A Weekend Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
well well well.... this thread is dedicated to sharing your post-weekend (including Friday) story typically on Mondays :cool2:

The past weekend was a interesting one - on Friday last week, I was called in by a friend of mine to do a favor to drive her to friend's farm about 1.5 hours outside Canberra, let me tell you - it was fun.

I picked her up and I was driving my 2009 Ford Fiesta and the car is a bit low, so I went onto the highway, and drove, passing by the small town which has a rapid population - and I managed to get on off road, and the road was bumpy and dry with few muddy ponds, but I had to stop about 8 times along the road to open gates to my friend's friend's farm, the night was pitch dark and all I see was from my car lights and fog lights on full beam, and I drove along and saw rabbits, fox, and cows.. I managed to arrive at the farm. My friend introduced to her friend, which was a nice woman and met her husband who is in a different color however a very cool dude, he is a DJ himself and has own studio - I went inside, and my god - it was so loud but I felt peaceful and at the same time I was gawking at the large composer which is $15,000 worth and the music was rap and it was good.. Yes, a studio at the farm! I stayed for 30 minutes, we all chilled outside around the small bonfire - it was nice, but at midnight, I had to go, I was only meant to drop her off there. Before I head out - my friend's friend asked me where I was going, my friend said that I was going home, he was like what about these gates - I said to him, that I will be fine but let me tell you the drive back to the high way was a little scary but fun - it was like a foggy horror movie, and it was night time, it was basically midnight - so the car was on full light all the way and the driving made it a little difficult becuase some part was foggy and hard to see. In part of stopping one of these 8 gates, I stepped in a muddy pond in my NIKE SHOES!!

The Nike shoes ended up muddy so I continued to drive - as I drive, I saw two foxes, a feral cat and a cow almost in the way - you know, useless cows, I managed to arrive home around before 1.30am I was so exhausted. The following morning, I found myself looking at my car, which was so dirty. My sister and I managed to give my father a early surprise birthday present - which my sister won the night before which was the 42" LCD TV (LG) and whats funny, me and my sister was about to purchase a new TV for my father's 50th - he loved it, and the TV is much bigger than our old one (32")

later that afternoon, I went to a Hearing Impaired Youth Event (HIYA2) and there was only 2 of us and 3 staff, so 5 altogether - we all went ice skating and I was the only one who is very good at ice skating so I showed the two people who was newbie at ice skating - they learnt fast, and It was fun, I was ice skating with two chicks (who are friends of mine, hearing and signs) I was teasing them about expecting them to fall, one of the actually did - and I was all my might to give the other a nudge to make her fall but she never managed - oh well, I tried. Afterwards - It was fun so I took my dirty car to the self car wash and I washed the dirty muds off my car and took all my might to get to clean but somehow the dirt is still under the wheel housing of my car (goddamn!) anyway I was glad the car was clean as a whistle - with a little bit of dirt on the side.

Sunday, I ended up with a sore leg from the accident hit against the wall from ice skating - so I basically rested, and went with my parents to take Ted, my 3.5 month old puppy for a walk/ run at the lake - but it was brief because it was too windy and cold. Yes, it was cold that day and later on, we went to the small chinatown for lunch at the local yum cha, it was really good, I loved the sticky rice and the panstry pork bun - YUM. Also watched two DVDs that afternoon which I had to return, it wasn't too bad. Before we went home, we stopped by to visit my uncle and aunt, they showed us the DVD of the U.S trip, they were in Portland when I arrived. What a concidence!

That was the weekend I had.

paperclip came to visit NYC. she brought the tarts for me that she baked :drool: and a gift for my friend. I gathered a small group. went to King Tut museum at Times Square. then Chevy's (disgusting). strolled around Times Square to Madison Square Garden to find some decent bar to drink but didn't find any so walked back to our cars. while strolling around - we encountered dozens of weirdos, interestes, and others..... typical NYC thing.

very good time :)

Scalloped on Saturday.. Swam here Sunday

little_river.jpg

Had camped out on Saturday afternoon and did go to a local supper and dance for Ukrainian festival... had a good time.. got home yesterday before noon and went to work later.. blah but good weekend anyways!

Friday eve: Tuppeware Party with girlfriends :D

Saturday: hmmm... not much. WAY TOO HOT to move anywhere (even the pool!) so I stayed home, hidding from the beating sun!

Sunday: housechores (fun!) in the morning, rest in the afternoon, and soccer world cup in the evening with friend and godsons. Probably one of the most boring games eva so I went home right before the 1-0 for Spain... urgh

Is this what you want Jiro or do I need to go further into details? But doing nothing, does that still require me to write something about nothing? :giggle:

Saturday, went shopping for foods and charcoal for the grill. In the evening went out for dinner with family members.

Sunday, walked out to a restaurant at dinner and played Fairytale Fights with one of my daughters on PS3.

Downloaded the Borders E-reader and bought an ebook . Considered asking for the new hand held E-reader that Borders is introducing on 7-20. It is the cheapest one so far at $119. Waiting to see if I still want it in November for my birthday.

Wirelessly posted

Friday, did two hours of training and grocery shopping.

Sat, did a self workout and review for final exam.

Sunday, we celebrated my grandma's birthday at my aunt and uncle's house with all the family. It was nice to see Bruiser (chihuahua) he's part of the family :lol:

Last edited:
Friday, my SUV was stolen, dropped off my son at my in-laws, and a romantic evening with my hubby.

Saturday, we were supposed to go tubing with a bunch of friends but got dropped due to the rain so we went out to a bar until 3AM.

Sunday, my hubby and I along with the same group of friends plus more went to a friend's house for a pool party.

It started out bad but ended up very great. :)

Last Friday, I went to attend the workshop at the national interpreters conference. When I got home, my apartment suffered a major power outage for third straight day. The power was restored at almost 8 p.m.

My friends and I went to the conference banquet and after banquet, we had a small party outside the hotel lobby. My friend and I stopped by McDonalds for light late snack and I arrived home at 3:30 a.m. It was a blast time!

I watched the World Cup soccer game and a few favorite shows on TV yesterday.

Dang, that is pretty fast!! Have to constantly paddle on a canoe to go that far.. that fast. :lol:

I would like to try the white water rapids one day.... when I build up enough guts to do so. :aw:

Yea, hence the reason I slept 15 hours last night.

white water is easy, you'll love it.

I had an a relaxing weekend, which was very much needed! Friday night I took care of my niece. We went shopping and played some games. I let myself sleep in Sat and when I woke up a friend came to visit. We ended up going out for tex-mex food and having some sangria. After that I watched a movie and enjoyed some wine. Sunday I ran errands and spent some time laying in the sun studying for my scuba diving certification. Then I went out and bought my first grill!! :)

Last Friday, I went to attend the workshop at the national interpreters conference. When I got home, my apartment suffered a major power outage for third straight day. The power was restored at almost 8 p.m.

My friends and I went to the conference banquet and after banquet, we had a small party outside the hotel lobby. My friend and I stopped by McDonalds for light late snack and I arrived home at 3:30 a.m. It was a blast time!

I watched the World Cup soccer game and a few favorite shows on TV yesterday.

Yeah.. Saw that you wore a tie too!! :naughty:

Back