Deafhood? No thanks.

kokonut

Reaction score
There is a new Facebook group called, "Deafhood? No thanks."

Your thots?

There is a new Facebook group called, "Deafhood? No thanks."

Your thots?

I really do not join any groups in FB unless I know the group. I do not just join any deaf groups that pops up.. If I did, it would be overwhelming. LOL Too many Facebook groups out there in the first place.

They created that group after a few deaf people decided to leave deafread. It's just their reaction to it. from what I understand people like to blog about people, and some facebook group is the last place you want to join.

Not this Deafhood. But I join the Deaf Native facebook and it is pretty good to me. Love it. No problem. I join other Deaf like Deaf Community and few of them. :)

Like Bebonang, I belong to Deaf Community and others, but not Deafhood.

They created that group after a few deaf people decided to leave deafread. It's just their reaction to it. from what I understand people like to blog about people, and some facebook group is the last place you want to join.

So this group is related to another deaf site? Blogging on their own people?

Thanks for the heads up, definitely not interested in Deafhood now.

Well actually, the site they left, that A mentions, they thought it was invaded with people who are too "hearing minded."

Well actually, the site they left, that A mentions, they thought it was invaded with people who are too "hearing minded."

I thought Deafhood was about each deaf person having a individual and unique journey through life and celebrating the diversity. Am I wrong?

I thought Deafhood was about each deaf person having a individual and unique journey through life and celebrating the diversity. Am I wrong?

I would agree with that. But some groups have made it entirely a different concept.

Not really. They got it the other way around. People left DeafRead because the owner of the site wouldn't put audism on the R-list. Of course that's a touchy subject because how one person define audism is different from another person. So, yeah, bottesini is right. They left DeafRead because they viewed it as too "hearing-minded," too "pro-CI" and so on.

"Deafhood? No thanks" don't have anything to do with DeafRead from what I understand.

Back