Decline of sign language

and I would notify moderator about you that how is rude to me too.

Well hearing people are more disabled than deaf people since we can communicate with hearing and deaf children while the parent cant communicate with deaf children.. I find this is a real excellent proven here.

By the way I m on Trippa s side all the way. ;)

Smile!
Sweetmind

PS: I dont give a hoot if I am disability because people with negative attitude dont give us a chance to use ASL So therefore I am disability because of your forbidden ASL has occured to us for many years. So be it!

Also, many times the intention, the moral of some else's post it misunderstood.

Wanna to know why??? because many are oralist and dont have any ASL in the classroom.. Thats why they dont read it correctly as well as hearing people like Cloggy and other deaf oralism did it too.. He is such a hardhead and think he knows everything about deafness. thats CI radical s audist attitude as is. Scoffs!

I know what s it alike to be deaf but he dont.. If you mind, people have refused to listen deaf people who knows more than Cloggy... HE thinks CI child is a hearing child oh please! you and cloggy doesnt know nothing in many ways.

Thank you!
Sweetmind

Is that so? I didn't know black people were disability and they do get discriminated.

Of course black people is the one of minorities and has been discriminated by white people with a very bigotry attitude from the past. Now it s more acceptable black people nowadays. Some people refused to change their attitude about black people which is their loss.

One thing black is not disability that is wrong explaination unless that person has their disability.. Thats all to it.

Again, where have you been?? oh boy... Black, women, Deaf, Indians, and others are minorities. However Deaf with all kind of people is the worst more than any of minorities people because people have a very negative view on our deafness and thinks they know it all about our deafness but NOT!

Minority means
b. a group within a country, state, or community that differs in race, religion, or national origin from the larger part of the population; minority group.
Ex. They represent a growing nationwide effort to develop ... classroom literature that depicts blacks and other minorities in a different and more equal perspective (New York Times).

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Originally Posted by Audiofuzzy
As for discrimination, unfortunately yes it does happen to ANY kind of disability.

Is that so? I didn't know black people were disability and they do get discriminated.

Excuse me Cheri but what exactly are you trying to say?
On my part I said any kind of disability can be a subject of discrimination.
Which is true.

If for example some restaurant refuses to serve you because you are deaf it is discriminating hearing disabled person. If they refuse to serve someone on wheelchair then it is discriminating disabled person, too.

But if they refuse to serve a black person - it is called RACIAL discrimination, which has nothing to do with disability.

Fuzzy

Well hearing people are more disabled than deaf people

If they have any kind of disability like for example missing limbs or artificial limbs/ parts, cerebral palsy, missing internal body parts (like kidney or lung) etc. then they might be considered disabled,
but just because they do not know sign language then I am sorry no they do not qualify as disabled.

If you mind, people have refused to listen deaf people who knows more than Cloggy... HE thinks CI child is a hearing child oh please!

I would say it is the total opposite- hearing people are trying very hard to explain something to deaf people, but deaf people refuse to listen to them, call them stupid, stubborn, untolerant etc.

As for Cloggy he knows very well his child is not hearing that's why he asked for CI. Also, as a hearing person he knows best what his daughter CAN hear and what can NOT hear - this difference alone shows him his daughter is NOT hearing.

Also he plans later to enroll her later into some SL course. is that bad?? is it treating her as "hearie" ?

Fuzzy

U just dont get it. I can hear with device that it doesnt mean his child or i will understand everything without lipreading.. it s very strainful to use our eyes to read their different lip movement... JEEZ!!! you are out of order as well

HUH thats not what Cloggy said it at all from what u said this quote "As for Cloggy he knows very well his child is not hearing that's why he asked for CI. Also, as a hearing person he knows best what his daughter CAN hear and what can NOT hear - this difference alone shows him his daughter is NOT hearing."

Wow There is something fishy here. OBviously you missed out a lot from what Cloggy did saying it many times that his child is hearing because of CI device.

I'm 100% agree with Sweetmind what she said about it.

I'm rest right now and enough to argue with them. Thanks to Sweetmind. :)

If they have any kind of disability like for example missing limbs or artificial limbs/ parts, cerebral palsy, missing internal body parts (like kidney or lung) etc. then they might be considered disabled,
but just because they do not know sign language then I am sorry no they do not qualify as disabled.

I was born deaf as well as I dont look myself missing anything if you mind.. it s your attitude to look down on ppl who has the disability.. YOu wont accept us completely that we are bit different and using our hands to communicate that works very well with ASL if you mind.

You are making me more disabilities for not who I am because it has to be your freaking way to conform or manipulate deaf children who frustrated and couldnt do what u want them to do 100 percent. Scoffs!

Sighs! hearing people are signed impaired as well as they dont want to bother to learn asl.

Many hearing people couldnt able to communicate with us very well after all we did learn how to speak in our deaf voices.. So therefore they are disability for not knowing how to communicate with those deaf people or children while deaf people can do both ways with hearing and deaf children. It s a proven after all you denied and still dont agree with us Deaf people who can do it. So it s more of expression of disability that hearing people have.. Thats all to it..

