A Weekend Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Big time. I haven't stayed home for weekend since I moved in. So much tHings to do in here.

I can see that big difference once you moved out of DC to SF. Some of my friends who I grew up with, and ended up living in CA, loving it there. guess you made the right decision by moving there. lucky you.

Yeah? You like SF better than DC?
That's interesting. I haven't been to DC yet, but I thought they looked the same except the hills.

DC... makes you want to stay inside if you want to live longer :lol:

A couple weeks ago my brother got bitten twice by brown recluse spiders in his bedroom while sleeping, once on each forearm. He refused to go to the emergency room, and his bites looked awful, turning almost black and oozing puss. (yeah, I know he is a macho nut.) They started healing a few days ago, but they will leave ugly scars, almost like gunshot wounds I am afraid. Well, he got bitten AGAIN last night, once on his knee and once on his elbow. I told him they are godawful places for bites since they are so close to ligaments, and once again I urged him to the ER. He just shrugged and said Maybe tomorrow, we will see. Sigh. I just sprayed his bedroom very thoroughly with two cans of Raid, especially his mattress and tomorrow I will order some pesticide from Spiders | Kill Black Widows | Brown Recluse Spider | Spider Spray | Wolf Spider for quick delivery. I am flummoxed at the presence of brown recluse spiders and take care to keep my bedroom neat and uncluttered (he has books stacked on the floor in his room) but by golly, they had better watch out for me. GRRRR!!!

Hahaha Jiro..

I am glad you are feeling better KristinaB.

Bewolf..I have heard of horror stories by those dreadful spiders! Scary!

My weekend was busy as usual.

Friday night, my hubby, son, and I went to my friend's new store grand opening and enjoyed a free summer concert.

Yesterday, my son and I went to PA for a birthday party. It was great to see two of my girlfriends who lived there.

Today, I hit the gym for 2 hours and then 3 hours of yardwork (gardening, mowing the grass, trimming the grass, and washing our only SUV), took my brother to the airport for his flight to Vegas (lucky bastard!), and now watching TV with the netbook on my lap.

Very nice weekend.

Friday, I kayaked with a friend to a bbq and kayaked back in the dark.

Saturday, I worked on a farm, slept and went to a latin dance party with folks from practice.

Sunday, I packed my stuff. I'm moving into another room in the house I live in. I'm currently debating which swimsuit to order from Victoria's Secret. Good weekend, but I think I'm still tired from last weekend.

A couple weeks ago my brother got bitten twice by brown recluse spiders in his bedroom while sleeping, once on each forearm. He refused to go to the emergency room, and his bites looked awful, turning almost black and oozing puss. (yeah, I know he is a macho nut.) They started healing a few days ago, but they will leave ugly scars, almost like gunshot wounds I am afraid. Well, he got bitten AGAIN last night, once on his knee and once on his elbow. I told him they are godawful places for bites since they are so close to ligaments, and once again I urged him to the ER. He just shrugged and said Maybe tomorrow, we will see. Sigh. I just sprayed his bedroom very thoroughly with two cans of Raid, especially his mattress and tomorrow I will order some pesticide from Spiders | Kill Black Widows | Brown Recluse Spider | Spider Spray | Wolf Spider for quick delivery. I am flummoxed at the presence of brown recluse spiders and take care to keep my bedroom neat and uncluttered (he has books stacked on the floor in his room) but by golly, they had better watch out for me. GRRRR!!!

You sure it was a brown recluse????.....maybe they are different in different areas..... :dunno: People around here tend to lose limbs (or life) when they go untreated. Also exterminators that are friends of mine will not spray for them. I know two, both told me that treating BR spiders is a scam and that there really isn't an effective method. Just a heads up before you spend money.

I had pretty good weekend....

On Thursday night, my friend Christina and I along with my son has gone to Columbia River and hung out there, it was hot and the water in the River was quite nice, it kept us cool. There was White Goose there and he kept following my son as my son had crackers... I tried to shoo the goose away but it wont go away so I have grabbed my son's crackers and threw it in the water, and there goes the goose, it went into the water and floated away with the crackers, lol. Afterwards, Christina and I went out to dinner and it was nice, a new place Ive never been to. Then I have gone over to my other friend's house and hung out a bit.

On Friday, my good friend Rich and I have gone to Malumouth Falls..... it was quite a hike, took us a while but it was worth it, as the sight was just breath taking and it was rewarding.

On Saturday, Group of my friends and I have gone to the Battleground Lake and hung out there.... it was nice, but not quite hot.... it was warm.

Well today is Sunday and pretty much Im doing nothing as majority of my friends has left today to go to Las Vegas.

Hopefully next weekend will be fun as well. :)

There is a new Masterpiece Mystery on PBS. It is Agatha Christies Third Girl featuring detective Hercule Poirot!

I had pretty good weekend....

On Thursday night, my friend Christina and I along with my son has gone to Columbia River and hung out there, it was hot and the water in the River was quite nice, it kept us cool. There was White Goose there and he kept following my son as my son had crackers... I tried to shoo the goose away but it wont go away so I have grabbed my son's crackers and threw it in the water, and there goes the goose, it went into the water and floated away with the crackers, lol. Afterwards, Christina and I went out to dinner and it was nice, a new place Ive never been to. Then I have gone over to my other friend's house and hung out a bit.

On Friday, my good friend Rich and I have gone to Malumouth Falls..... it was quite a hike, took us a while but it was worth it, as the sight was just breath taking and it was rewarding.

On Saturday, Group of my friends and I have gone to the Battleground Lake and hung out there.... it was nice, but not quite hot.... it was warm.

Well today is Sunday and pretty much Im doing nothing as majority of my friends has left today to go to Las Vegas.

Hopefully next weekend will be fun as well. :)

Malmouth Falls. not Malumouth. I been seen there in few times and hiked to top.

You sure it was a brown recluse????.....maybe they are different in different areas..... :dunno: People around here tend to lose limbs (or life) when they go untreated. Also exterminators that are friends of mine will not spray for them. I know two, both told me that treating BR spiders is a scam and that there really isn't an effective method. Just a heads up before you spend money.

Yeah, I am sure. I have seen them and they are common in this area. The first few hours of a bite is reddish skin with a little puss in the middle, sort of like a large pimple. I have never been bitten but have several friends who have, and all the bites were nasty-looking, every single one of them. I agree it is hard to exterminate them, but heck, I have a few pump sprayers and I figure that getting rid of the spiders' prey ought to help. My brother insists on sleeping on a thin mattress on the floor, so...I usually shake out my clothes before putting them on, and I sleep a couple feet off the floor. Just be careful is my motto. Oh well.
My brother was constantly squeezing out a lot of puss from his previous bites and had me insert tweezers to pull out ropes of them. Pretty gross but I have a strong stomach, lol.

Feeling massive vibrations from Maddie playing Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii. WOMP! BOMP! WOMP-WOMP! My lamp keeps flickering. Lovely.

Spent both days at my cousins doing nothing :D Eating cake and drinking coffee *urgh*

Last weekend was boring. I worked the entire weekend. (2-12hr shifts) Sunday night I stayed in and relaxed. :)

Back