Deaf Children's Bill of Rights

Yes! That correct..
94% percent AT School CI-CHILDREN aren't allowed use sign languages in Ontario,Canada.
I have no idea information further about rest other provinces. I'll find it out soon w/my friend source rest other provinces.

You should do something about it, don't let it go through, You'll be the hero in all those deaf children's eyes in Canada. ;)

I should do something in our state of Ohio, I would need more deaf people who's willing to stand up and fight with me to make this bill of rights for deaf children to pass.

WTG everyone! It is really great to see everyone so willing to get behind this issue!

That is just so wrong!

That is what I am afraid when I see the rumor from the Deaf community mentioned about Nova Scotia having all deaf and hard of hearing children get CI so that everone will talk in oral. No sign language allow. :rl:This make my blood boil. Let us hope that we can do something about it and tell the parliament MP to stop changing us in all provinces. :whip:

That is what I am afraid when I see the rumor from the Deaf community mentioned about Nova Scotia having all deaf and hard of hearing children get CI so that everone will talk in oral. No sign language allow. :rl:This make my blood boil. Let us hope that we can do something about it and tell the parliament MP to stop changing us in all provinces. :whip:

*shake my head* Secondly I do agree /wyou 110%
Making me feel *Let's blunt'em the Gov't* Exposed them educate TOTALLY WRONG WRONG banned Sign Languages! How can children understand without sign languages lead into misunderstand more.. Anything bring evidence? I bet Gov't will not willing stand up this shit listening rest of Deaf Community or rescoures.. Tired of weak teeth..

Long silence - we need to put this topic back on

Greeting to you all fellow brothers and sisters (the reason why I call you this is because you are my family such as Deaf family who have the same mind and culture in Deaf world)

Hi all, I am new here in DeafAll - saying about Bill of Rights for Deaf people. Rockdrummer and Jillio and others who did discussed on this matter, let bring it up again after long silence.

Does anyone manage to hammer the paper of Bill of Rights for Deaf people on the door like Martin Luther do the way back in 1500's?

So what's happening now? Any result?

:cool2:

Are we marching on the State House jillio?

Given enough time to send emails and call, I know I could get a crowd from the south headed that way :)

:h5: Power to the people!!

The state of things in deaf education is so appalling. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Our deaf and hard of hearing kids really are being shortchanged in the field of education...and that's a freaking understatement.

The state of things in deaf education is so appalling. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Our deaf and hard of hearing kids really are being shortchanged in the field of education...and that's a freaking understatement.

Oh yes...very much so.

Are we marching on the State House jillio?

Given enough time to send emails and call, I know I could get a crowd from the south headed that way :)

:h5: Power to the people!!

I'm game if you are, girl! I gotta pair of walking shoes in the closet.:wave:

I'm game if you are, girl! I gotta pair of walking shoes in the closet.:wave:

Usually I am one watching that everyone is behaving themselves and not a participant :) but for something like this I'd gladly join in and do it! Perhaps even wear the blue suit for affect :) I would take the write up for something positive.

That is what Judy Groner and the DB had to do in northern Oh to get the point across about interpreters for the D/DB in doctors offices and hospitals. I loved hearing about that protest first hand.

Perhaps if friendly persuasion doesn't get some action (letters/emails) then we should organize! :)

Huh??? Everything seems off the track after all I asked you several questions. What kind of discussion here? Sigh! Please try focus on some primarily important questions in reality otherwise I would waste my time posting here and will definetely feel disappointing.

Get things back in track and get reality otherwise we are making Bill of Rights for Deaf people/children as toliet paper! Sorry for saying things straight, pull up your socks and get back to work as we are seeking to debate here.

Right, I am waiting...

Huh??? Everything seems off the track after all I asked you several questions. What kind of discussion here? Sigh! Please try focus on some primarily important questions in reality otherwise I would waste my time posting here and will definetely feel disappointing.

Get things back in track and get reality otherwise we are making Bill of Rights for Deaf people/children as toliet paper! Sorry for saying things straight, pull up your socks and get back to work as we are seeking to debate here.

Right, I am waiting...
Inge Jean. To check to see what is going on you can click here. Unfortunately in my state the bill did not pass. What specific questions do you have?

Right, I am waiting...

We are discussing what we can do as citizens and advocates to influence the passing of this legislation. It is on topic.

Right, I am waiting...

Three posts and already this attitude?

Three posts and already this attitude?
Don't be hatin? It's a topic I can imagine many would be passionate about.

What really blows is when I go to the link for my state and look at the votes and full text details to try and find out why it didn't pass, it takes me to a link about administering anestesia. What a crock of shit. My tax dollars at work. I am to a point of apathy when it comes to anything regarding the government.

Right, thank you Rockdrummer and Jillio. :)

I am curious asking, have any states passed the Bill of Right for Deaf children? Which states have passed and which not?

I have looked up at NAD website and it's wonderful, any positive result or good respond from people regarding to this matter?

Thank you.

:ily:

Last edited:
Bottesini,

Good at counting! :thumb:

Which is better if I can change my talking back to common words or speaking something different? Is that the attitude? If I say something normal, people won't notice so I rather talk something different for a change as good advertisting. :laugh2:

:cool2:

Does anybody know how one would go about getting the bill back on the table if it didn't pass in a given state?

Back