I can do anything except hear.. I dont have to hear anything for your sake.. I quit everything that belongs to hearing people.. because it makes things worse for me and many deafies because of your own self centered and for yourself.. What a fool!

disability, noun, pl. -ties.
1. lack of ability or power.
Ex. The player's disability was caused by illness.
2. something that disables.
Ex. Deafness is a disability for a musician.
3. something that disqualifies.
Ex. Relationship to an accused man is a disability which disqualifies a person for service on the jury at his trial.

Thats all. Many disabilities can do anything if you allow them. if you dont then it s your damn problem.

Sweetmind

U just dont get it. I can hear with device that it doesnt mean his child or i will understand everything without lipreading.. it s very strainful to use our eyes to read their different lip movement...

Cloggy's daughter is still very young. Chances are the older she gets the better at hearing.
We anyway shouldn't compare one CI user to another - everybody's different.

OBviously you missed out a lot from what Cloggy did saying it many times that his child is hearing because of CI device.

It is also possible maybe when he says "she's hearing" he means she can hear sounds, not that she is "a hearie".

Have you ever heard of Beverly Biderman? she was implanted late in her life after a lifetime of being deaf. She can talk now on the phone, no plm.

http://www.writersunion.ca/b/biderman.htm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1895579325/002-9269081-7056012?v=glance&n=283155

It depends on many things if an implantee will be able to "hear" without lipreading. I can hear w/o lipreading under some circumstances and I am severe to profound h.l.

Fuzzy

I was born deaf as well as I dont look myself missing anything if you mind.. it s your attitude to look down on ppl who has the disability.. YOu wont accept us completely that we are bit different and using our hands to communicate that works very well with ASL if you mind.

You are missing vital sense, sweetie - a hearing.
And please do not judge me as you know zit who am I.

Fuzzy

Sweetmind said:
OBviously you missed out a lot from what Cloggy did saying it many times that his child is hearing because of CI device.

Audiofuzzy said:
It is also possible maybe when he says "she's hearing" he means she can hear sounds, not that she is "a hearie".

*snip*

It depends on many things if an implantee will be able to "hear" without lipreading. I can hear w/o lipreading under some circumstances and I am severe to profound h.l.

I believe that's what he means as well. Coggy's daughter can hear WITH the CI. He knows that- he wouldn't be trying to get her involved with the deaf community or teach her sign language if he thought she was a "hearie".

I call myself hearing "with the CI" - I make no beans about the fact I am deaf without it. In fact when I started college classes last week I introduced myself to my instructors and told them that I am deaf, BUT I can hear close to 90% of what is said to me (sometimes more.) I am able to use a phone as well - I was using it 3 months after activation and use it daily.

Audiofuzzy, excuse me? If you want solve problem with me then send PM to me.

MOD NOTE:

Please refrain from making direct comments towards other members in a harsh and/or heavily criticized manner. If you don't like what the other person said, don't reply and keep to yourself. Thanks.

Audiofuzzy, excuse me? If you want solve problem with me then send PM to me.

You may want to RE- read this, please:

And I am warning you- if you say ONCE more SHUT UP or other rudiness I will REPORT you to the moderators and ask to ban you from AD for RUDE BEHAVIOUR.

Sorry, I am not going to discuss antyhing with someone who is talking rude and abusive way to me, period. I won't tolerate disrespect.

Fuzzy

it depends on many things if an implantee will be able to "hear" without lipreading. I can hear w/o lipreading under some circumstances and I am severe to profound h.l.

Yea yea same old routine as well as it s the same thing with HA.. NO difference between HA and CI.. Whats more we can hear a very basic language that is nothing more than just basic language that we can understand ... So there!

NO difference between HA and CI..

There is a big difference.

CI may enable to hear what HA does not, because CI work in different way than HA.

This is how HA works:

""Hearing aids are one of the fundamental devices used by hard of hearing and late deafened people. They work by amplifying sound. There are many different types of hearing aids, each addressing particular needs.""

The HA AMPLIFY your NATURAL hearing or rather what's left of it.

This is how CI works:
""What is a cochlear implant?
A cochlear implant is a small, complex electronic device that can help to provide a sense of sound to a person who is profoundly deaf or severely hard of hearing. The implant is surgically placed under the skin behind the ear. An implant has four basic parts:

A microphone, which picks up sound from the environment;

A speech processor, which selects and arranges sounds picked up by the microphone;

A transmitter and receiver/stimulator, which receive signals from the speech processor and convert them into electric impulses;

And electrodes, which collect the impulses from the stimulator and send them to the brain.
An implant does not restore or create normal hearing. Instead, under the appropriate conditions, it can give a deaf person a useful auditory understanding of the environment and help him or her to understand speech.

A cochlear implant is very different from a hearing aid. Hearing aids amplify sound. Cochlear implants compensate for damaged or non-working parts of the inner ear.""

That is BIG difference.

Fuzzy

Last reply for Audiofuzzy

We should (including you) listen what VamPyroX said and You did disrespect to me too. Stop argue and start manner.

Finally, I'm apologize for being rude and you need tell apology to me.

Sweetmind said:
Yea yea same old routine as well as it s the same thing with HA.. NO difference between HA and CI.. Whats more we can hear a very basic language that is nothing more than just basic language that we can understand ... So there!

CI's and HA's are vastly different. You'd be well seved to research this (there are a plethora of threads on the comparisons between them on this forum you'd simply have to search for them,) and many implantees hear far more than just "basic language"

You should educate yourself before you start sprouting off anti-CI propaganda.

Back