent patriotic love of country, and gun ownership is an American right.

Not really. The American culture is to be friendly with strangers. The Americans who aren't friendly are the exceptions to the culture.

Even Americans who are shy aren't "shocked" when other Americans are friendly because they understand it is American culture.

Yes, it does. It's the way Americans behave because they are Americans--it's our culture.

Yup, I have agree with you in all way. :cool:

Didn't I say it's in their nature to keep clean and be polite? And no I do not believe Japan is friendlier than other. You haven't tried Africa yet. I have heard many stories from fellow trekkers that Africans were incredibly hospitable and considerate... at no cost. they even refuse to accept your money but they will accept what you give them such as chocolate or even a picture because they get to brag to their people about their experience. But I don't judge who is friendlier. As long as they're friendly - good enough for me. It's not a pissing contest for me. :cool2:

My dad's been to Japan for business purpose many times (he's touched all 6 continents.. sorry no Antarctica :laugh2:) and he was amazed at how clean it is... even subway. It's as if they worship Mr. Clean

2nvtpif.jpg

:lol: But you said that they kept clean and polite just to earn the money from the tourist, I am confused by your point right now. I think you misunderstand their clean and polite, they are not doing this just for the tourist, they do this because that is their culture. They don't walk with shoe in the house, they don't walk with sock in the bathroom, they don't put the business card in the pocket when received it, there are so many things that we can find how polite and clean they are.

I never label Japan as friendly in the world, I only say that Japan was the most friendly that I ever went. So I was just speaking through my experience.

I never had been in Africa, but it might be because they got used with living with very little money, just like The Bahamas, but unlike Japan, they are very dirty and poor.

I remember when I return to America from Japan, I felt so different and feel alittle more dirty and selfish people to walk among.

Like I said - the people who are in tourism business are courteous and friendly... which is what you experienced in Japan. You haven't really experienced "living in Japan" like Liza's brother. I've visited France and they weren't that snobby but they do look down on people who speak English instead of French. :dunno:

Looking down on people who don't know the French is very snob attitude to me.

And sorry, I knew it was Japan's culture, they don't do this just for tourist, they do this because they have been acting it for thousands of years and that's their culture.

Jiro,

Sorry I strong disagree with most of your posts. I will be back for correct your posts later. I agree with Puyo mostly. Yes, Puyio is correct that all countries want money from tourists which is normal.

I had been experienced in Africa... Oh yes, they want money... We paid to go in their home to look around... and throw sweets away to children to grab..... France is my neighbor... I went there dozen of times... French prefer to speak their own language over speak English.

I know some French and some Americans hate each other over history... French can´t stand American´s personality as the same as American can´t stand French´s personality as well. We taught Americans to respect France´s culture and try to speak their language before they visit France... Americans are surprised that French are friendly to them... They love France... Yes, French do speak English but they are happy that you speak French a little like Good morning, bye, thank you, etc. and they would be glad to speak English for you...

http://www.alldeaf.com/travel-leisure/18136-do-you-like-france.html

:lol: it´s not a culture in America to smile and greet strangers but people itself.

If you said that it´s culture in America to smile and greet strangers which mean that there´re NONE of racists, crimes, unfriendly, etc. etc. in America ... It make no sense.

Like what I said before that it´s people´s behavior itself, not culture that´s how they expose into good and friendly person, racist, unfriendly, etc. etc., not culture. See the difference example what Puyo and Liza´s brother experienced in Japan, see that there´re not all people are friendly ... We have many Japanese as tourist here in Germany... Very popular... They loves to take pictures of Germans and children.... cultures.... They are very friendly people... Each person see different. Japanese often visit my hubby´s work place for exchange and stay for 3 to 6 months... You see in French as friendly but Americans see it different... and love Germans... Like what I said that each person is different and see differently.

As what you said that Europe is unfriendly which mean that Europe´s culture is unfriendly... it make no sense because there´re friendly, unfriendly, crime, racists, etc in Europe as well.

