Deafhood? No thanks.

To be on context kokonut did post a blog entry at his site with the intention & effluence for getting the word of this facebook group out.

People have got to recognize, not everyone is willing to join anything these days as the spur of the moment.

Skepticism is an alternative that presents a cautioned approach to dealing with advertising of sorts, rather than fully joining and handling with drama later.

Amazing how often you "simply observe" the posts of a couple of posters so often.:lol:

To be on context kokonut did post a blog entry at his site with the intention & effluence for getting the word of this facebook group out.

People have got to recognize, not everyone is willing to join anything these days as the spur of the moment.

Skepticism is an alternative that presents a cautioned approach to dealing with advertising of sorts, rather than fully joining and handling with drama later.

Exactly. "Getting the word out" can appear to be remarkably like "fulfilling a grudge".

So, if you disagree with their motives and intents, ignore the group. You have a choice not to join. Frankly, you are just mirroring their actions by starting a thread here to discuss the whys and wherefores of the groups intentions.

Gossip much?

Much as we all love you, I don't think you will be accepted or appreciated as the spokesperson for Deafhood! :lol:

I agree with others about Deafread. Used to read it all the time until it became too much about people's experiences with being able to hear and speak. Lost interest.

Effluence? You probably meant "influence."

Skepticism aptly describes that group about "deafhood." This FB group is simply saying "no thanks." Although I can't imagine people getting upset over that for not kowtowing to a made up feel-good philosophy. Also, nothing wrong in letting people know about this group either. Rather suprising that some actually objected in what I did in my blog in announcing a new FB group.

Effluence (noun) - 1
: something that flows out

Influence (noun)
: 3 a : the act or power of producing an effect without apparent exertion of force or direct exercise of command b : corrupt interference with authority for personal gain.

I'm pretty sure I meant effluence. :dunno:

Skepticism aptly describes that group about "deafhood." This FB group is simply saying "no thanks." Although I can't imagine people getting upset over that for not kowtowing to a made up feel-good philosophy. Also, nothing wrong in letting people know about this group either. Rather suprising that some actually objected in what I did in my blog in announcing a new FB group.

"Rather suprising"? You probably meant surprising right? (This brings me back memories where I wrote a thread about common spelling mistakes done by hearing people who spell by pro/enunciation. :lol:)

No one is saying they don't accept what you wrote in your blog. Don't make assumptions about yourself, I didn't even state anything about your blog other than the fact that you announced it there.

"Rather suprising"? You probably meant surprising right? (This brings me back memories where I wrote a thread about common spelling mistakes done by hearing people who spell by pro/enunciation. :lol:)

No one is saying they don't accept what you wrote in your blog. Don't make assumptions about yourself, I didn't even state anything about your blog other than the fact that you announced it there.

Sticky rrrr key. Don't be suprised if an 'r' goes missing once in a while.

Dan it!

Yep, "influence" does not sound the same as "effluence," phonetically that is.

Well actually, the site they left, that A mentions, they thought it was invaded with people who are too "hearing minded."

I suppose I could be considered "hearing minded" to some people but my response to them is that they can go take a flying leap off of a short pier into a shallow pool.

I'd sign up, except I hate facebutt and twitter... (I probably am more pissed at deafhood but...)

eh that's new word to me but i'm not joining deafhood cuz not my postion to hear about sad stories about how they learn to speak and etc.. so I rather stay where i belong but I'm staying away from "deafhood" that's for sure :P

Nope, I think effluence was the correct terminology. Hot air escaping from a bodily orafice.

:lol: You did seem very impassioned!

Impassioned regarding the rights of the Deaf to be left to their perceptions and ideals, without the interference and gossip of those that consider themselves to be somewhat superior due to their oral skills.;)

Don't agree with them...leave them to themselves. Constant comment on the wrongness of their ideas is, well, just wrong. And self-serving.

Back