Best Buy supports muslim holiday but NOT Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes no difference to me. I don't celebrate the holidays with greedy consumerism anyway. There's nothing that merchants can do to lure me into their stores to buy cheap products made in China for over-inflated prices. I'm going to be enjoying a quiet, meaningful holiday at home.

not everyone celebrates christmas, you know that.

nope, but I would rather that if Best Buy is going to keep all holidays lumped into one, that they do that and not just pay special attention to a muslim holiday. Otherwise, they should be saying "Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, etc". Especially when the holiday they are supporting is one of sacrificing animals *blah*

Why are you so riled up? You just hate it when Best Buy is just wishing Muslims a holiday? You think Christians should be given preferential treatment? Geesh!

And Thanksgiving is the day of sacrifice, you eat turkey and ham, don't you?

netrox, you really should read before you respond. I NEVER insinuated that Christians should receive preferential treatment. What I did say was that if best buy is going to do it for one, they should do it for ALL, or none at ALL.

As for Thanksgiving, we don't celebrate the slaughter of the turkey. We just eat it. Big difference.

Freedom of religion. If you want to claim the priviledge for yourself, you must aslso grant it to others. If you refuse to do so, you are nothing more than bigoted and prejudiced.

Why are you so riled up? You just hate it when Best Buy is just wishing Muslims a holiday? You think Christians should be given preferential treatment? Geesh!

And Thanksgiving is the day of sacrifice, you eat turkey and ham, don't you?
The USA was founded as a Christian nation. And as much as people say Church and State are seperate just look at the US government. In God we trust is all over our currency. When you are in court you swear on the Holy Bible. Etched in stone in the facad of the Supreme Court is Moses holding the 10 commandments. But because we are a free society we have stoped saying Merry Cristmas and replaced it with Happy Holidays so we don't offend anyone that is not of Christian background. Essentially this country is giving up it's identity as a Christian nation in order to satisfy the minority.

It would not go over in other countries. Just try to go to any other non-christian coutry and try to impose your religous will. Let me know how that works our for ya.

I'm sorry but if we have to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas then Happy Holidays it is for everyone. If you want to be diverse then make sure you include other beliefs as well. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

The USA was founded as a Christian nation. And as much as people say Church and State are seperate just look at the US government. In God we trust is all over our currency. When you are in court you swear on the Holy Bible. Etched in stone in the facad of the Supreme Court is Moses holding the 10 commandments. But because we are a free society we have stoped saying Merry Cristmas and replaced it with Happy Holidays so we don't offend anyone that is not of Christian background. Essentially this country is giving up it's identity as a Christian nation in order to satisfy the minority.

It would not go over in other countries. Just try to go to any other non-christian coutry and try to impose your religous will. Let me know how that works our for ya.

I'm sorry but if we have to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas then Happy Holidays it is for everyone. If you want to be diverse then make sure you include other beliefs as well. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

My brother and I were just discussing that last week..we said almost the same thing! Feels like Deja Vu!

Good points, RD.

Exactly my point. Well said!

This is not a Christian country. It is a country that supports the freedom of all its citizens to practice the religion of their choice. Our forefathers were fleeing from religious persecution. It is the fundamental premise behind freedom of religion.

Best Buy can do whatever they want. I don't care. I still shop there.

I just hope they let their christian employees say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" or whatever their beliefs are.

Although, as for right now, alot of people are hurt because of terrorists who claimed to be muslims (like 9/11 and the war) so this is really a bad time to celebrate until everything settle down. Bad business strategy on their part especially the majority are christians and it could hurt their business.

This is not a Christian country. It is a country that supports the freedom of all its citizens to practice the religion of their choice. Our forefathers were fleeing from religious persecution. It is the fundamental premise behind freedom of religion.
I am in no way trying to turn this into a religous discussion.

Source: USA founded as a Christian Nation? Quotes from Jefferson, Adams, Washington
Was the United States founded as a Christian Nation?
The Christian majority
It is true that that Christianity was the majority religion of the first european colonists, it was the majority religion at the time of the country's founding and has remained by far the dominant religion throughout the history of our country. There is no doubt that the country was settled by Christians and has been populated by a Christian majority.

The statement that is commonly made is that "The United States was founded as a Christian Nation". To examine this statement we will look at the founding documents: the Declaration of independence and the Constitution. As well as the Treaty of Tripoli and The beliefs of the Founding Fathers.

If the Best Buy celebrates El Eid, why don't they celebrate Jewish holidays like Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur?

If the Best Buy celebrates El Eid, why don't they celebrate Jewish holidays like Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur?

Freedom of choice. Perhaps the CEOs are Muslim and not Jewish, or Christian.

I don't care about what they would celebrate, I prefer to celebrate in Happy Holidays because it is for everyone.

We are aware of that however...they are not aware of what kind of natiion we are in.

United States of America is a christian country where most of the religion is obviously held at. Japan and China are Buddhism nations thou very few worship Christianity...etc it's the way it is.

Even Target have those signs up saying "Merry Christmas" to shoppers thou it offended some customers who dont even believe in Christianity so...why should that bother them if they don't believe in it anyway? Its not like we are forcing them to believe in whatever we believe in...US is a christian country...but of course it does have freedom of religions for everyone but still, most people in the US are into Christianity so...*shrugs*

Of course it would offend some American customers at best buy worshiping a religion not related to Christianity in a christian nation...would be very weird and considered terrorist like or whatever. Due to many problems we been having against Muslims these days.

But of course...like Foxrac said, "happy holidays" would be most appropriate for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back