It explains what American culture is about.

WHAT IS AMERICAN CULTURE?

Culture of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There´re many cultures in America because of many different races, culture backgrounds and mentalities. There´re only one true American culture is Native American.

Thank you for using my examples :)

There is a HUGE difference between teaching children not to talk to strangers when they are alone, and adults showing friendliness to strangers.

The main point there is, children shouldn't be left alone in a vulnerable situation.

Yes, I discussed and agreed to teach a child should not be alone to talk to strangers and meet "strangers" in the public (you know them as old friends, ex-co-workers, etc) and chat... until your post here for a first time over chat with stranger you never meet in your life and don´t know them.

I´m trying to make a point...

Example:

You teach your child to not talk to strangers then on next day, you meet a stranger and chatted... Your child look up to you and ask you who is he? Did you know him? What´s your reply? It would confuse your child if you said that you don´t know him... Why it´s okay for you to chat with stranger, not your child?

Those aren't strangers or friends, so they could be called "acquaintances."

Yes, you are right that it should be call "actquaintances", not "strangers". :ty: for correction.

No, it's not confusing. Little children shouldn't be roaming streets alone, so they won't be in that situation. They will see and model the appropriate way to behave in public.

Disagree... see the example above... It´s not just children but adult as well, the bad stranger seduce...

Is that why European adults are paranoid about strangers?

Huh? No, we don´t shoot the strangers for come in our house property but Americans. :)

We were raised to not talk to strangers, we don´t know. Many American children and adult are being killed and rape by intruders don´t they? Who is intruder, of course bad stranger. That´s why we are carefully to judge stranger before we can talk with them.

I guess Americans are bolder and more willing to take chances. We don't like to be incapacitated by fear. It's the freedom thing. Sometimes freedom is risky and comes at a cost but it's worth it. :)

It has nothing do with fear or whatever but it´s our mentality. We don´t own the guns and have no reason to be fear... We answer the door to the strangers without shoot them... but Americans do... :)

As what you said then you should agree for restriction gun control or banned the gun control because "friendly talk with stranger is America´s culture"... :scratch: Without guns, you are fear... right? But we don´t because we don´t need the guns.

That proves that European and American cultures are different.

Yes and also mentality as well.

That's good. :)

:cold:

That's why children aren't allowed to roam the streets alone.

Yes, we discussed this at other thread. For my children´s sake, I don´t talk with strangers... I would call myself as a liar if I chat with stranger front of my child because I teach my child to not talk to the strangers. It would confuse my children to think okay to talk with stranger, I never see before why not okay for my children. I want my children look up at my role and know its not okay to talk to the strangers when they are alone...

Also, did you know that if someone is a "bad" stranger he'll do his badness whether or not someone smiles at him? Not smiling at a bad stranger will not prevent any crime.

Did I said anything to against "smile"? I do not see anything that I against "smile". Yes, we smile each other when we look each other or say most "Guten Tag", "Guten Morgen" by walk pass without talk each other ....

Yes, but it's also sad if the only smiles come from people who want your money. It's a lot nicer when everyone is friendly. :)

Actually, it´s normal when they want to make money when the tourists come and go... :shrug: It doesn´t bother me really...

Yes I would agree that it would be nicer when everyone is friendly... I know we can´t expect that everyone is friendly... and accept that each person is different that´s how he/she expose into kind of person what she/he is. Oh well...

Hubby reminded me about something. He said, "Remember when the Berlin Wall first came down? West Germans weren't even friendly to East Germans. They didn't want to share their country with 'others'. They should have been thrilled with their freedom and reunited families but it wasn't enough. It was shocking to see the West Germans' hostile reaction."

Breaking Down the Wall in the Head | Culture & Lifestyle | Deutsche Welle | 03.10.2004

The article, you posted is 3rd October 2004 is not the date and year of the wall Berlin pulled down.

