Best Buy supports muslim holiday but NOT Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
um.. LOL, religious people still do party and have sex..

maybe we don't want to go to church/temple/mosques/etc. or have anything to do with god(s) because we don't believe in any of it? it's not that hard to grasp.

that's their reason too. They don't believe any of it and it's always been that way... like I said, it's no new news. or nothing new under the sun.

yes, I know some people who believe in God have sex and party.... and go to church.(but I promise you, if the church tell them to stop that, you bet they will stop going to that church)

They were. I bet they'd shop at Best Buy, too!:giggle:

Yeah... I always found it odd that the Constitution refer to a Creator, not a God... Didn't know why until someone from Georgia explained it, and it was reinforced in college.

that's their reason too. They don't believe any of it and it's always been that way... like I said, it's no new news.

yes, I know some people who believe in God have sex and party.... and go to church.

Soooo....religion is all about being in a specific location come Sunday morning? Some seem to think that's all there is to it. They can be nasty, dispicable, hateful, liars and theives the rest of the week as long as they are sitting in their pew come Sunday morning. Shame while they are sitting there they fail to grasp even a small portion of what the man they claim to serve had to say.

It's more than that. you wouldn't understand :) it's not about attendant.

I do wish people wouldn't make people work on Sundays though.

First of all, that's a red herring. Has nothing to do with the founding principles of our nation. But I'll answer your question anyway:

It depends on your definition of the word "Christian." If you mean someone who goes to church regularly, believes Jesus Christ died for their sins, and accepts and follows all the teachings and dogma of the Christian religion to the best of their ability, I would say NO.

If you mean someone who is simply expected to be Christian because of their upbringing, and because they have nothing else to believe in, but really do not go to church or follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, except when it is convenient to do so (and claim to be doing so), then I'd say MAYBE.

The fact of the matter is, religion has no place in politics or the identity of this nation. It is its own institution with its own identity and politics.

:werd:
The most dangerous weapon in the world is religious fervor.

I wouldn't understand? :lol: Let's just say someone doesn't understand, but it's not me. What about not making people work on Saturday? Some people attend religious services on Saturday. What about Wednesday? Some people attend religious services on Wed. Heck, why make people work at all. God will provide.

Okay. I see people complain so much. Well, let's remove all happy holidays!

... ... ...Well, I don't think it is fair to excluded Christmas and allowed another religious holidays. I used to love Best Buy until I saw tv news. I totally lost respect for Best Buy. :( So, I can understand Eve's POV, but I don't know if I want to shop at Best Buy or not.

Good riddance... =/

nothing new under the sun = Ecclesiastes

Read that and it didn't have the answer, either.

Thanks, anakin. It's a fun crowd! LOL!

I wouldn't understand? :lol: Let's just say someone doesn't understand, but it's not me. What about not making people work on Saturday? Some people attend religious services on Saturday. What about Wednesday? Some people attend religious services on Wed. Heck, why make people work at all. God will provide.

some people have to work or they would be fired.

Like my husband or my friend had to work certain number of sundays at walmart or she would be let off (or won't be hired)

yes,they on wednesday too.

We can't have too many mixed up days or no one will fellowship!

why? is it because it's the day of worship for christians? not fair to those non-believers and people of other religions.. sunday is just like any other day of the week.

why? is it because it's the day of worship for christians? not fair to those non-believers and people of other religions.. sunday is just like any other day of the week.

In Ontario, it used to be illegal for retailers and such to open on Sundays. That was changed in the 90s.

Okay. I see people complain so much. Well, let's remove all happy holidays!

... ... ...Well, I don't think it is fair to excluded Christmas and allowed another religious holidays. I used to love Best Buy until I saw tv news. I totally lost respect for Best Buy. :( So, I can understand Eve's POV, but I don't know if I want to shop at Best Buy or not.

Good riddance... =/

*sigh* you are so close-minded.. why can't you accept the fact that there are other holidays out there that need recognition just as much as christmas? it's not all about christmas, you know.

it would be way better if nothing like this existed.. no more controversy!

Freedom of religion. If you want to claim the priviledge for yourself, you must aslso grant it to others. If you refuse to do so, you are nothing more than bigoted and prejudiced.

This is not a Christian country. It is a country that supports the freedom of all its citizens to practice the religion of their choice. Our forefathers were fleeing from religious persecution. It is the fundamental premise behind freedom of religion.

:gpost:s

If everyone had Eve's mindset, then people in the Islamic religion could be complaining that Wal-Mart doesn't have Ramadan sales, but has Christmas sales.

Yepper. I heard they are having a secret board meeting to deal with all the people that are up in arms.:lol:
You spelled a word wrong. It is a secret bored meeting.:giggle:

In Ontario, it used to be illegal for retailers and such to open on Sundays. That was changed in the 90s.

And I think that was changed by the Seventh-day Adventists if I remember correctly, since they wanted to work on Sundays, but have Saturdays off.

Anyway, as entertaining as this thread has been, I see why religion is not a topic allowed to be discussed at Alldeaf. Some ignorant people do not accept that there are people out there that believe differently than they do. It's ethnocentric behaviour.

Anyways, I suggest that the mods close this thread before it gets really ugly. :) Especially since this is discussing religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back