:)

Y said:
i have to admit that i find these kind of sounds
such bird chirping, waves, music etc are very
insignificant to me ... perhaps the same
way about that raspberry sounds being
very insignficant to you
:)

That's certainly understandable. We all have our tastes. My brother loves to listen to heavy metal music - and my parents hate it. I like the sound of wind chimes, but a friend of mine hates them.

And I have a friend who loves fart sounds :laugh2: I got her a can of FLARP (a type of plastic putty that makes farting sounds when you squeeze it) and she loved it!!

Different strokes :)

Bear said:
It is posted here cause you were the one to bring this up originally. Do you always chose to ignore the things you brought up and then not want to hear the retailating remark to it?

I was very polite to you and I did ask a question of you. My point being was not to pass judgement on all of us on SSI or SSDI.

Thanks,
Bear
I am very interested in seeing this link to the thread you mentioned above.

Thanks so much for your apology, I do accept it and I wasnt trying to insinuate that you meant just ME in particular. I do tend to get a little sensitive on just that very topic, because, just sometimes, there are those of us who do feel bad about needing a SSI check.

And as much as i hate to say it, sure there are able bodied people on SSI, I know quite a few of them myself. but ask yourself this while posting about SSI and this question is to ANYONE who posts about SSI, my mother worked for over 30 years, and then her health went very south. Without SSI would I have been able to quit my job to take care of her? Seriously doubt that. If you lost your job and couldnt find another one, had kids, and needed money right away what would you do? SSI, sure is not the cure all and should not be used for long term I do agree with that to a point.

But, if you are out of a job or have some other circumstance by all means use SSI or SSDI till you are able to get a job again or your circumstances change.

Sorry, I know this is off-topic but it was brought up in here.

Many thanks for apologizing SR it does talk alot to do that as I so realize myself, and i do apologize if I was being overly sensitive.

Bear said:
I am very interested in seeing this link to the thread you mentioned above.

Thanks so much for your apology, I do accept it and I wasnt trying to insinuate that you meant just ME in particular. I do tend to get a little sensitive on just that very topic, because, just sometimes, there are those of us who do feel bad about needing a SSI check.

And as much as i hate to say it, sure there are able bodied people on SSI, I know quite a few of them myself. but ask yourself this while posting about SSI and this question is to ANYONE who posts about SSI, my mother worked for over 30 years, and then her health went very south. Without SSI would I have been able to quit my job to take care of her? Seriously doubt that. If you lost your job and couldnt find another one, had kids, and needed money right away what would you do? SSI, sure is not the cure all and should not be used for long term I do agree with that to a point.

But, if you are out of a job or have some other circumstance by all means use SSI or SSDI till you are able to get a job again or your circumstances change.

Sorry, I know this is off-topic but it was brought up in here.

Many thanks for apologizing SR it does talk alot to do that as I so realize myself, and i do apologize if I was being overly sensitive.

No problem. I'm glad to clear the air with you.

Anyway, this is the link I found and you get a whole gamet of opinions. Many reasonable and some quite way out there...

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=17968&highlight=ssdi

As for your tough questions, yea it is not an easy thing when circumstances (life - beyond one's control) knock you for a loop.

Last edited:
Back