Deafhood? No thanks.

I wouldn't join something it. I don't want waste my life fighting against people over deafhood either.

Not fighting anything, just disagreeing and stating my opinions here and there. Hence, the polite "Deafhood? No thanks" comment shouldn't upset anybody. But they seem to upset them anyway.

And I think the term deafhood upset you. Same difference.(I know you aren't, but I think you are jumping in conclusion that they are... either way, I don't think anybody cares.)

Not quite, A.

There is a difference when one disagrees on the use of the word versus people actually getting upset over saying "Deafhood? No thanks" to the point of actually calling it a "hate speech" or a "hate crime." Some even got upset over the prospect of money donated to D?NT thinking it's an organization. It's not. Just a bunch of people signing up and saying, "Deafhood? No thanks."

I am. Though I don't go around calling people names. And yes, I'm sure somebody here made my case on being emotionally upset and angry against D?NT.

I am. Though I don't go around calling people names. And yes, I'm sure somebody here made my case on being emotionally upset and angry against D?NT.

I don't think youre all butthurt. I don't care either.

I just want the right image of the label "Deafhood" projected. Threads and groups like this leads to confusion. It's not necessary to have more negativity in the deaf community. It's already bad enough as is.

no you don't call people names but you make insidious reference. You're as cheap as my discounted suits from Men's Warehouse... using cheapshot tactic like Chris Wallace tried on Bill Clinton at his interview. Bob Weave? comical. He got TKO'ed.

that's why I'm on your ignore list :wave:

I don't think youre all butthurt. I don't care either.

I just want the right image of the label "Deafhood" projected. Threads and groups like this leads to confusion. It's not necessary to have more negativity in the deaf community. It's already bad enough as is.

I think they pretty much do that to themselves in creating that negative image on their own. Remember, 99.95% of the population don't understand Deaf culture. They see things differently. Sometimes they are right, too.

There's so much more to life than this crap or my audiogram. :lol:

I think they pretty much do that to themselves in creating that negative image on their own. Remember, 99.95% of the population don't understand Deaf culture. They see things differently. Sometimes they are right, too.

Yeah, and you're contributing to the negative image as well. That is what I dislike. :)

In fact I do think you enjoy contributing negative images.

Yeah, and you're contributing to the negative image as well. That is what I dislike. :)

In fact I do think you enjoy contributing negative images.

How can I? My motto is that deaf/hh people can do anything, including hear. They just need to be better empowered and on equal footing with their hearing counterparts.

Back