Deaf Children's Bill of Rights

No, dear, I live in the real world. You live in a created one.

im not your dear and as I said you live in the same world as mine only you view it differently , I think that covers it sweetheart

im not your dear and as I said you live in the same world as mine only you view it differently , I think that covers it sweetheart

Since you are about to take this thread way off topic, I will bow out with the borrowing of DeafDoc1's sign: "I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

Now back to The Deaf Child's Bill of Rights.

deaf children allready have equal access I dont know what your talking about
my two cents
and you got ripped off!!!

Dont knock it until you have tried it.

that bill should not pass, because then its like saying oh were too stupid to help ourselves.
How so? Please elaborate. Do you believe that deaf education as it currently stands is working for the majority of deaf kids? Do you believe it is the best it can be? Do you think that there even exist consensus and standards in the education of deaf children? Do you think that all deaf children should have equal access to an education which should be no less then what their hearing peers have access to?

How exactly would you help yourself when you there are soo many inequities within the educational system. How will Babyface change the world? What the bill is intended to do is help ensure that deaf kids have an equal chance and access to the same level of education that hearing kids have. What is wrong with that?

you live in the same world I do, only you view it differently

Babyface, can you explain to us what is your view regarding to our view toward to Deaf Children's Bill of Rights? Maybe we would like to know your good feedback with positive outlooks to avoid conflict by both parties. Allow us to understand your reasons.

If there's nothing to say, best to go back to the topic as we discuss to progress. Much appreciated.

Nothing. If you find my comment offencing to you too. My apologied.

Anyone, if any of you find my words offencing you - allow me to apology to you all. I never mentioned names here to whom I'm against. I am against no one but seeking for challenging and bring up good debate as well with gathering information.

Thank you. :)

Not offended at all Inge Jean.

We were talking a little militant for a few minutes but I would gladly put on the comfy shoes, grab my sign, and protest for something as important as full access for all D/deaf children and adults.

Babyface, can you explain to us what is your view regarding to our view toward to Deaf Children's Bill of Rights? Maybe we would like to know your good feedback with positive outlooks to avoid conflict by both parties. Allow us to understand your reasons.

If there's nothing to say, best to go back to the topic as we discuss to progress. Much appreciated.

im saying everyone has equal acess as it is, just to get more free handouts is wrong, we need to strive through adversity thats what makes us strong otherwise the world will see that we are weak since we need all these programs, we arent we are a strong people we just dont realize it

How is it equal access when a deaf child misses out on what is being said in the classroom on a daily basis when the hearing kids don't? Pls enlight me on that one, Babyface.

How is it equal access when a deaf child misses out on what is being said in the classroom on a daily basis when the hearing kids don't? Pls enlight me on that one, Babyface.

tell me how a deaf kid misses out, if they arent in the class? if this was truly whats going on all deaf kids would be essentially low iqd since obviously they didnt learn anything, since they cant hear the lesson, no ive seen deaf kids in there own classes, asl classes whatever there own little group they are not with the so called main streamed hearing students

tell me how a deaf kid misses out, if they arent in the class? if this was truly whats going on all deaf kids would be essentially low iqd since obviously they didnt learn anything, since they cant hear the lesson, no ive seen deaf kids in there own classes, asl classes whatever there own little group they are not with the so called main streamed hearing students

I was one of those deaf kids who was constantly left out in class. So I guess I have a low IQ according to your theory.

Not offended at all Inge Jean.

We were talking a little militant for a few minutes but I would gladly put on the comfy shoes, grab my sign, and protest for something as important as full access for all D/deaf children and adults.

Absolutely! That what I am here for. :ty:

im saying everyone has equal acess as it is, just to get more free handouts is wrong, we need to strive through adversity thats what makes us strong otherwise the world will see that we are weak since we need all these programs, we arent we are a strong people we just dont realize it

Absolutely, you got it but it seems that the political issue pull it off to make it not happen to have equal access for Deaf children/adult. So if this in case, Deaf people today would better have access and equal rights with hearing society with job, education, etc to meet up the full potential in the first place. Some Deaf survivors got lucky but the rest go unlucky.

As we discuss here as we have the same mind and the same stuggle against the infallible Deaf education system. We are actually fighting with minor group of Deaf people, secondly most Deaf people were afraid to speak up and this made us extra peanut group which made us look like an idiot - that's the problem... How are we able to show our desperately need to have a proper education for future Deaf children? That got us frustrating dragging on. Sigh!

Enjoy your evening.

Putting a child in a classroom is not equal access.

I was one of those deaf kids who was constantly left out in class. So I guess I have a low IQ according to your theory.

so you were in a mainstream class? and you did fine? ok then why would you need more help and so called access if you did well?

Absolutely, you got it but it seems that the political issue pull it off to make it not happen to have equal access for Deaf children/adult. So if this in case, Deaf people today would better have access and equal rights with hearing society with job, education, etc to meet up the full potential in the first place. Some Deaf survivors got lucky but the rest go unlucky.

As we discuss here as we have the same mind and the same stuggle against the infallible Deaf education system. We are actually fighting with minor group of Deaf people, secondly most Deaf people were afraid to speak up and this made us extra peanut group which made us look like an idiot - that's the problem... How are we able to show our desperately need to have a proper education for future Deaf children? That got us frustrating dragging on. Sigh!

Enjoy your evening.

hmmm thats kinda intersting, ok I dont beleive we need more programs for deaf kids, as long as they get the same amount of education as hearing kids and vice versa which I think they allready do, but I also know this I dont think all school districts may or may not be allowing eqaul education, however I know some do so what needs to happen is target the schools that dont allow same education, not the ones that give equal access allready, and the point im making is dont give more access to the deaf kid and none to the hearing kid thats discriminatory. but I think your making a valid point

so you were in a mainstream class? and you did fine? ok then why would you need more help and so called access if you did well?

I don't think u quite understand the magnitude of all the problems that stem from not having equal access to language, information, and education.

I don't think u quite understand the magnitude of all the problems that stem from not having equal access to language, information, and education.

Indeed not. I'm not a TOD like Shel here but I've seen far too many of my classmates struggle with language delays and I've heard too many stories about mainstream and I know what's it's like cuz I've lived their stories as well.

Back