What your hubby said is incorrect... it´s not on same time as wall berlin pulled down but few years later.

Yes, we were VERY thrilled and excited for to welcome/greet East Germans on the same day the wall Berlin pulled down. We were there... and excited for them... :hug: each other... :tears: each other... :beer: each other.

Around few months later after Berlin Wall pulled down, that West Germans feel being let down by East Germans for demand everything in once from German Government to build everything in Eastern Germany... West Germans have no problem to see improve in East Germany but should take time to few years to improve, not everything in once... West Germans often said "take time and patience then their land will be improve few years later". East Germans ignored West Germans to demand everything in once and want more and more...than Government already gave money to them to improve their lifestyle... that´s how Government raised our taxes to spend a lot of money to improve on Eastern Germany real fast... until finanical scandal... money broke... heavy debt... bad eoncomy. It make West Germans furious and feel being unfair because they work hard and take YEARS to re build after WWII.

Yes some West Germans mock East Germans as Ossies... as the same as some East German mock West Germans as "Wessi". Some East Germans wish to have Berlin wall back...

You have no idea about how is crap, you aren't resident of USA then that's BIG difference for you, don't bring up any debate about different culture in our country and don't teach us about how our culture works or we could feel offended and losing your respect due improper to performs it.

Let repeat, Reba knows more, period and don't say your name.

Edit, If you continue to way like that then that's fine but you would losing my respect, same with some other Americans.

I am not here to teach you but disagree and show the links...

Its about open mind and exchange the POV. It´s not my problem if you don´t like my POV as long as I did not insult or bash Americans. Yes I still disagree that "friendly talk with stranger" has do with America´s or any country´s culture because thére´re many friendly people everywhere around the world, not just America.

You often say anything about Europe in several threads... why can´t I allow to say anything why I disagree?

Simple is don´t take my post personally that´s just because I disagree and show the 2 links to support my claim.

Yes, that´s America´s culture. I was being teach and learn to know about America´s culture... I find interesting and respect America´s custom.

If you claim which mean is that ALL Americans act like that... No, because I work together with Americans and know their mentatliy and behavior... they have different personalities... therére some friendly and unfriendly... some rude... some arrogant..., some anti-gay, some racists... I would not call America´s culture to be friendly with strangers... It does the same here in Germany as well... I would not call Germany "Germany culture is to be unfriendly or friendly with strangers" because it makes no sense. I would call it as their mentality and personalities itself..., not culture...

Okay.

You call it as a culture but I call it as a mentality.

Yes, Native American was FIRST people in America... The land was belong them before white people took it over... Right? That´s what I said, it´s their true culture because they are still exist then later............ many races from different culture countries in America (see your response post). My friends visited Native American and their culture... they sell handmade beautiful crafts,etc... example about aboriginals in Australia, we visited to and learn their culture. Aboriginals are still exist there when there´re races from different culture countries around in Australia.

:lol: But you said that they kept clean and polite just to earn the money from the tourist, I am confused by your point right now. I think you misunderstand their clean and polite, they are not doing this just for the tourist, they do this because that is their culture. They don't walk with shoe in the house, they don't walk with sock in the bathroom, they don't put the business card in the pocket when received it, there are so many things that we can find how polite and clean they are.

Yes I agree that it has nothing do with clean for the tourists... It´s their culture... I know what it is about because we were in Sinpagore... wow, very clean and environment-friendly... Accord their rule, do not chew the gum, eat, drink or smoke by walking down to the public... If I want to eat or drink or whatever then I have to look for bench with smoking tray top of the rubbish bin... near bench... we sat down and have our lunch then throw them away to rubbish bin... $1,000 fine penalty or clean the street until end of vacation if they caught me throw something on the street or road instead of rubbish bin... Very clean... like what you described about Japan´s culture... clean and polite... it´s their culture... Very friendly people... to China Town with different culture, also India Town with different culture, ..... very interesting...

