Best Buy supports muslim holiday but NOT Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's impossible to talk about a religious holiday like Christmas without talking about religion.

Happy Thanksgiving without any religious overtones, my AD friends!

One thing to note... the whole controversy around "happy holidays" is really only limited to government-sponsored establishments... right? Or at least when it first started?

Corporates only started saying "happy holidays" out of respect for the costumers that complained, not because of the Constitution.

How do you know there were no Muslims or Hindus as the original settlers? How about Jews? Do we get rid of them too? I'd even wager a bet that there were a few atheists in the crew. After all, the only reason they docked was to get supplies to make more beer, not to got to church.

and criminals. the original settlers were the criminals banished by the Europeans especially England. America was originally thought to be a land for heretic and savages :lol:

*sigh* you are so close-minded..

=/ Thanks for prejudged me.

why can't you accept the fact that there are other holidays out there that need recognition just as much as christmas? it's not all about christmas, you know.

it would be way better if nothing like this existed.. no more controversy!

Uh, I am actually accept any happy holiday. I disagree about the first post. I believe happy holidays should be right one for any holiday.

Last year or two years ago, I was told by worker at wal mart that I was not allowed to say Merry Christmas cos she/he overheard us (hearing and deaf friends and I) talking...

That was totally unfair...

Last edited:
:werd:

Religion is one of the main culprits which often lead to a war.

Disagree. The ethnocentric idiots who believe their ways are the only ways are the main culprits which often lead to a war. Religion is meant to be a peaceful thing... it's the people that destroy the world.

Uh, I am actually accept any happy holiday. I disagree about the first post. I believe happy holidays should be right one for any holiday.

Last year or two years ago, I was told by worker at wal mart that I was not allowed to say Merry Christmas cos she/he overheard us talking...

That was totally unfair...

Then that's Wal-Mart's fault; not anyone else's fault.

[yt]2PkZHBgO3pw[/yt]

So much for the controversy.

they're making gift cards for other holidays?! how dare they! i'm so disgusted and appalled! i will NOT shop at best buy this season! :devil:

Oh noes!

The world is ending! Best Buy wishes Merry Christmas, but also wishing Eid al-Adha!

*starts a Doomsday cult waiting for the second Black Plague ... and lights a torch then start roaming the streets *

When I went to Best Buy last year to pick up an Xbox 360... I got wished "Merry Christmas"...

Why they're not allowed to extend that to non-Christians?

maybe the person who wished that is a christian herself and she is feeling christmassy. I doubt they require them to say it.

some people have to work or they would be fired.

Like my husband or my friend had to work certain number of sundays at walmart or she would be let off (or won't be hired)

yes,they on wednesday too.

We can't have too many mixed up days or no one will fellowship!

Then find a job that doesn't conflict with your religious practices. That's what the freedom to practice your religion is all about.

Then find a job that doesn't conflict with your religious practices. That's what the freedom to practice your religion is all about.

if there such thing. Thank goodness for chi-fi-a though.

we could say the same thing about race. Find a job that don't discrimination race or deafness.

nope, they will say, "we'll are looking for people who will work on Sundays so I can't hire you"

In Ontario, it used to be illegal for retailers and such to open on Sundays. That was changed in the 90s.

Used to be the practice here in the states, too. It changed during the late 60's around here. Wasn't illegal...just a cultural norm.

if there such thing.

we could say the same thing about race.

Race is not a choice. Religion is. Besides, if everyone had to take Sunday off, who would serve all those people that flock to the restaurants after church on Sunday? You know the ones...they missed the sermon on gluttony.

When I went to Best Buy last year to pick up an Xbox 360... I got wished "Merry Christmas"...

Why they're not allowed to extend that to non-Christians?

I was in the shopping center where our Best Buy is located today. There was a Christmas tree in the entrance, and a Salvation Army Bell ringer outside the door. Is this a new Muslim practice that I haven't heard about?

I was in the shopping center where our Best Buy is located today. There was a Christmas tree in the entrance, and a Salvation Army Bell ringer outside the door. Is this a new Muslim practice that I haven't heard about?

Yep, it's a ploy to brainwash the customers into converting to the religion of Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back