Deafhood? No thanks.

Who cares? If they want "Deafhood", let them. What does it have to do with you?

Sure. They are free to want that. Just as those who are free not to have to do anything with "deafhood."

Well actually, the site they left, that A mentions, they thought it was invaded with people who are too "hearing minded."

Ahh, It is where the Deaf Militants gather up. I came across people like that. Since I wear hearing aids. I was too "Hearing" for them.

Ahh, It is where the Deaf Militants gather up. I came across people like that. Since I wear hearing aids. I was too "Hearing" for them.

:lol: I enjoy my hearing aids! And if I am lucky, I won't get run over. :wave:

Not really. They got it the other way around. People left DeafRead because the owner of the site wouldn't put audism on the R-list. Of course that's a touchy subject because how one person define audism is different from another person. So, yeah, bottesini is right. They left DeafRead because they viewed it as too "hearing-minded," too "pro-CI" and so on.

"Deafhood? No thanks" don't have anything to do with DeafRead from what I understand.

If you read their statements why they started Deafhood, no thanks, it had alot to do with deafread.

you can read more what they are talking about The ASL Project

It all started why they oppose AB702072 and the fight began

Just to let you know, One the gal in deafhood gang have a daughter with CI

What? Just ignore them. U are not too hearing to me. U are just like us. :)

you can read more what they are talking about The ASL Project

It all started why they oppose AB702072 and the fight began

Just to let you know, One the gal in deafhood gang have a daughter with CI

This blog seems really angry and negative towards a lots of different people. It bashes everyone from "Signing Time" to interpreters....

do what? I didn't see "signing time" anywhere

They don't use the name "Signing Time" but it says:

"They deny the Deaf ASL as children, but produce the multi-million dollar Baby Sign video series for hearing babies. (Are there any Deaf people reaping such profit?) "

"Signing Time" is the number one selling signing series for kids, who else would they be talking about?

And for the record, Rachel Coleman, the mom from "Signing Time" had her daughter in my daughter's bi-bi school until she was mainstreamed in 1st grade with an interpreter.

signing time is not baby sign. If you read carefully, they are talking about how they use ASL for their own profit.

signing time is not baby sign. If you read carefully, they are talking about how they use ASL for their own profit.

There is a whole series called "BABY Signing Time". I don't understand how this is not aimed at them. If it wasn't meant for "Signing Time", why not? How is that company different from every other company that makes signing videos or book for kids? Why do they need to stop but "Signing Time" is ok? (Signing Time makes a profit from ASL and the founders are both hearing.)

If you read their statements why they started Deafhood, no thanks, it had alot to do with deafread.

No, A. It has nothing to do with deafread on what that group is about.

Created on May 18th, 2010 - For people who do not subscribe to deafhood's ridiculous closed society philosophy and movement such as 'deaf power' movement and 'one communication option' approach.

For people who favor open society approaches such as equality for all deaf people regardless of their backgrounds, communication methods and technology options.

Although the catalyst in the decision to go ahead was about how Deaf people treated Tayler in Deafread and DVTV.

I decided to form this site after seeing deafhoodized folks make an attempt to destroy Tayler and his deafvideo.tv and deafread.com web sites. Have had enough of these hoodized people thinking they are superior to the rest of the deaf people on the face of this earth.

Souggy is right when he said it's not about Deafread. It's about the attitudes behind such a movement .

There is a whole series called "BABY Signing Time". I don't understand how this is not aimed at them. If it wasn't meant for "Signing Time", why not? How is that company different from every other company that makes signing videos or book for kids? Why do they need to stop but "Signing Time" is ok? (Signing Time makes a profit from ASL and the founders are both hearing.)

Some baby sign programs have seen how ASL help deaf babies communicate so they decide to start their own company. Some them make up their own signs. They really don't care about ASL or deaf people. Just money.

Some baby sign programs have seen how ASL help deaf babies communicate so they decide to start their own company. Some them make up their own signs. They really don't care about ASL or deaf people. Just money.

Says who? Do you know the founders of these companies? Why do people assume that because someone is hearing and does something with ASL (even if it being an interpreter, something that is a real need in the Deaf community) some insist that it is done for a bad reason?

People need to see all baby sign programs as a plus in the continuing exposure to ASL/sign language rather than as a negative. Doesn't matter if the person who started it is deaf or hearing. Focus on the positive effort rather than to discriminate whether a person is deaf or not in creating baby sign businesses.

Says who? Do you know the founders of these companies? Why do people assume that because someone is hearing and does something with ASL (even if it being an interpreter, something that is a real need in the Deaf community) some insist that it is done for a bad reason?
Just read their own point of it.

Back