I never label Japan as friendly in the world, I only say that Japan was the most friendly that I ever went. So I was just speaking through my experience.

Yes I agree that I aware that it´s not all people are friendly... it´s just individuals who is different as other individuals... You are lucky to meet friendly japanesse but others not... It does the same here in Europe countries as well... I have no problem with French people but you see different... which is normal... Many Americans said that Europe are friendly but other Americans said that they are unfriendly... Each is different... It look like that some Americans label their country is number one in the world is friendly and label it as culture... :roll:

I never had been in Africa, but it might be because they got used with living with very little money, just like The Bahamas, but unlike Japan, they are very dirty and poor.

Yes, I agree that Africa is poor country... The Africans want money for let us in their home to look around... We understand that they need money for their living... I want to take pictures of Africans but they scared... some want money for take pictures.

I don´t experience in Bahamas... interesting...

I remember when I return to America from Japan, I felt so different and feel alittle more dirty and selfish people to walk among.

Interesting, curious why do you feel like this... what difference between Japan and America?

Looking down on people who don't know the French is very snob attitude to me.

I can understand your POV over French and from what you see them... but I don´t have problem with them and their friendly because we understand French little to keep them happy because we are there in France... They don´t speak Germans but just English and France... I know and respect their mentatliy and culture.

And sorry, I knew it was Japan's culture, they don't do this just for tourist, they do this because they have been acting it for thousands of years and that's their culture.

Of course, every country don´t do for just tourists. Its about their own culture, we should show our respect to. If I want to visit their country then I have to learn about their culture, tradition, custom, mentatliy, etc. before visit and respect them.

Thank you for using my examples :)

Willkommen :)

Ok, sorry about late to reply due Vista on my PC got destroyed by viruses and had clean install of XP on my PC.

I´m glad that your PC is okay. :)

Well, Your POV is really nothing when compare with American culture, I'm talking about "modern American culture" and that's not defined about history during American Indian time.

I'm American guy and I know about their history, culture, etc and don't jump to teach us, that sounds like you know about everything and insult us because me, Reba, Jiro and Puyo are US citizen.

Again, I do not jump and insult you all that´s because I disagree that "friendly talk with strangers as a America´s culture" ITSELF and show you the 2 links that´s support my claim that´show I was being taught and also learn by my American friends. Is disagreement an insult to you?

My American friend Puyo and I have no problem to share our exhange of POV over our experiences. He has no problem to respect me as the same as I have no problem to respect him because he is open mind and accept different POV like me. We can agree to disagree on something.

this is hopeless. Liebling, are you a sociologist? Anthropologist? Sound like you're lecturing us on what's American culture and what's not. Why are you disagreeing with us just because of what you experienced? 23 years in American military base IS NOT THE SAME AS 23 years of living in USA. Your POV and Experience are as TOURIST, not RESIDENT.

OK? OK? OK?

this is very frustrating. I give up. I'll just nod and listen and believe everything you say. You sound like an expert.
bert.gif

A school project paper and Wiki? Not very authoritative sources.

Do you are against Wikipedia? The Wikipedia is very good information... I know it´s not alway accurate but positive information and general with plenty of sources in wikipedia, then we want to learn and read... My both sons use wikipedia to do their homework at school...

I do not see anything negative about Wikipedia... the political issues, I have been check with snope.com or Factcheck.org to compare with wikipedia... Most is true and correct. :shrug:

Do you are against Wikipedia? The Wikipedia is very good information... I know it´s not alway accurate but positive information and general with plenty of sources in wikipedia, then we want to learn and read... My both sons use wikipedia to do their homework at school...

I do not see anything negative about Wikipedia...

and we don't use wikipedia for school. we have something called encyclopedia and library. I feel sorry for your sons... all these misinformation and disinformation and biased info... I suggest that you should take your sons to library and show them encyclopedia. that's how you prepare them for college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back